[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Public domain photos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: _stalin.jpg (135 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
_stalin.jpg
135 KB, 600x400
Guys, I don't know if any of you had to deal with copyright issues but I hope you will help me.

I've been writing an article on historical people and used their pictures/photos. The editorial guideline makes it obligatory to provide a source site for them so whenever I couldn't find it on a public online encyclopedia like Wiki I used random news site using this photo.

The latest picture dates back to 30s/20s and there's no way it's not publicly available. But the editor requires me too prove that some of the sites I listed are in public domain, or these photos are free to use otherwise.

How do I do that? It may sound silly but I just don't quite get it.

For example the source for this picture of Stalin from a Russian news site was questioned.
>>
The Russian Federation recognizes copyright for a duration of 50 years from the death of the author, or 50 years from the date of publication if the identity of the author is not known. That photo is from 1921, so if the identity of the author is known, he/she could conceivably have lived through to 1966; and in any case, there might be a matter of copyright attached to the scan itself.

Try to use things that you can prove to be in the public domain, like works of the US government.
>>
File: STXYf9IG3xg.jpg (72 KB, 481x604) Image search: [Google]
STXYf9IG3xg.jpg
72 KB, 481x604
>>2800884
Thanks a lot, anon.
>>
You research skills are frighteningly weak for someone who write.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Iosif_%26_Nadezhda.jpg
>This work is in the public domain in Russia according to article 1281 of Book IV of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation No. 230-FZ of December 18, 2006 and article 6 of Law No. 231-FZ of the Russian Federation of December 18, 2006 (the Implementation Act for Book IV of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation).
>>
File: iuqh_sGrFQI.jpg (163 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
iuqh_sGrFQI.jpg
163 KB, 810x1080
>>2800924
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>2800927
No problem. I'm sorry I called your skills weak, had too much 4chan to day I think.
>>
>>2800886
lol that fucking gaze
>she knows what's going on
>and she likes it
>>
>>2800948
It creeps me out too.
>>2800933
Never mind. I'm an amateur writer, so you got it right.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.