[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would /p/ do? i just snapshit for fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
what would /p/ do? i just snapshit for fun
>>
i would do it just for the reference
>>
>>2804444
Yeah this

I'd say go for it anon
>>
>>2804379
I'd send them a few photos. Like the others said, it's a good reference and networking opportunity even if you only do it for fun. Plus, they'll remember you and be more likely to come to you for future photos.
>>
>>2804474
>more likely to come to you for future photos
Yeah... some random poor lawyer who is so cheap he wants FREE photographs for his office is going to very often pay for new photography! /s

In Actuality, no repeat business whatsoever and a complete waste of time. In fact, doing work for free that should be paid work hurts the market in general. Nobody is gonna see a random ugly black-and-white snapshit of a homeless person in some schmuck lawyer's dirty lobby room and hunt you down for a paid gig. Random hobo street photography doesn't demonstrate you know how to do studio portraits and lighting, or wedding photography, or wildlife photography or action photography, or really any genre that pays whatsoever.
>>
>>2804379
>>2804444
This, he's offered to pay you a wee bit and all, £100 or whatever is a decent night out or two, and it's a bit of an ego boost tbphwbyaeeotb
>>
>>2804555
it does not say they'll pay anything for a "snapshit for fun" person
OP will get $0.
>>
If you get (even a little) money out of it, yes, otherwise no

Since you're just snapshitting for fun and don't seem to want to make it a career, there's no point looking for exposure for free or something like that

On the other hand, if you're just snapshitting for fun and somebody offers you money for a picture, I don't see a reason not to take it
>>
>>2804539
>he thinks advancing your artistry means making more money inherently
lol future suicide case
>>
Don't ruin it for other people by giving it away for free.
>>
>>2804592
This. Charge him a little and blow the money celebrating your first dollars earned with photography. But don't do it for free, or he'll never accept to pay for photographs anymore thinking they'll just find someone who won't charge anything.
>>
>>2804592

couldn't be more right!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.