[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've seen a trend on twitter and Instagram #Yotography #Yotographer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Confused-Photographer.jpg (69 KB, 361x332) Image search: [Google]
Confused-Photographer.jpg
69 KB, 361x332
I've seen a trend on twitter and Instagram
#Yotography #Yotographer
Can someone please tell me wtf that is?
Some lady says it's Photography + Yoga, but that's clearly not what everyone else is using the hashtag for. Help?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K200D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.4.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)46 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2008:09:26 15:04:16
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length30.63 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2810
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>2786867
Shameless bump. Anyone?
>>
File: BwjTUTEIUAA2YSV.jpg (98 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BwjTUTEIUAA2YSV.jpg
98 KB, 600x800
don't know, don't know if I give a shit to look any further. found yoga (self evident), hockey (yo bro maybe?) and this.
how unstable can that bitch be if it takes 3 people to hold an 18 foot ladder?
>>
>>2786867
I search for the hashtag and it looks like a very small community of people using it, usually as YOtoGrApher, and it's lifestyle stuff from people who clearly value yoga. *shrug* Not sure why it would be such a big deal for you.

Rika calm down.
>>
>>2787195
>>2787185
Thanks. Yeah I kinda ran into the same stuff but they had it as one of the "trending" tags. Made me think there might be something more there, like a new type of photography or new camera or something less retarded than yoga photography or some shit.

>>2787185
Maybe the three people holding the latter are the unstable retards? just a thought.
>>
>>2786867
>>2786867
The only thing I can think of for Instagram is that it's a purposeful misspelling of photography.

The hashtag #photography is an unsearchable term on Instagram for some reason. So maybe by spelling it a misspelled way, you are now able to search it that way? It's fucking dumb that you can't hashtag photography on a social media platform that's based around photos
>>
>>2787297
What would be the point of tagging something as "photography" when every picture counts as photography anyways? (except for videos and spam)
>>
>>2787304
because in my mind I wouldn't consider a snapshit with an iPhone photography. A lot of other hashtags get overused, just like instagood, nofilter, etc. A photograph, to me, is different than a pictures
>>
>>2787297
I actually didn't know that. It does seem stupid that you can't hashtag photography on a social media platform based around photos.
But I guess like this anon said >>2787309
there is a difference between a photograph and just random pictures, maybe they didn't want that hashtag to be overused by everyone?
I don't know. I guess Yotography could be a way to get around the #photography ban. Still, it would be nice to know what it actually means. At first I thought it was some new hashtag for selfies, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
>>2787309
well but the average iPhone snapshit shooter would still use #photography in 80%+ of their pictures
>>
>>2787326
I don't think so. Nobody even knows that #photography is a banned term, and you don't really see it used that often.

Some of the top hashtags on instagram are pure garbage, like4like, follow4follow, followforfollow.

Just saying, photography isn't that popular
>>
>>2787309
>in my mind
And yet in the minds of the literally millions of people posting their photos taken with their iPhones...
>>
>>2787348
But the tending hashtags are the ones that matter more, and you never see any of those on there. But somehow Yotography made it, whatever the fuck it means.

>>2787352
That's true, I mean there's books and tutorials about Iphone or smartphone photography.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.