[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: 437224-canon-1300d.jpg (62 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
437224-canon-1300d.jpg
62 KB, 640x360
http://camyx.com/news/2016/03/canon-1300d-dslr-announcement-food-mode/
>Special food mode
Canon is dead guys
>>
>>2792970
Just saw the official announcement, it's a real feature, it's on the selection wheel, and they're milddly proud of it
>>
What's wrong with it? Unless you're shooting sports, this is fine for most people who want better quality photos than from a smartphone can make.

>b-but the food mode
It's aimed at soccer moms as a cheap DSLR. You'll probably know better than to get this for work.
>>
File: Sensible Lok.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Sensible Lok.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>2792970
It was mainly developed for the US demographic I presume.
>mfw most of the photos will be steak with tater, but on special food mode
>>
>>2792991

You're a retard. Asians take way more food photos than Americans.
>>
>>2792997
At least asian food is good and versatile.
Have you seen the generic american food? Mac and cheese, meat with taters, chicken and fries. And burgers. Not much to look at.
>>
>>2793007
>>
>>2792997
then why is it on an american camera
>>
>>2792970
CAMERA MAKE: Canon
CAMERA MODEL: EOS 1300D
EXPOSURE PROGRAM: Food
>>
>>2793007
> asian food is good and versatile
man as much as I dislike america, asian food (chinese mostly) is horrible. indian, japs, even russian potatoes are fine, but chinese food stinks. But I'm with you on usa food is boring, at least it tastes good
>>
>>2793018
>asian food is limited to chinese, indian, and japs

lol what the fuck

american good is great, and by that everywhere has a place that does breakfast, burgers, and southern bbq right
>>
>>2793022
no but they are the largest factors of "asian" food.

american food is tasty yes, but taking photos of the majority of it is pointless.

and most arent even "american" lol damn english immigrants :^)
>>
>>2793023
by availability? yes

as a large factor of influence? hell no
if youre surrounded by chinese take out then i suggest trying lunch dim sum or taiwanese food

taking picture of food, from a consumer standpoint, is pointless in general - yet here we are
>>
after the 5Ds they finally got it buried with 1300D

God, at least you canon guys can use your lens in SONY.
>>
>>2793029
>taking picture of food, from a consumer standpoint, is pointless in general - yet here we are
Because Canon went all the way and made a camera with special food mode. The mass of sheeple will gobble this shit all up no doubt.
>>
>>2793035
my 5dm2 works fine :(

>>2793029
tbqfh m8 the other anon is right for the most part. also, taiwanese and dim sum are both chinese-style food, both originating from china.
>>
>>2793047
>the other anon is right for the most part.
that post was agreeing with him

>taiwanese and dim sum are both chinese-style food, both originating from china.
no shit sherlock
>>
>>2793052
>that post was agreeing with him
>as a large factor of influence? hell no
>taiwanese and dim sum are both chinese-style food, both originating from china.
>no shit sherlock
>that post was agreeing with him

can you comprehend english statements?
>>
>>2793047

5D mk2 and mk3 are excellent cameras! I don't know why Canon gave up to renew them, for now, I think.
>>
>>2793054
oh you think chinese food is so influential other asian country follow suit? thats rich

>if you dont like <x food>, try <x variants>
how did you not comprehend that?

>tbqfh m8
fine english there fuckface :^)
>>
>>2793058
>I don't know why Canon gave up to renew them
They renewed them with the 5DS.

It's just you who gave up on Canon.
>>
>>2793060
>if you dont like <x food>, try <x variants>
lmao that has nothing to do with this discussion.
> fine english
ta, I'm quite used to using abbreviations :)
>>
>>2793068

> if youre surrounded by chinese take out then i suggest trying lunch dim sum or taiwanese food
> if you dont like <x food>, try <x variants>

My entire point. Why do you have to point out similarities when its painfully obvious. Hence
>No shit sherlock

stop being a fuucking sherlock
>>
>>2793072
what is the point of
>if youre surrounded by chinese take out then i suggest trying lunch dim sum or taiwanese food
in a discussion about infulence and spread of asian food. I don't eat chinese food nor do I plan to. You or other anon suggesting I try other Chinese food instead of Chinese food is pointless to both me and this discussion.
>>
>>2793018
I don't know about that, every civilised countries have brilliant cuisine one way or another.

I saw that masterchef australia season where they went to Hongkong.
Some of the dumplings they made over there was small pieces of art.
>>
>>2793076
>>2793072
>>2793068
>>2793054
stop. I know what tripfag is saying but both of you please, just stop. anon you're just being a nice person but a retarded nice person
>>
>>2793076
because >>2793018 believe chinese foods stinks. but you cant generalize chinese food due to numerous regions and cuisine so you present more palatable cuisines.

why cant two anon have a direct convo and not have some tripfag who cant fucking read every post and cant differentiate between two clauses hes was never apart of in the first place.
>>
>>2793079
well that looks nice
MCaussie and nz is always a good watch

>>2793081
fuk u maine
okay I'll stop
>>
>>2793076
>in a discussion about infulence and spread of asian food
It's a discussion of dedicated mode for food photography on the new Canon camera.
Why do you feel the need to shit up every thread you waddle into? You are so entitled, it overexposes your ego by 7 stops.
>>
>>2793084
>>2793083
stop
>>
>>2793083
my arguments are valid btw
> no one else can comment on a discussion
man, no wonder, welcome to 4chan

>>2793085
discussions are sub-thread. This was on influence and spread of cultural food not photography of it. Off-topic but still, valid.

stop getting angry

>>2793088
okay im done for sure
>>
>>2793095
thank you, fucking hell
>>
>>2793098
fuck off omi
>>
>>2793064

not at all, I'm Nikon, and Nikon x Canon was a nice battle. We're gathering always some new cool shit since D2 and 1D. But, somehow, now Sony is the competitor to Nikon! Nikon is running against mirrorless!

Many photogs are going Nikon over Canon, and even changing their gear... Man, I miss Canon

btw: 5Ds was a noise and banding failure...
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>2793014
>CAMERA MAKE: Canon
>CAMERA MODEL: EOS 1300D
>EXPOSURE PROGRAM: Food
i'm dying
>>
>>2793095
your argument was pretty shit tbqfh m8
three people thinking youre a retard helps though :^)
>>
>>2793156
but why are you angry?
>>
>>2793177
>>2793156
just fucking stop - and omi stop ghost posting, now youre the retard
>>
File: Capture.jpg (45 KB, 396x710) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
45 KB, 396x710
>>2793137
from which of your 7 asses did you pull out the notion that I was anon

>>2793179
I maybe a troll and a shitposter but I am not ghosting

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographeromi
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2793180
y do you care so much stop being angry
>>
>>2793184
from which of your 7 asses did you pull out the notion that I was angry?
>>
>>2793186
Why are you so angry? You are overreacting by 7 stops.
>>
File: 1457870589840.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1457870589840.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
>no gps
>it can identify food though
>>
>>2793367
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>2794115
0/10
>>
>>2792970
i think i'm gonna get a 55-250 stm for my eos m.
>>
>>2794115
>didn't even mod it into a /p/ related pasta.
>>
Who cares? Using any mode south of Program mode is for scubs anyway.
>>
>>2794411
>p
hahaha
>>
>>2794415
You go ahead and keep on missing decisive moments senpai, I'll just take photos
>>
>>2794411
>A Curly W
Who are you?
>>
>>2794420
a /p/ user. i like the irony here btw
>>
>>2794420
Just another self absorbed tripfag. A newfag by the looks of it.
>>
>>2794471
>>2794420
Welcome to /p/
He's older than I am on here
>>
>>2794562
Which isn't much. Your move dipshit.
>>
File: image.gif (786 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
786 KB, 250x231
>>2794579
Relax, calm your farm, listen to the teachings of Buddha, smoke weed, listen to Bob Dylan and Damon Albarn. You see, stress will only hurt you, it will stop you from making sense. If you're hurt, just say so. No need release all that compressed anger like this. Who cares if you're adopted, you parents still love you. Just love, you'll see that the world is a better place than you imagined. Who cares if you're a virgin. Just love, you'll see that the world is a better place than you imagined. Don't be innocent or intelligent, be both, know yourself, know who you are, and thus you will be. You will be. You will be the omnipotent being, that knows. You will be the one who sees. Stress is unnatural, it is forced onto. You must acknowledge and know that nothing in this world matters. You will die alone, nothing will come with you to the gates of heaven. Nothing is worth degrading you health. Just know, there are people who love you. I love you. I am, I know, I will always be. I have opened a gateway to the next dimension, I will guide you to the truth, that nothing is, only you are. There is nothing that must be, but you, anon, nothing but you. Eyes can't see what is, but I can. You don't need sight, to have a vision. Don't about think what before happened. Think like a towel, it is only wet when it is needed to be so. Just like a towel, you will die when it is your time. To die, one must live. You are not yet living, you are just not dying. Don't be afraid of death, for death is a part of life, not the opposite of it. For we all just a part of one being, called the universe. We are the building blocks. We can not fight, we must work together. That is why I am here, anon. I am here to show you that you are. You will be. You will be.
>>
File: camron_comicvine.gif (275 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
camron_comicvine.gif
275 KB, 320x240
>>2794579
>>
>>2794604
>To die, one must live
I'm going to be immortal then considering how much of a life I don't have
>>
>>2794604
You will be... you will be...
>>
>>2792970
Yeah, it's not a bad camera but there really isn't any reason I would choose this over an a6300 or a Nikon
>>
>>2795237
>there isn't any reason
then you're not a photographer. You're either an idiot or an employee of a competing company.

1. not paying thousands more for a set of new nikon lenses for one thing (that have focus-breathing issues so the 70-200mm sony lens is actually only 135mm-ish max at portrait distances)

2. more used lenses and accessories available on craigslist/ebay/local stores/garage sales because it's the market leader so finding deals is easier

3. more 3rd party hardware and software support for being industry leader

4. the most repair centers because it's the biggest DSLR company. Nikon is also good with repairs but sony is a fucking joke that has to hire 3rd party people who don't know shit about cameras and will screw you over.

5. far better battery life than a sony mirrorless camera

6. true viewfinder instead of tiny electronic viewfinder on sony a6300

7. ability to use the best glass, which a sony with adapter cannot do. Sony a6300 with adapter still can't focus quickly/effectively with common canon lenses. A good sony body with shitty sony lenses that're missing important focal lengths and features is worse than a modern canon with canon glass.

8. better build quality, ruggedness and weather-sealing than a sony.

You'd find dozen more reasons why canon or nikon blow sonyfags away if you spent 10 minutes of actual research. But sony won't pay you for that.
>>
>>2795452
>focus-breathing issues so the 70-200mm sony lens is actually only 135mm-ish max at portrait distances

>believing Tony Northrop.

It's the Canon that has the focus breathing, making it longer at close focus.
If it really changed from 200 to 135 when focusing you would freaking notice.
>>
>>2795457
bruh, don't you know that f/1.7 crop lets in LESS LIGHT than f/1.7 on ff?
>>
>>2795457
Homie, that's a well documented problem with Nikon lenses.
>>
>>2795469
You can probably trigger Tony by saying this sentence.

>"Check using your camera's light meter"

That would blow his argument out fo the water unless he woulb be willing to go full /p/tard and claim that light meters are rigged and that they automatically jack up the iso to compensate despite the images on both bodies having similar grain. It's also because of the comparison of a camera sensor and a bucket of water, rather than the sensor being compared to an array of cups that while varying in size will all intake the same amount of water. The only way the bucket comparison would work is if the sensor only had a one pixel resolution.
>>
>>2793018
Where do you eat your "chinese food"? Panda fucken express? Or rip offs from China town?
Ive been to some china towns and their food are horrible. You have to know how to find places with great chef that really knows how to cook. Or else, they are all fried or spiced to the nth dimension.
>>
>>2795570
> where did you eat your Chinese food
in China
>>
>>2795471
He also claims the Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 becomes "less than 200mm when you focus close"
I have that lens and it's utter bullshit: its field of view hardly changes when I focus.
>>
>>2795753
The background expands as it is blurred out
>>
>>2795570
my chinese parents love panda express, you think every dish in China is prepared by a top chef? Lol nigga, lol
>>
>>2795776
>Im so sorry that your parents have no taste
I was taught to cook well
>>
File: IMG_20160317_105032.jpg (725 KB, 1433x1075) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160317_105032.jpg
725 KB, 1433x1075
>>2792970
Can there be Doge Mode?

Camera SoftwareGoogle
>>
>>2795791
taste is subjective
my point is that you're an autistic sperglord shitting on food for not being authentic enough without actually knowing what the authentic food tastes like. A turd would taste good if made by a pro chef, but that's not the fucking point, is it you gimp?
>>
>>2795799
Putting spicy sauces on every food is not subjective, its shit that they do to cover the badly frozen meat or whatever they are cooking
>>
>>2792970
>Canon is dead guys
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/canons-250-megapixel-sensor-is-exciting-and-here-s-why
>>
>>2795806
>250 MP
>APS-C

Sounds about as meaningful as a 41 megapixel phone sensor, tbqu fampai
>>
>>2795806
>completely useless feature is exciting
>trusted reviews
>canon
>>
>>2795772
I've tested it as f/22 to minimize blur.

It's a tiny bit wider at close focus, maybe 10% but not 50% like Tony claims.
>>
>>2795806
>Canon
>nothing but 500 nm fabs and a 180 nm fab
It's cute Canon tries this hard to to impress the investors, customers, and ignorant mass with their outdated technologies.
>>
>>2796285
Canon still make their own chip machines.
That deserves some credit.

Everybody else uses ASML.
>>
>>2796392
Everybody else has a better sensor.
>>
>>2796482
>Sony has a better sensor.
TFTFY
>>
>>2793079
>every civilised countries have brilliant cuisine

You've never been to Britain, have you?
>>
>>2796547
it's RAW you donkey.
>>
>>2796587
Looks like a JPEG to me.
>>
File: 1.jpg (596 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
596 KB, 849x565
>>2796587
That's actually cooked. Those things a steamed at high temperature, so it gets cooked very evenly.

When it's raw, you can usually see opaque white flour.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 40D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2008:01:24 19:00:15
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/9.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length40.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3600
Image Height2400
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>imagine being so fat
>you look at camera modes and you see food
>>
>>2792970
i'm confused, how is it supposed to recognise food? Does it just have face detection with certain dishes or something?
>>
>>2799895
What? Are you suggesting that you believe that the benefit of food mode is that it helps you focus on the food the way that face detection helps you focus on a face
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.