[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canon S95 in 2016 Mobile Phone Cameras
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: s95-675x450.jpg (54 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
s95-675x450.jpg
54 KB, 675x450
Many of the pictures taken on my Motorola Nexus 6 look better than the ones taken on my old Canon S95 under the same conditions. The camera on this phone is considered to be just average compared to other phones. Have modern mobile phone cameras finally surpassed the S95 in IQ?
>>
>>2805428
>Many of the pictures taken on my Motorola Nexus 6 look better than the ones taken on my old Canon S95 under the same conditions.

Doubt it.
>>
>>2805428
Under what conditions? In daylight, phone cameras have been really good for quite a while. In artificial lighting, my S90 is still better than my Sony Z1, especially with a bit of raw processing.

Also, zoom and flash.
>>
File: Untitled picture.png (2 MB, 1894x865) Image search: [Google]
Untitled picture.png
2 MB, 1894x865
Just took a couple of pics to compare the S95 (left) and the Nexus 6 (right). What do you think?
>>
>>2805452
They look the same, but that's like 0.5 megapixels of resolution.
>>
>>2805452
I think right looks more saturated and left is sharper and clearer
I'd still go with the S95
>>
>>2805452

You need to compare 100% crops.
>>
S95 has zoom lenses. Cellphones have prime. That's why.

Prime >>>>>> zoom always
>>
>>2805452
This is a bad comparison, zoom in on a high contrast part of the image and see how both compare then.

S95 is a dedicated device for taking pictures, it has a better feature set and beter ergonomics. The sensor and IQ possible with a certain camera is so fucking overrated. People need to remember that a camera should be comfortable and full of features that help you take pictures, not just be a box with the best sensor possible.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.