[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help on Pentax k1000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 3641742012_122670f501.jpg (91 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
3641742012_122670f501.jpg
91 KB, 500x414
hey guys I need some help with a pentax k1000 I found laying around. So here's the problem, I am shooting with ASA 800 and set my speed dial to… well 800, then when setting my shutter speed to 60 or 125 when I hit the shutter release it seems like the mirror flips up and the viewfinder goes black but stays black for much longer than 1/60 of a second then I click the shutter once again it seems like the shutter release. So it seems like this won't ruin the photo if it really is just the mirror flipping up then the shutter releasing. But is it possibly a thing that happens often? and would any of you know exactly what is happening. (When you go to 1/1000 shutter speed there is no problem the shutter and mirror all do what they should.
>>
mirror might be sticking to the foam buffer up near the pentaprism... but im sure someone will actually know
might also be that your battery is dead and it's only shooting at mechanical speed, which iirc is 1/125th, so it's probably not that
>>
>>2786827
My Pentax-P30 does this exact thing when it's very cold. It completes the whole shutter cycle apart from flipping the mirror down.

It could be the mirror sticking to the foam as eggy said, or it could be the second curtain not completing it's cycle. When the second curtain complete its cycle, it trips the mirror return lever. It's a fairly common problem with many Pentax cameras since they all share the same shutter assembly.
>>
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-fix-a-ceased-mirror-on-a-Pentax-ES-Spotmati/

check this out. I know it's not your camera but the procedure should be very similar
>>
>>2786848
All speeds on the K-1000 are mechanical. It's likely sticking to the foam or a mechanical failure. >>2786827 OP should have it serviced, especially because the speeds are probably not accurate anymore.
>>
>>2786848

K1000 is fully mechanical. The battery only operates the light meter. It's probably a mechanical issue. OP could try replacing the foam and seeing if that helps, but it might need to be looked at by somebody who knows what they'e doing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.