[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question: does /p/ think this is shopped? The Mexican govt posted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: mexshop.jpg (183 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
mexshop.jpg
183 KB, 620x350
Question: does /p/ think this is shopped? The Mexican govt posted it and has even made a press release saying it is not shopped. Does the Mexican govt really not care at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
of course bro. the fov of the background does not match the perspective of the image with people. the lighting is too unbalanced cuz their clothing shouldn't look so bright next to the shady surroundings.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2823494
I know, right! Thanks for the input.
>>
>>2823488
worst photoshop job ever.

They got the light direction wrong (glaring forehead lights + people with no hard light at all)
They got the metering wrong (completely different exposure for the photoshopped people compared to the background)
Perspective and focal length are obviously both wrong for a group of people that close and a background that large.
If it wasn't kept so intentionally low-res you could zoom in on the bodies and see the fake edges where they were copy-pasted onto the background.
>>
Could be legit, but with some unorthodox lighting techniques.
>>
>>2823516
that's some fancy lighting if it can change the focal length of the foreground and the focal length of the background somehow.
>>
>>2823488
looks more real when zoomed in, the light seems to be coming from above and considering theyre mostly wearing white it could affect how the photo looks, sometimes photos look photoshopped when theyre not

also the woman doesnt look photoshopped at all either
>>
>>2823488
it's real brah.
it's just hdr.
>>
>>2823494
Resize
>>
>>2826459
Crop doesn't affect perspective.
Whereas photoshopping one focal length image onto a different focal length image does.
>>
>>2826473
>photoshopping one focal length image onto a different focal length image does.
What?
>>
>>2823488
ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>2826473
>Whereas photoshopping one focal length image onto a different focal length image does.
Neither crop nor focal length does affect the appearance.
The distance affects the appearance, which is why you get another effect on crop/zoom if you keep the same field of view (and thus change the distance).
>>
>>2823488
Why would they shop that?
What's the significance?
>>
File: Untitled.png (198 KB, 813x881) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
198 KB, 813x881
>>2826513
So I wanted to see what the story was, and when I did a reverse image search, check out these results...

Also here's a buzzfeed article on this stuff: https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/mexicos-possible-photoshopping-president
>>
seems legit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.