[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you taking pictures? Do you aspire to actually translate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 20160314_032345.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160314_032345.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Why are you taking pictures? Do you aspire to actually translate your work from hobbyism to art? Do you think you'll accomplish that through /p/?

There are a lot of threads questioning things in photography, be it naive, but I'm interested in how many people here are actually interested in photography as something else than a hobby.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G925W8
Camera SoftwareG925W8VLU3BOK1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.9
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:03:14 03:23:45
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness-0.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDA16LLIC08SM A16LLIG02GM_
>>
we all just want to fuck models
>>
>>2804087
ew anon
>>
File: _DSF2529.jpg (795 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
_DSF2529.jpg
795 KB, 1500x1000
>>2804082
I shoot photos because the process and the results make me happy personally. That feeling has caused me to collect skills and "good enough" photos that people have started asking me to take photos for them for different things. Portraits, events, etc. I may someday make enough money from it to quit my day job, but really the joy from the process, and seeing a good photo come off the card are the reasons that I do it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
>Why are you taking pictures?
It's fun and I'm kind of addicted to it. I "have to do it" and I feel unhappy if I don't/can't.

>Do you aspire to actually translate your work from hobbyism to art?
Well, I already did art (music) before I started taking pictures, so I just consider it another way of expressing myself/my emotions. So it was both almost since the beginning.

>Do you think you'll accomplish that through /p/?
i just come here for the memes and critique, I don't have a lot of friends at my (amateur) level. I know some pros through my photog gf but I feel stupid compared to them, so I try not to talk about my habit with them much.
>>
>Why are you taking pictures?
Because I enjoy doing so, and doing so offers me the opportunity to document my life and experiences in a way I'm enamored with.
>Do you aspire to actually translate your work from hobbyism to art?
Can't it be both? I think it's both.
>Do you think you'll accomplish that through /p/?
Well, sure. /p/ can only hold you back if you let it. There's decent advice here if you avoid shitposts.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.