[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is can do dis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: randy scott slavin.jpg (132 KB, 570x568) Image search: [Google]
randy scott slavin.jpg
132 KB, 570x568
So I ran into the photography of Randy Scott Slavin and these kinds of pictures look so cool and I want to know how I can do this.
>>
>>2824280

Google tiny planet panorama tutorial.

Flip it upside down before you wrap it around polar coordinates.

Easy peezy, which is why you'll lose interest very quickly.
>>
File: foo.jpg (397 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
foo.jpg
397 KB, 1000x1000
>>2824280
Stitch / steal an equirectangular ball panorama, load it in Hugin, make stereographic projection with ridiculous field of view.
>>
Yeah why are you so interested? Its a neat gimmick, but thats all there is to it, it wares out quickly, like HDR, color splash and other photo memes

here is one i did 5 years ago
>>
>>2824280
If you have a full frame camera it can be done with 4 compass shots, a zenith, and nadir. If it is APS-C camera then 8-12 shots around the horizon taken vertically should work. You will need to use a fisheye lens to take these images because you want to make a spherical panorama. The lens has a specific "no parallax point" this is where the panorama will need to originate within a space. This point should be kept absolutely still using expensive tripod heads or you could try to tie a string and a weight around your lens to keep the nodal point from moving off less than a centimeter to reduce errors.
>>
I've never understood the appreciation of this gimmick. They aren't even visual pleasing and the whole trick is obvious and cheap looking.
>>
>>2824480
Like every other gimmick, it looks different than usual photos, and people who still thing that good photos are born of a new technique (rather than a good subject in good light with effort put on) are drawn to it.
>>
>>2824314
that one actually feels fuckin perfect for the effect
>>
>>2824541
Looks like the view from someones colon. You must be familiar with the view.
>>
File: TRACKSPLANET.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
TRACKSPLANET.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1000
Theres nothing wrong with these if you try to be creative. Lighten up. Go do the panorama dance.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T3i
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width8628
Image Height4314
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2016:04:26 01:08:07
Comment-&\#xd;&\#xa;Projection
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
>>
>>2824280
there's a lens that can do these in one shot with a little bit of cleanup
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.