[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leica dual camera on Huawei P9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Huawei-P9-Leica-leak_1.jpg (21 KB, 600x311) Image search: [Google]
Huawei-P9-Leica-leak_1.jpg
21 KB, 600x311
Set to launch this month.

Thoughts?
>>
It's pretty sad.
>>
>>2806598
It's not a rangefinder with an M designation, the waterproof compact, or that full frame mirrorless, so it's not worth paying attention to.
>>
"Leica" isn't even one company.
>>
>>2806612
In this day and age, that's a really retarded thing to say.
>>
>Whoring out to shady Chinese phone companies

Will this hurt the brand image for the type of people who buy them?
>>
>>2806631
Are you serious or do you not know about the shittacular compacts and non-M digicompacts that they made?
>>
>>2806631
Better than bankruptcy.
>>
>>2806614
>he doesn't know there are 3 separate companies called "Leica"
>>
>>2806631
Interesting question.

On one hand it will increase brand recognition.
On the other hand it cheapens it.

Overall I think it's probably a good idea as long as the lenses are better than most smart phone lenses.
That way even though it isn't high-end glass, it's still somewhat of a "luxury" item.
>>
>>2806641
>doesn't know that essentially *every* major company is a collection of companies
>>
>>2806649

I'm just more surprised they wouldn't try go for like the tier 2 Android manufacturers like maybe LG, HTC, or even Motorola first, but maybe they weren't interested in giving a boat of cash.
>>
>>2806652
Canon isn't.
Nikon isn't.
Sony isn't.
>>
>>2806668
HAHAHAHA.

You're seriously an idiot and literally 100% wrong on all three accounts.
>>
>>2806670
So apart from Sony Corporation (SNE), what other Sony's are there?

You have:

- Leica Camera AG, a German camera and optics manufacturer
- Leica Geosystems AG, a Swiss manufacturer of surveying and geomatics equipment
- Leica Microsystems GmbH, a German manufacturer of microscopes and other precision optics
>>
>>2806678
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Corporation_shareholders_and_subsidiaries
>>
>>2806683
A subsidiary isn't the same as a completely separate company.

The 3 different "Leica" companies have no control over each other.
They just happen to use the same brand name.
>>
>>2806678
Oh, and Canon's subsidiaries:
http://www.canon.com/corporate/information/group/
and Nikon's
http://www.nikon.com/news/2009/Annex5_6.pdf

I can think of almost no company of note that is a literal singular entity. It's dumb as fuck as a business to be a single entity for a host of reasons.
>>
>>2806686
Yes, because breaking into subsidiaries isn't a first step to selling off business units/splitting them off.

Also, branding is controlled at a single point, so your point is actually wrong in its entirety in this case.

I'm not assed to bother looking into it, but I'm willing to bet that there's a holding company that maintains a good hunk of ownership of each of the spinoff companies. Probably quite a lot of crossover at the Board level as well.
>>
>>2806686
Sorry, but no. Leica is ONE Company with three independent subsidiaries.

Just think about Volkswagen for a brief moment. They do own Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and so on.. But all the marques mentioned do act independently. The same way goes for Leica /(Leitz)
>>
>>2806696
Wrong
>>
>>2806699
Amusingly, all the Leica companies are owned by a single parent company (that's why they're called "sister" companies), so while they are independent of each other, they're still controlled by the same company.
>>
>>2806699
Here's the parent company btw: http://www.danaher.com/
>>
>>2806598
Isn't it a Panasonic sensor
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.