[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zenit Lenses are back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Zenitar_50_095_1-800x663.jpg (108 KB, 800x663) Image search: [Google]
Zenitar_50_095_1-800x663.jpg
108 KB, 800x663
http://petapixel.com/2016/04/19/zenit-back-first-look-50mm-f0-95-50mm-f1-2-85mm-f1-2/

>Zenitar 50mm f/0.95, 50mm f/1.2, and 85mm f/1.2
>The lens will supposedly arrive sometime in 2017 and run you close to $500
>the Zenitar 50mm f/0.95 is meant for Sony’s FE mirrorless cameras

Welp, time to buy Sony I guess.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1200
Image Height994
>>
good fucking luck with that shallow dof and manual focus.

Had similar setup. Every time i shot stuff ended up having to shoot dozens more of the same because of a precaution to make sure subject is in focus. Ended up with gigabytes of uselesss photos that are out of focus.
>>
>>2819673
>f/0.95
what in the christ fuck is the use for this
>>
>>2819715
Aperture is the slightly more knowledgeable man's megapixels. Gotta get more so you know it's better (and therefore, you know you're better)
>>
>>2819682
>not using a split ring focusing screen

Pleb
>>
>>2819682
>>2819715

You do know you can step back enough that the DOF covers an entire person standing, right? you don't have to be at minimim focus distance so their face isn't half swimming in bokeh
>>
Gear Thread
>>
>>2819715
you stop it down to f4 and get better pix than a lens that only has largest aperture of f4

also hipsters and their bokeh
>>
>>2819682
You need a better focusing screen, one that can actually resolve an aperture that big

otherwise it looks sharp in the viewfinder 10cm back and forth, while your dof is under 1cm

Anyone attempting hipster douche manual focus practices show have a good read about focusing screens

>meanwhile hipsters muh focus peaking evf
fuck off
>>
>>2819772
>>2819772
No,you don't.
>>
>>2819776
Not if you buy an used-to-be-soviet lens
>>
>>2819777
Pick a current fast lens, and a current high quality slower lens at the same focal length, and show that the faster lens is better when it matches the slower lens.

Two examples would be very convincing.
>>
>>2819772
>you stop it down to f4 and get better pix than a lens that only has largest aperture of f4

idiot

i do not want to upset your statements, just look at peak resolution numbers : http://www.dxomark.com/lenses/mounted_on-Nikon_D800E-814/launched-between-1987-and-2016#hideAdvancedOptions=false&viewMode=list&yDataType=rankDxo

You will easily see that only those fast lenses score better than slower counterparts if they have shitton of glass.
>>
>>2819777
> used-to-be-soviet

These are new designs, not rebadged Soviet lenses.

Although with KMZ being decades behind on lens technology, I don't have high expectations.
>>
>>2819673
All the pictures in that report are absolute garbage.

Did they send someone with nothing more than a phone camera to take pictures of camera equipment?
>>
>Zenit was going to come back and take on Leica in the luxury camera market
AHAHAHAHAHA fucking russians not even once
>>
File: 1287545838329.png (22 KB, 381x400) Image search: [Google]
1287545838329.png
22 KB, 381x400
>>2819673
>f/0.95
But what about the T-Stop?

I'm dying to know the T-Stop of this lens and the Mitakon F0,95.
But DXO are being useless homos and only review other lenses than exactly these.
>>
>>2819922
Someone on Reddit mentioned it's T/1.4.
>>
>>2819772

I would wager the farm that my Canon 70-200 f4L IS wide open would comprehensively shit all over those Russian lenses at f8
>>
Sweet I've always wanted a cheap .95 to mess around and bokehwhore with
>>
>>2820123

NOT ENOUGH BOKEH!
>>
>>2819922
>DXO are being useless homos and only review other lenses than exactly these.

Yeah, they should review more unreleased future lenses...
>>
>>2819932
I've always been kinda curious -- on cameras with a significantly lower t-stop than maximum f-stop, do modern cameras calculate exposure using the t or f stop?
>>
>>2820650

t-stop. they use the light hitting the sensor, not the aperture position
>>
>>2819932
ah so it isnt t/1.4
>>
File: Hp5Ae1028.jpg (294 KB, 1657x700) Image search: [Google]
Hp5Ae1028.jpg
294 KB, 1657x700
>>2820650
This is something that's made me wonder a bit as well. For any open aperture metering system, the correct shutter speed for a stopped down aperture is calculated logarithmically from how much light is getting onto the meter wide open.
The thing is, if your f/1.2 lense is only transmitting t/1.4 worth of light, then does that mean all of your shots are going to be overexposed by a third of a stop? (assuming that the actual light transmission falls into closer correlation with f-stop once your a few stops off wide open)
Apparently EF lenses contain electronic information for the camera that adds moderate ISO gain to reflect the increase in exposure people expect when going from f/1.4 to f/1.2, so you'd imagine they also calculate stopped down exposure accurately.
But for a mechanical camera I wonder if they're doing the same? For example the Ai tab on Nikkor lenses actually being slighty shorter than what would be logarithmically correct for f/1.2; long enough to tell the cam to show f/1.2 in the viewfinder, but correctly sized to enable the meter to perform stopped down exposure calculations accurately.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.6
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.8
Serial Number1132529712
Lens NameEF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:06:14 17:14:07
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1657
Image Height700
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeCenter-Weighted
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceDaylight
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2820650
T stop.
>>
>>2820123
>buying lenses for their sharpness
>not for their 3D nose pop capabilities
>>
>>2821812
>Apparently EF lenses contain electronic information for the camera that adds moderate ISO gain
So what happens in the EOS film bodies?
>>
>>2821831
Well the camera probably exposes the film correctly?
At the end of the day, we're talking about a third of a stop, max, for almost any of the lenses concerned.
Anybody so anally retentive as to care about that third of a stop ought to suffer through the stupidity of doing their own bloody testing to find out what their meters and lenses do.
>>
C'mon! I previosly have two zenit's. As film cam it is medium - low quality. Same lenses was very diferent quality. I dont know maybe it was depend from vodka quantity in workers blood. This is soviet....
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.