[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPhone SE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: touch_id_large.jpg (105 KB, 1046x568) Image search: [Google]
touch_id_large.jpg
105 KB, 1046x568
For the first time I'm thinking of actually getting a phone to replace my digital point and shoots.

Can anyone who uses an iPhone chime in.
>>
>>2798915
>Can anyone who uses an iPhone chime in.
>Hey guys I'm thinking of drinking water as a replacement for drinking diet coke. Can anyone who drinks water chime in?

Every comment you could possibly hope to read is completely obvious. It's smaller. It does more stuff. The image quality is more or less the same. you don't get a zoom lens. You can post to social media instantly. You can process the images more easily and more quickly. You will always have it with you. You might lose some ergonomics and controls.

What the fuck else do you want.
>>
>>2798917
>you don't get a zoom lens
Yes you do ya dingus
>>
>>2798923
Which iPhone offers a zoom lens?
>>
Other phone brands are available.

Why not get the Panasonic CM1?
>>
I use an old 4S, though now mostly replaced with a Ricoh GR. It takes ok pictures but low light is awful, also I wish it used a faster shutter when you use the flash, you get blur almost always. Literally like no depth of field but for what I shoot (street) it doesn't matter, it's almost a plus really.

Newer iPhones are 28mm equivalent I believe, the 4S is still 35mm. Also more megapickles and stuff, but even the 4S has been good enough for me really. I'm gonna update to the 7 when it comes out.
>>
>>2798926

Lens attachments
>>
>>2798961
That ain't a 4S holms. That's a 6c
>>
>>2798979
The thing is though, phones will suck at low light maybe until we get in 10 million ISO range that's useable. You can't beat physics.
>>
>>2798915
depends what kind of point-n-shoot you have. recent high end models like the rx100 series are still miles ahead of smartphones but any older budget model is about the same
>>
>>2798932
This is the right answer. It has an inch sensor similar to Sony point and shoot cameras. It is thick though.
>>
>>2798915
Nikon dl 18-50
>>
>>2799026
>Nikon dl 18-50

more expensive
>>
>>2798915
>getting a phone to replace my digital point and shoots.

You used to call on your camera?
>>
>>2798961

How are you finding the GR as your 4S replacement? I really hate having to carry anything else with me than strictly necessary.

I take (almost) all my pictures with a 4S, if your subject is well lit, you can easily print to A4 and look noise-free, so I consider it an amazing camera. But you're right that low-light pictures really suffer, especially if you edit them more than a bit (which I often do).
>>
>>2798961
I have the s7. Kills s4. But still just a fonecam.
>>
File: IMG_2794.jpg (245 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2794.jpg
245 KB, 1024x1024
>>2798915
For me it really depends on what you are shooting. For me:
+always have it with you
+small and light
+ok for well lit landscapes/street

-shitty low light photos
-shitty flash photos
-shitty lens for shooting humans
-shitty ergonomics, easy to get blurry pics when pressing shutter button unless using timer mode

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1024
Image Height1024
>>
>>2799598
It's been great so far. I've had the GR for about two weeks now, shot with it pretty much daily too. The 28mm needs a bit of getting used to still as I've mostly shot 35mm and 50mm for the past half year or so. But I do like the focal length. I haven't used my iPhone pretty much at all since I got it, though the GR is less stealthy when doing street I've noticed.

The lens is great, very sharp even wide open. And to me, ISO 6400 is still very usable on it. Also I use the little pop-up flash a LOT and it's very good. Mostly I just stick it to P mode and snap away. My gripes are hunting AF in low light & macro mode and the D U S T: I need to open mine and clean the sensor. A word of advice, don't try to blow the dust away with canned air if you get a tiny speck or two. You'll just blow more crap into the sensor. I do think the problem is a bit exaggerated; I haven't noticed the dust in a single picture, just on photos on a blank white wall at f11 and smaller. But it's certainly a real problem on the GR's.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.