[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I took a photo in japan and its probably one of the best I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: _DSC6933.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
_DSC6933.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1280
I took a photo in japan and its probably one of the best I've taken!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)24 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Created2016:02:04 17:38:04
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness6.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length16.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Hopefully it gives you the motivation to go out shoot your often and improve your skill.
>>
>>2791405
Something is bad with your lens or post-processing... where did all the colors go?

An A6000 can record a lot of nuanced colors (even for snow and bark and stuf) - this photo has very little of them.
>>
>>2791440
Looks like a graduated filter in Lightroom to me.
>>
File: _DSC6933.jpg (537 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
_DSC6933.jpg
537 KB, 1000x667
>>2791440
>>2791646
How bout' now?

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)24 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:03:16 18:54:17
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness6.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length16.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>Exposure Time 1/100 sec
>F-Number f/5.6
kek
>>
>>2791405
Ok, where is it?
>>
>>2795040
Hakuba
>>
>>2795020
?
>>
>>2795020
Yeah, not seeing the humor here. Whats funny about those settings?
>>
>>2791405
Congratulations! You took a mediocre photo nobody cares about. Keep shooting faggot
>>
>>2795020
It would of been even funnier if the iso was 400... fucking idiot.
>>
>>2791405
im waitng fot this photo!!!
>>
>>2795674
I meant it as where the good photo is.
>>
>>2795020
Also, this anon confirmed as retarded.
>>
File: 1446748253993.jpg (8 KB, 480x202) Image search: [Google]
1446748253993.jpg
8 KB, 480x202
LMAO
>>
>>2795020
wat
>>
>>2798508
it's too late, the joke is ruined
>>
>>2794737
Don't make the photo warmer, it's a winter shot
>>
>>2791405
Decent photo, keep shooting, use the snapshit thread
>>
>>2795020
Go be autistic somewhere else.
>>
>>2799323
are you actually fucked
you can get nice warm sunlight in winter as well you know
>>
>>2801610
Whether you can or can't isn't the issue. The point is that you shouldn't, because the feeling of warmth, and the feeling of being out in the snow, are contradictory, and weaken the shot.
>>
File: 10356209.jpg (19 KB, 475x365) Image search: [Google]
10356209.jpg
19 KB, 475x365
>>2795020
good one anon
>>
>>2801611
I agree.
>>
>>2801611
you are actually fucked
>>
>>2801611
Have you tried wearing clothes when you go out, man?
Winter doesn't have to always mean death from hypothermia. Don't do this to yourself for yet another year. Please.
>>
>>2801630
it doesn't make you FEEL warm, it makes the scene look warm. We're programmed to think that things that are red, and orange, and yellow, are warm things. You see it in movies all the time. When someone is in a hot environment, the lighting is warm. It's a story-telling technique since the audience can't feel the room, they have to convey the feeling visually. Warm colors are for warm things.

for instance the steel mill from Judgement Day. When the T1000 is being frozen solid, we can't feel how cold it is, but they need to show us HOW cold it has to be to freeze and shatter a futuristic robot, so they tone it blue. We know the scene is cold. When we're supposed to feel how hot and oppressive it is, the scene is orange. We're gearing up to watch Arney melt, so we need to feel the heat involved.

It's not a matter of what's possible, or what's real, it's a matter of how your viewer reads a scene, and warm toned scenes are read as being warm and comfortable. However, snow in the wilderness is generally not warm and comfortable. The clothing you can wear out in the snow can be warm and comfortable, but it isn't a photo of those clothes, it's a photo of an obviously cold scene.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image Width388
Image Height245
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Created2016:03:26 14:21:02
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width388
Image Height490
>>
>>2801658
I know what you meant but you're still fucking wrong.
You can have warm light on a snowy day and if you left the house once in a while you might have known that.
Demanding that any photo with snow in it is shifted to cold blues is stupid and pointless. Just like my continued arguing with you.
>>
>>2801676
>It's not a matter of what's possible, or what's real, it's a matter of how your viewer reads a scene, and warm toned scenes are read as being warm and comfortable. However, snow in the wilderness is generally not warm and comfortable. The clothing you can wear out in the snow can be warm and comfortable, but it isn't a photo of those clothes, it's a photo of an obviously cold scene.
You should definitely get more mad about it though. It's really helping your approach of "say the same thing again and maybe it'll be more true this time"
>>
>>2801676
Your viewer subconsciously attributes yellow and orange as warmth on the scene. You can do it all you want, but he's right, it weakens the communication of the photo with contradiction. It's not a big deal, but it's something to be aware of when trying to communicate visually.
>>
>>2801681
then if i wanted to communicate the warm glow of the sun on a cold winters morning, how would i go about doing that?
>>
>>2801980
Tone the brightest areas in the shot that are directly hit by the sun warmer, and leave the mids and shadows much more blue toned.

If you want to show the warmth of the sun, you need to frame and compose your shot so that that warmth is important and prominent in the scene. It's very difficult to show the warmth of a nuclear ball of fire by taking a photo of a bunch of ice
>>
>>2801983
my bad. from now on when i want to convey warmth i will only take photos of the sun from now on. anything else would be a pathetic compromise.
>>
>>2801999
When people complain that /p/ doesn't give critique, and the response is "I used to, but /p/ doesn't want to learn, they just want to be told they're good" it's people like you causing that. Literally they are just trying to help you. If you want to discuss it, go ahead, but don't be a sarcastic bitch and feel like you're "sticking it to the man" or whatever.
>>
>>2801999
Go figure, the guy who sucks at visual communication also sucks at written communication. Nobody would have guessed.
>>
>>2802014
you have the right to give critique just as much as im allowed to say it's wrong.

>>2802015
im sure you will have a prosperous future in visual commuinication
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.