[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
humidity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So basically I'm staying in a very humid place for the next 2 weeks, and I only have one place to store my lenses that has over 50 percent RH.

I'm very afraid of fungus growing in my glass, what should I do? I've put a bowl with some salt in it and a bunch of silica bags but the RH is still pretty high...

pic unrelated
>>
quit being a bitch and go take pictures

signed,

Sugar, resident Floridian and ambassador to the land of 500% humidity and giant man-eating mosquitoes
>>
Humidity is much less a concern than taking unsealed gear into the rain is.

Toss the silica bags into your bag for safe measure, but it won't prevent what is unlikely in the first place.
>>
QLD, Australia here, I agree with this guy - >>2811004
gtf outside and quit worrying
>>
>>2811004
>>2811011
cool, i take my camera with me during the day but I can't be out taking pictures 24/7, they have to be somewhere while I sleep

inb4
>not taking pictures while asleep
>>
>>2811011
Are you in cairns?
>>
>>2811027
Just dont change the temperature of the camera from cold to warm or it will have water condense on it.
>>
>>2811000
>humidity issues

ask ur mum lmao.
>>
>>2811044
No. Sunshine Coast. Same humidity but a little cooler
>>
>>2811260
this is the problem actually because it's pretty cold outside but warm and humid where I stay so I'm scared I don't want to have to buy new lenses
>>
>>2811699
If you're super paranoid, then when you're in the warm, put them into ziploc bags and squeeze all the air out. Then bring them into the cool. The water will condense outside of the bag, other than the very small amount already in the lens. Then, once the temp has equalized, take them out and let them breathe. They'll be fine.

once you're done with your trip, leave them outside so the sun can shine through them for a few hours to bake out any moisture that's left, and relax.
>>
>>2811324

hahaha, dad, still not funny and rubbing it alone I see.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.