[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post best ergonomic dslr on the market.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
>Pic related /p/
>>
>>2816339
D750 the rest don't matter.
>>
>>2816339
>dslr

;^)
>>
>>2816339
Canon entry level bodies have faggy controls.

Not as terrible as nikon, though.
>>
File: 1dx-mk2 jfr.jpg (263 KB, 1585x816) Image search: [Google]
1dx-mk2 jfr.jpg
263 KB, 1585x816
>Grips that fit the natural curl of the human hand
>Buttons that fall right below exactly where your fingers lie
>Duplicated buttons for vertical hold

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3400
Image Height2552
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:02:02 00:40:33
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1585
Image Height816
>>
>>2816339
>>
canon is ass tier for ergonomics.
>>
>>2816339
D5200
>>
>>2816353
I have not found that to be the case. Especially on non-rebel bodies that have the large control wheel on the back. Why do you feel that way?
>>
File: Nikon D700.jpg (138 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Nikon D700.jpg
138 KB, 1024x768
>>2816350
>that spinning wheel thing on the back instead of the Nikon-style wheel at the top right corner plus a D-pad on the back
>power switch on the back instead of around the shutter button
>that weird Canon shutter button placement
>square viewfinder
>bigass heavy integrated-grip body
disgusting.
>>
>>2816350
Nice anon, you got taste.
>>
>>2816378
>spinning wheel thing on the back instead of the Nikon-style wheel at the top right corner

Yeah I never understood that.
What the fuck Canon?
>>
>>2816390

for "one hand photography", you'd use your thumb to quick setup.

But, I don't like it, and I'm more confy with Nikon wheels.
>>
Pretty much most DSLRs so long as you get a battery grip
>>
>>2816395
So it's just for the menu?

Nikon menu's are quite shit.
But actual shooting is way more important anyways.
>>
>>2816400
There is a huge difference between an entry level Nikon and a high end Nikon. (I have both).
>>
>Hey 4chin what cameroo fits MY hand the best.

Are you literally this dumb?
>>
>>2816401

menu and aperture.

Find the confier for you, you could use your thumb on your face to change aperture or use it on your eye for shutter speed

Canon is best for handle
>>
>>2816353
you are literally the only person to think this.

if canon does a single thing well, other than jewing its users with 10 year old sensors for as long as they can, its build cameras that operate and feel perfect in the hand. shits just intuitive and smooth.

its literally the only thing keeping me from switching to another brand, that and the lens selection. nikon and sony cameras feel like absolute ass in comparison, despite being better cameras spec-wise.
>>
>>2816411
The Nikon shutter wheel is well free from your face.

The focus point selector is right next to my nose though, which is kinda annoying.
I do have a big nose, guess Nips don't have this problem.
>>
>>2816378
Your viewfinder and photos are rectangular. Why would your eyepiece be round?
>>
>>2816417
This, pretty much.

Give me the same sensor that's in the D810 in a 1D body with 1D focus, and I'll never want another body as long as I live.
>>
>ITT: Another useless gearwanking thread

FTFY
>>
File: PentaxK3-rear.jpg (584 KB, 1728x1308) Image search: [Google]
PentaxK3-rear.jpg
584 KB, 1728x1308
I'unno I like this thing's ergonomics far more than any Canon I've ever used.
>>
File: 41TUxMoKY4L._SX355_.jpg (20 KB, 355x334) Image search: [Google]
41TUxMoKY4L._SX355_.jpg
20 KB, 355x334
>>2816378
>>2816440

meme viewfinder > all
>>
>>2816440
But your eyes are round, and the lenses in the viewfinder are round too so why chop off the edges of the finder just to make it square? Round finders are more comfortable and let you see inside the finder better.

This explains it better than I can http://www.chromaticabrasion.com/blog/2012/11/1/nikon-circular-viewfinder-d800-versus-d600
>>
File: 20130626_news_fg01.jpg (45 KB, 452x396) Image search: [Google]
20130626_news_fg01.jpg
45 KB, 452x396
This was COMFY AF. it was my first camera. I miss it anons.
>>
>>2816469
Because you're looking through a round hole and looking at a rectangular thing. So you're wasting a ton of extra space by making the eyepiece round, by definition. According to your article, round ones are nicer because you can look into them at strange angles. (???) I guess? I'd rather have the extra room dedicated to magnification, or coverage, than to being able to view my scene while break-dancing or something, since I find that I'm usually right behind my camera when shooting.

Obviously some people prefer it, but to say it's objectively better to have a round finder than it is to have a rectangular one is pretty silly.
>>
>>2816378
The Canon spinny wheel and the AF point joystick are my favorite things about the system desu
>>
>>2816378
>bigass heavy integrated-grip body
It certainly makes shooting portrait orientation more comfortable, and since ergonomics are the point of the thread...
>>
>>2816518
And entirely ignores the D3/4/5 have one...
>>
If you aren't deformed or american (same thing lol) the a6000 series are pretty ergonomic.
>>
>>2816529
u kiddin me senpai
>>
>>2816457
Why do they use such a shit picture on the display to show of the camera?
>>
>>2816505
I've added a 1.2X magnifying eyepiece to my D800.

I think the round viewfinder is a huge advantage with such eyepieces..

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot S95
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2012:06:07 13:34:25
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Subject Distance0.24 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length12.85 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width900
Image Height509
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2816518
Removable grip is best grip, though.

Some lenses feel better with a grip and some better without.
For example my Tamron 15-30 feels like absolute cancer when I attach my grip, but it feels great without.
>>
>>2816557
Did the same with my K-3, I don't think I'll ever take it off. It makes the viewfinder so much spacious plus it fits nicely under my brow.
I think everyone should do the same.
>>
>>2816457
>AF button to the right of the rear wheel
>rear wheel in a position for people with thumbs that are 2 feet long

>>2816557
I don't like the magnifiers because they reduce eyepoint and I need long eyepoint for my glasses, but I do like the big cone shaped eyecups and I think those are hella comfy even if they are outrageously overpriced.
>>
>>2816578
>I don't like the magnifiers because they reduce eyepoint and I need long eyepoint for my glasses

I think people with glasses is the reason viewfinders don't come like that standard.
>>
>>2816586
I know at least for Nikon the F3HP finder set the gold standard for long eyepoint and decent but not super high magnification and every camera they've made since then has been pretty similar.
>>
>>2816553
because Ricoh
>>
>>2816479
COMFY as FUCK
>>
>>2816395
explain how having two wheels on either side doesn't let you shoot one-handed?

(it does, no need to answer)
>>
File: 1450774477456.png (500 KB, 2016x660) Image search: [Google]
1450774477456.png
500 KB, 2016x660
Sony a6300, nothing even comes to close.
>>
>>2816557
These are really nice. A friend and I both had D3s back in the day, and I borrowed his DK-17 and Zeiss 2/100 for a shoot, awesome combo.
>>
>>2816574
You're talking about the O-ME53 right?
>>
>>2816353
/thread
used my buddy's 7d and it felt clunky af, heavy and just like a fat turd. my K-3 feels so much better to hold and shoot with
>>
>>2816339
I really like the D750, but I wish it had better IQ. I recently got one to replace my broken X100T and it all looks like a mess past ISO 800. Might sell it and get something like the A7 instead.
>>
>>2816578
My wife has tiny asian hands and she reaches the wheel no problem. You must have hands like a child.
>>
>>2816578
The rear wheel is closer than on Nikon and the buttons are closer than on Canon.
Let's not talk about the Canon implementation of the rear wheel requiring a dislocated thumb.
>>
>fat black blob

Is this really the pinnacle of camera design and ergonomics?
>>
>>2818446
Sony is too edgy for me
>>
>>2818450
This has nice, sharp lines, but I doubt you'll cut yourself with them.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GX8
Camera SoftwareVer.1.0
PhotographerPicasa
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)66 mm
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2016:02:17 14:00:44
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length33.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3920
Image Height3522
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID958dcfa1c2a1c5323b05e207c336ef1a
Image QualityFine
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeUnknown
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerUnknown
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeProgram
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
Color EffectOff
ContrastLow
Noise ReductionStandard
>>
>>2818446

design =/= ergonomics
>>
>>2818453
It has prominent lines, yes, but Sony has actual edges, no rounding, not a single effort for a comfortable design.
I agree though that Pentax can design some of the most comfy cameras and comfy workflow UI.
>>
>>2816786
Yup
Chinese aftermarket magnifier viewfinder cups only give you CA and blurry image. It costs 5x more than the cheap chinese shit but optically it is well made and comfy as well.
>>
>>2818466
Yeah I'd had a look at the O-ME53, alot of people were saying it can greatly reduce the amount you see in the viewfinder, while a bunch of others said the difference was so subtle that it wasn't even worth it. But you're saying it makes it alot more spacious, so obviously it just comes down to different cameras and users.

Do you wear glasses? I've got the K-5 IIs which is apparently indistinguishable to the K-3 in terms of its viewfinder, so if it works perfectly for you I'm hoping I'll have a similar experience.
>>
>>2818475
>reduce the amount you see in the viewfinder
That's stupid. All it does is magnifying the viewfinder image by 1.2x without giving aberrations. It gives you a more spacious viewfinder with easier to see details but you can take in the whole frame. It just feels more natural to me, but I got it for ergonomic reasons.
The normal eyepiece is in the plane of the rear side/screen of the camera so having an eyepiece jutting out gives you more room to place it more comfortably to your eye.
I also wear glasses but usually I take them off and set the diopter instead. When I don't take off the glasses I see the same amount with or without the eyepiece because of the glasses distance.
If your eyes are beyond the diopter range you can get a diopter compensation eyepiece and then set the dipoter. The eyepiece will also be jutting out so it would be just as comfortable to place to your eye.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1280x720
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.