[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings /p/ I am new to photography. I bought a Minolta XG-1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: MinoltaXG1.jpg (182 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MinoltaXG1.jpg
182 KB, 640x480
Greetings /p/

I am new to photography. I bought a Minolta XG-1 35mm camera just to mess around with and take some shots.
I've filled up at least 4 rolls of film. I shipped them out to The Darkroom to get them developed and printed, but once I got them back they said that it was a blank roll.
I purchased this camera off of Amazon used.

So to cut to the point, is it possible to tell if my camera is broken? Is there anyway to tell if the shots are actually being taken without shipping them to get them developed?

Everything appears to be working on the camera, fresh batteries, shutter, everything.
>>
ALSO
I only shipped one of the rolls out to be developed. Still have about three or four undeveloped rolls.
>>
>>2805939
Open up the back and check if the shutter and curtains actually close and open as you fire the shutter. Another thing could be that you didn't put the film properly. Check the guides for your camera. Good luck
>>
>>2805940
Did you use freshly bought rolls with known expiration date?
>>
>>2805964
I purchased Kodak 200 Gold off a website, I checked and they are not expired.
>>
>>2806318
Then the only thing I can come up with is either defective film, or the lab fucked up badly and tried to cover it up, if you indeed checked that the shutter works (>>2805952).
>>
>>2805939

You should check camera for camera leaks. Also make sure that film really wounds in camera, ruined my film this way once.
>>
>>2806373

camera leaks -> light leaks
>>
>>2806373
Oh yeah, this just crossed my mind, the OP may have just inserted the film incorrectly so it never got actually exposed. A light leak would have to be massive to blank out the entire roll, so I really doubt it's that.

>>2805939
At this point your only option is shoot another roll I guess. Most likely you simply failed to insert the film leader in the spool properly. Another explanation would be that the camera's winding mechanism is broken and does not advance the film when you cock the shutter. It's happened to me with unfamiliar cameras a couple times. Follow the manual's instructions, advance the film BEFORE closing the lid to see that it got wound up like it should, and keep an eye on the winding lever on the left to see that it spins while you advance the film as you shoot.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.