[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever work with timelapse footage? Lately i'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
Anyone here ever work with timelapse footage? Lately i've been getting into it and I suck. I use a shitty FujiFilm Finepix (saving for an upgrade) and Movie Maker (which is awful)

Any suggestions on how to improve my work would be awesome.

Heres some of my shitty last two things as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIgmk8mwPxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gMBLy-NQB8
>>
>>2802280
these are fucking terrible op. what brought you to the conclusion that these were worth uploading?
>>
File: image.gif (281 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
281 KB, 200x200
>>2802459
He stated himself they were shit, and wanted tips to improve ya retard
>>
>>2802280
bitch on her phone the whole time. rude as shit.
>>
>>2802459

I know its shit man. Any ideas on how to improve?
>>
I like the different angles you made in the billiards one, the lighting is a littke bad though.

The lakes one had clips that ran on for too long and some too short. The camera also shook too much. Try using a more stable tripod or do it on a day where its not too windy.

With practice comes perfection. Just keep going at it and try to improve as much as your budget allows. Buying a better camera should be your first step.
>>
>>2803201

Thank you! Any bit of criticism helps. I understand it's not for everyone, it's mostly for myself.
>>
I used to do the same with a canon powershot with chdk on it, for the timelapse functionality and for raw. I would import everything to lightroom, make adjustments on one image, then sync the settings for all the rest. Export them to jpeg and resize. After that you can use after effects, premier pro, sony vegas or any editing software of your choosing.
I also did some hdr timelapses with the same workflow, just with an additional software that could do batch hdr, but that was a pain in the ass, and not worth it with a cheap camera that was too slow for proper hdr with raw.

As far as the actual timelapses go, you have the same problem every timelapse has, it is just boring. You really need to find something unique to make it interesting, or make it really fucking pretty, but for that you need better gear.
>>
Timelapses are boring, so maybe try something else. I think the only time I ever enjoyed it was being stoned or tripping face on acid
>>
>>2802280
Try hyperlapsing instead.
>>
>>2804929
Whats hyperlapsing?
>>
Get a better tripod, the shakiness ruins some of the shots.
>>
File: 1454869496288.gif (1 MB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1454869496288.gif
1 MB, 499x499
I've seen worse. Calling yourself shit never helps, just keep at it. Timelapse isnt for everyone and yes it's boring 99% of the time. If you enjoy it, keep at it. It's your hobby and if you like doing it, keep doing it. Fuck what other people say and use that as inspiration to better yourself. We've all been in your shoes at one point.

The videos aren't great, but they aren't terrible either. Just learn the craft and excel.
>>
>>2805579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcylVx2ex78
>>
>>2806224

This is awesome
>>
>>2802487

Who cares?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2pcPdYp43Q my timelapse shoot with nikon d3300, not perfect since my screen was not calibrated at all
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.