[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macro video experiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Youtube-thumbnail_01.jpg (219 KB, 1678x940) Image search: [Google]
Youtube-thumbnail_01.jpg
219 KB, 1678x940
I made this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbVbrlh14Nw

I used metallic paint chips in oil, filmed w/ a cheap macro attachment on ebay on a helios-44m to create this effect. Filmed with the XT-10.

Let me know what you think, I'm happy to answer any questions on the process

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerTrent
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
Pretty good. Nice editing and music too.

I'd like to see more.
>>
No one else does color as

F U J I
U
J
I
>>
>>2816287
cool aliasing and moire.
>>
>>2816287
actually really good looking for XT-10
>>
>>2816318
More to come!
>>2816345
The XT-10 isn't that bad for filming to be honest, it's small and convenient to.
>>
>>2816374
>The XT-10 isn't that bad for filming to be honest, it's small and convenient to.
It's pretty bad. All the Fujis (other than the XPro2) are pretty bad. They compress hard, leaving lots of artifacting (Readily seen in your out of focus smooth toned areas that look chunky and low quality)
Only people who are looking for it will notice it though.
>>
>>2816375
What is a better option for video quality at the same price, and around the same size?
>>
>>2816386
I don't understand why people jump to this defense.
>It's pretty bad
and
>It's the best at its price level and form factor
are not exclusive to each other.
>>
>>2816386
Sony A6000 and A6300. That said, maybe he didn't mean only to take very cheap (for film) setups into account?
>>
>>2816391
Okay you are right, well in comparison to the other options on the market with an unlimited budget the XT-10 quality is bad. I guess the same thing could really be said about anything from cars to computers.
I should have rephrased my response as "While there are much better cameras on the market, I have enjoyed the XT-10 for filming because in my personal situation it is a great compromise for it's price and size and convenience factor.
>>
>>2816404
And you continue to sperg out being retardedly defensive of your camera.

Frankly, an EOS M is a better choice than an XT-10
>>
>>2816410
Haha, sorry man, I really do like my camera, please excuse my ignorance, the XT-10 is my first mirrorless and I haven't had access to many other options, and I based my choice off reviews and feedback of peers. I hope to have hand on experience with other options when I eventually phase this one out :)
>>
>>2816386
EOS M(3)
a6000
GH2/3/4

You don't have to be defensive about it, it's not a jab at you personally, and it's not really a jab at Fuji. They have said themselves, they don't put much effort into video stuff because their ideal target customer doesn't do video much.

Fun fact, they have come out and said, officially, that the XPro2 has hardware capable of 4k video, and all it would take to make it work is firmware, but that they're not going to do it because they did a poll and only a small portion of the people who bought it even want it.
>>
>>2816410
>Frankly, an EOS M is a better choice than an XT-10
Well, for video maybe, but overall, I would disagree pretty strongly. Lens selection (and after adaptation, ergonomics and size) alone would push me to Fuji. Then there's a viewfinder...
>>
>>2816428
Don't worry I didn't take it personally at all, the camera I use is just a tool, I was just trying to provide context why I liked using the camera in this context with the limitations I had. Ideally I'd love to have an unlimited budget and be able to use whatever I wanted, I'm sure I could do heaps more for this video with a unlimited toolset. I was just trying to say that I was happy with how the video quality turned out considering the limitations. However in retrospect I think we were just on different pages and it was just a misunderstanding on my part.
>>
>>2816439
Well that's good then!
I was happy when my XPro2 was supposed to have nicer video than my X-T1, but I still haven't used it even once, so... Oh well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.