[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i wanna use a speedlite with my nikon p900, however, as some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Z-nikon_p900-siderightExtend.jpg (97 KB, 1024x594) Image search: [Google]
Z-nikon_p900-siderightExtend.jpg
97 KB, 1024x594
so i wanna use a speedlite with my nikon p900, however, as some might know, it doesnt have a hotshoe, doesnt have commander mode, and only has a usb/hdmi port.
whats the best way to trigger any external speedlites?
>>
>>2788883
I don't think it's commonplace, but what if you got a button and stuck it on top of the shutter button and used that to trigger the speedlight? All it needs from the hotshoe is to have its circuit closed, yeah?

Since you're going down this gear-laden path you may just want to get a DSLR or mirrorless camera with a hotshoe instead of a bridge cam.
>>
>he fell for the bridge meme
>>2788888
also nice get
>>
>>2788883
If it has its own pop up flash, you can use it to trigger an optical slave flash like a Yongnuo, and you can put a flash card (or something) in front of the on-board flash to keep it from hitting your subject directly.
>>
>>2788894
awesome that worked, i thought i needed to have the camera in a commander mode, but i guess thats just for the nikon SB series
>>
>>2788900
Yeah, commander usually sends out either an RF trigger, or fires the flash on-camera a little before the shutter fires so that it can trigger the flashes without affecting the scene, but with an optical slave on your flashes, and something blocking the on-board flash, it works more or less the same way, just more ghetto. Glad you got it working.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.