[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought a 50MM lens nikon 1.8 I use a nikon D3300 because i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 7.jpg (89 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
89 KB, 600x600
I bought a 50MM lens nikon 1.8
I use a nikon D3300 because i'm a noob.

now , i put on the lens on my camera body
Manuel mode
but i set the apparture on 1.8 it says
LOCK LENS APERTURE RING AT MINIMUM APERTURE ( largest f-/number )

and i can't take pics ?

If i put it on 22 , it will work ...

how ? what ? help ?

did i just rip myself off
>>
>>2789736
aperture is controlled through the body
only focus will be manual on the lens
>>
>>2789737
This.
There's even a little locking switch to help you keep the lens set to f/22
This seems like something that could have been fixed by reading the manual. Or you could have at least posted it in the designated gear thread. Just a heads up for next time.
>>
>>2789736
i hate when cameras / lenses do that

if you're shooting manual it's easier to just twist the aperture ring just as you would twist the focusing ring

fucking nikon
>>
Lol i went through the same thing with my 105mm lens. Just set the aperture to 22 and control it with the dial on the camera.
>>
>>2789736
manuel mode?
>>
Why did you buy the 50mm 1.8 d for the D3300?

You should have bought the 35mm 1.8g DX instead or the 50mm 1.8g.

Also only prosumer and better bodies can use the apperture ring to control the apperture.
>>
You have to put it in Paco mode.
>>
>>2789757
You can chose between using the dials or the aperture ring, on Nikon.
Retard.
>>
>>2789736
In the picture you posted, see where it has the lens name? Look at the part that says 1:1.8D, then look immediately under the D. See that switch? You put the lens in f/22, then you slide that switch to the back of the lens (where it connects to the camera). What this does is "locks" your aperture in the smallest area so the camera body can keep track of what aperture it's at and change the aperture. If you want to use it in manual aperture via the ring, just slide that locking switch up toward the objective lens.
>>
>>2790143
Not on entry level bodies. Retard.
>>
File: Poleling makes staring duel.jpg (18 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Poleling makes staring duel.jpg
18 KB, 400x500
>>2790155
Never touched one, not even with a 10 feet pole. Sorry pleb.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2790155
Yeah you can, retard.

Camera has to be on M mode, and the menu has to be set to allow the rear dial to control the shutter speed by default, and allow the camera to fire without a lens attached.

There will be no metering, no indication of what aperture it's on, and obviously no AF, but the D3300 can be made to use lenses all the way back to Pre-AI.

The only exception to that is D lenses, which can meter and use MASP modes when set to f/22, but again, won't AF.

>Owned D3300 and several D and AI lenses, and used the camera this way.
>>
>>2790143
believe me when i tell you that i know my camera better than you, another anonymous poster that knows absolutely nothing but the brand

>>2790233
literally not an option, been through the menu several times and again just now

can you not be a presumptuous twat for a single post or is this how you get your rush for the day
>>
>>2790289
>another clueless poorfag who thought fiddling with crap cameras was a nice idea because lolpoorfag
I've answered you here already, retard: >>2790158

I've never fiddled with any untermensch gimped down camera like the d3x00 or the d5x00 series as it takes 3 sec on google to understand that's a retarded choice even for a poorfag like you.

t. owner of the 180 2.8 afd (god bless it), 80-200 2.8 afd, 300 f4 af and a bunch of ais lenses brought up from FE and F100
>>
>>2790307
*Addendum: if only you would have a half decent Nikon all you had to do to choose between ring and sub-command deal would be going to Aperture settings => Sub Command deal or Aperture ring

Sell your camera and kill yourself.
>these are the people who gives "critique" and gear related "advices" on upside down /b/
>>
>>2790307
>>2790312
oh my god you made two whole posts because you were wrong
>>
>>2790316
How come if I was right?
>>
>>2790122
Cleans your gardens
>>
>>2789736
At least Pentax had the dignity to have an A setting for Auto aperture control on lenses with aperture rings. And putting screwdrive on entry level bodies.
>>
>>2790289
If it's not a menu option, it's probably already set from the factory. Try putting an AI or D lens on it while in M mode. It should let you adjust the shutter speed with the dial.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.