[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I find myself being asked over and over again to share my photos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I find myself being asked over and over again to share my photos with strangers. I have no interest in sharing my photos, for they are mine.

What should I say when I don't want to share, without seeming rude?
>>
>>2804511
just say you will do it, but never happen
>>
>>2804511
"They are a work in progress that I am developing as part of portfolio series. I'm a perfectionist and I'm not ready to share any images until I have the whole portfolio completed".

...But seriously, stop being such an autist and share a couple of snaps. They will probably be so average that no one will much more than glance at them anyway.
>>
>>2804511
Stop being such a fucking pussy and just say no. Tell them something like "I'm sorry, but this is part of my work and I can't share them with you". It's really not that fucking hard.
>>
>>2804511
If you mean random people on the street asking to see some of your photos, just show them a few, have a bit of chit chat, then say you have to get back to it.
If you mean people you took photos of, you legally have to show them. Doesn't matter if you're in a public place; if someone asks something regarding a photo they're in, you have to comply.
>>
>>2804924
What law is this?
>>
>>2804924
What country are you in?
>>
Can you eleborate? Like people going up to you in the streets? Where do you live?

I've never seen or heard that in the US - wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to steal your camera or something. Maybe showing off the LCD makes the tension around the strap just enough for someone to come by and cut it and grab it.
>>
>>2804986
>>2805005
More than likely in Germany or UK
>>
Just ask for an email address, no you don't have a pen and paper. Then throw them away first chance you get. Or send a few and see what happens.
>>
who the fuck is asking you to see pictures?

if you're photographing people and they inquire, then you really should show them.
>>
>>2804924
>enjoying a beautiful day and taking pictures
>overweight shebeast with crooked teeth demands I show her the photos
>say that I can't because it's film
>she gathers a crowd of hooligans that restrain me and confiscates my camera while she gets a cop
>gunless cop shows up to investigate
>demands that I process my film so I can show the shebeast
>didn't even shoot half the roll
>process the roll
>shebeast looks at negatives with loupe
>police demand I get contact sheet
>shebeast demands 5 images in poster sized prints
>after the prints are done she looks through them
>she's not in a single one
>gunless cop says I'm free to go
>says I could have avoided all the trouble if I just shot digital
>>
inb4 photography is not art

This is not much different than someone asking a person with an instrument to play them a song, or a painter to show them a painting. If you don't want to, say no. Doesn't matter what the reason is, you're not obligated to.
>>
>>2805017
Don't have to do it in the UK. He's probably a mainland Eurocuck.
>>2805146
>did you just take a photo of me
>no
>let me see
>sure
>flip body over
>solid black door
>well go on then, turn the screen on
Some people are too paranoid to walk on the streets. Your average person is also too stupid to know the difference between a tele and a wide lens. They just see a "big camera"
>>
>>2805017
UK's photo laws are pretty relaxed. Hope you weren't trying to /pol/ this shit up buddy.
>>
>>2805016
found the dirty strap user
>>
>>2805351
?
>>
>>2804511
>JAAAaaa rrrEEEDDDddddd pPoOOLIIIiin....
>FROOOWww KnoOOWWWSSss PHoOOOTOOO!!!! *seizure*

Nice portrait.
>>
>>2808948
You hang your dslr around your neck with a dirty thong, we know
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.