[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Videography DSLR/DSLM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160428_130634.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_130634.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
What's up /p/,
I currently own a Sony Alpha 5100 with standard kit lens and use it mostly for videography.
I'm looking for a new DSLR/DSLM with good video features,can you guys recommend anything for me?
Low light is very nice to have,since I like filming at night time or capturing the stars. Also high fps would be nice for stylistic video edits.
I edit the footage in an artsy way,check out Frank Yang on YouTube to get a better idea.
I thought about maybe getting an Alpha7S or a GH4.
Pic kinda unrelated,fixed my SEL P 1650 after it fell.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeXIAOMI
Camera ModelMI4
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Exposure Time1/30 sec
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/1.8
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length3.90 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4160
Image Height2340
Exposure Index279
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
Time (UTC)11:06:33
Date (UTC)2016:04:28
>>
>>2826869
resize and gear thread
>>
>>2826869
Don't go for the GH4 if you care about low light, Ideally you should get an a7s2, but an a6300 could be closer to your budget - if you care about 120fps 1080p. Otherwise a7s
>>
>>2826887
Thanks for your feedback,I didnt think about the A6300,I might check it out since its a lot cheaper than both A7's
>>
>>2826887
>>2826918
That rolling shutter though...
>>
>>2826869
What is the 5100 lacking?

You could buy a different lens if you want better night performance.

Post some of your work. I'm interested
>>
If you actually want good video quality, you're going to have to choose between Panasonic or A7s. Olympus IBIS is nice, but the actual quality sucks despite the bitrate. A6000 and a6300 is the same, and lots of rolling shutter.
>>
>>2826942
>>2827031
What do you guys mean by rolling shutter?

>>2827023
A different lens could also be a way to improve video quality,since I use the standard kit lens (which is very good imo,but there might be better ones out there).Any e mount lens recommendations?

Im just looking for ways to make my videos more visually appealing,as in maybe higher resolution like 4K to be able to zoom or stabilize without sacrificing much quality or higher framerate for cool slow motion effects.
I've posted nothing online so far,also I'm a little afraid of criticism and too perfectionistic to say "that's how I visualized my idea", which is kinda stupid but oh well
>>
>>2827100
>What do you guys mean by rolling shutter?
Literally something you could have googled faster than asking here.
>>
>>2826872
>resize

no
>>
>>2827100

The sensor progressively scans through the image plane leading to slight to moderate distortion depending on the frame rate and subject speed.

This is opposed to a global "shutter" that captures the entire frame at once.
>>
>>2827100
If you are indeed a perfectionist it's time to look into the technical background of these things, because without that you will be deemed to be stuck on a level of mediocrity at best. (or become a vlogger..)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.