[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got some film scans back (I don't have my own film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 0779892-R1-036-16A.jpg (1 MB, 1818x1228) Image search: [Google]
0779892-R1-036-16A.jpg
1 MB, 1818x1228
I just got some film scans back (I don't have my own film scanner at the moment, so I have a local place scan them), and there's this line on the bottom left half of all of them, as you can see in this photo. Can anybody tell me what it is and why it's there? It can't be something on my lens or a problem with my camera, can it?
>>
Also, I don't see it on the negatives, so either it's too small to see on them or it's a scanning issue.
>>
Is that not just the bottom of the negative...? Just crop it off.
>>
>>2790101

I don't think so because I can see a bit of the photo under it. I am cropping it, but I'm just curious about what caused it.
>>
>>2790107
Get in touch with the company that scanned it.
>>
>>2790110

That's what I was planning to do, but I wanted to get your guys' opinion first to make sure that it's a problem on their end and not a problem with my camera.
>>
>>2790037
this might be a bit difficult to explain.
When you insert a negative/slide on the frame holder of the scanner, the holder has somewhat of a thick edge. While scanning this edge reflects some of the image (because it is usually smooth/gloss and not matte). Something like a mirror image. So, this might actually be the edge of your film with some of what I described.
Just crop it out.
>>
>>2790037
Probably just the film holder getting into frame during their scans
Another possibility is that your roll is scratched, which can happen by people developing poorly or by some cameras, it's like below the frame tho so I doubt it's a scratch.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.