[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stupid question how do edit photos too look like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
stupid question
how do edit photos too look like this?
>>
>>2827627
Shoot very bright scenes with light colored subject matter and overcast skies. Over expose slightly. Lower contrast drastically.
>>
>>2827629
thank you, im having a hard time deciding how i like to edit my photos
>>
Hint: This is not a good edit
Hint 2: This is not a good photo
>>
>>2827635
what do you like better this one:
>>
>>2827640
or this one
>>
>>2827640
Yes, it has a subject in a nice pose. Only interesting to people who know the dog probably, because it offers nothing particularly visually interesting and no story told through the picture either.
It's nothing BAD compositionally because the dog is the point of greatest contrast and also the subject, but the trees in the background might be to chaotic to elevate it a step higher. Contrast is just one of the tricks you can do to improve composition.

Try the military approved manuals 250 to 351 for better understanding.

Here you can get them:

http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm

Don't settle for less. Good luck, soldier! Your country needs you.
>>
>>2827642
Second one is underexposed (look at the details of the dog) and oversaturated (the yellow-greenish colors are a pain to my eye)
>>
>>2827648
>>2827649
thank you for taking your time and helping me with my shitty photos. Its my aunts dog.
>>
>>2827653
It's a very basic example, but having your aunt in the picture together with the dog would have told a slight bit of story. Depending on how they interact or not interact with each other a relationship might have been hinted at. This is the stuff you're looking for.

Shoot on P for some time if your camera has an acceptable P mode and concentrate on the contents and composition of your pictures first. Setting on Black and white might also help because colors are just another level of difficulty and also make everything more susceptible to noise if you don't know exactly what you are doing exposure wise.

When you're at home you can test out in a laid back setting without worrying about subject at all how the technical stuff including exposure works and slowly put it into practice when "on site" whatever that might be for you.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.