[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been on assignment >few photogs and video faggots >lots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 21
>been on assignment
>few photogs and video faggots
>lots of cameras (pana, sony, fuji, bm)
>only one dslr (D4)

DSLR DEAD
it's confirmed, just give up already

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:04:13 10:24:28
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width752
Image Height600
>>
This is why i invested all my money on Sony.

They deliver with oodles of quality.
>>
File: Bokehlicious.gif (937 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Bokehlicious.gif
937 KB, 300x169
>>
reminder that sony spillover shills from /v/ are killing /p/
>>
>>2785264
false
>at some shitty expo in Poland last week
Nikon and Canon everywhere, I saw maybe one a7
>>
>>2785325
>Poland
>>
>>2785325
OP here, top kek because I'm from Poland too. Also, 99% of people attedning such expos are old gen gearfags, they are blinded for life by muh L glass.
>>
>>2785264
>been on assignment
>few photogs and video faggots
>lots of photographers from papers that stopped caring about good pictures
>thankfully there was at least one photographer from a paper that still does
ftfy
>>
File: qc2M2Ie.png (329 KB, 384x800) Image search: [Google]
qc2M2Ie.png
329 KB, 384x800
>been on assignment
>did my job
>came back
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 183x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 183x251
>>2785264
> photography trip
> lots of people with cameras
> 5/10 using film slr 4/10 dslr 1/10 using pleb mirrorless.
> his battery died 2 hours in to the trip
> mfw poor fella took photos of mountains with a phone
> mfw still composing Ansel Adams tier pics pn my DSLR with full battery
> mfw soothing sound of mirror and shutter opening and closing
> mfw 35mm frame
> mfw you switch to DSLR tonight

CommentScreenshot
Image Width183
Image Height251
>>
>>2785383
>mfw get about 1200 shots over the course of like 5 days or more with my DSLR
delicious battery
>>
>>2785296
Still not close to the Angry Photographer fans.
>>
File: 1398068115132.jpg (42 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
1398068115132.jpg
42 KB, 300x303
>>2785383
>>2785387
>mfw getting paid for pictures
>mfw being able to afford additional batteries for my mirrorless

Image Width300
Image Height303
>>
File: 1456430810184.jpg (57 KB, 593x599) Image search: [Google]
1456430810184.jpg
57 KB, 593x599
>>2785391
>this damage control
>>
>>2785383
mirrorless crew rule #1 is carry extra batteries. Bonus: they're cheap, small and light
>>
>>2785393
They're cheap because they don't last long
It's just a waste of money, resources and electricity.
>>
>Being too much of a pussy faggot for even a 2.5kg body/lens combo
>>
File: 11931701543_d251e325ed_b.jpg (268 KB, 1024x630) Image search: [Google]
11931701543_d251e325ed_b.jpg
268 KB, 1024x630
>>2785264
I agree, a lot of journalists are waiting with baited breath to downsize their gear. Once the lens selection for mirrorless cameras improves I think a lot of people will happily make the switch. AF is getting there and the biggest problem right now is that lenses are still fuckhuge.

Any self respecting fashion / catalogue photog uses a Phase 1, however some celebrity photogs like leibovitz will pose with a canikon for moneys.

The only people I can see hanging onto the DSLR is wedding photogs who need a bulky camera so the bride & grume think their photos will be better than Uncle Joey's, who has a pretty nice camera and sells his pictures at a coffee shop.

>>
>>2785406
Is that picture an example of missing focus?
>>
>>2785406
The biggest problem is battery life. Lens size is dictated by sensor size and willingness to design pancake designs.
>>
>>2785412
>The biggest problem is battery life
I honestly never understood this argument. I mean, how hard is it to swap a fucking battery? It's not like it will die without a warning either.
>>
>>2785418
In the middle of the forest/desert/rain?
You compromise sealing for the time you are switching batteries which is more than enough to brick your camera.
Not everything is street, sunshine and good weather you know.
Which brings up the next issue, unreliable AF in less than ideal light.
>>
>>2785418
Problem is, once you've exhausted 4 batteries in a day of shooting, you have to charge them that night. I know that doesn't sound inconvenient, but when you have to babysit a charger for an evening when you could be out, it's a hindrance. Also, some cameras like the X100 I had would go from 2 bars to OH SHIT RED BATTERY OUTLINE in about 90 seconds.
>>
>>2785418
Because some people actually take pictures with their cameras, instead of the 10 a day snapshits you do. Because when I can get 2000+ shots from two batteries, I'm going to take that instead of maybe 1200 shots from 4 batteries that I have to keep track of, swap, and be mildly frustrated when the EVF sucks all the energy anyways.
>>
File: 1445539518431.gif (466 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1445539518431.gif
466 KB, 500x334
What pentacks shills don't realize is that with all the space i save from using smaller lighter mirror less bodies i can pack a lot more gear AND utilize lighter and smaller gear.
Lenses are smaller, which therefore accounts for less weight. With the weight savings i can use an even lighter tripod so i don't have to lug around a 10 pound beast of a tripod.
Smaller gear, smaller bag, and more space to carry every day necessities. I'm a world trotter and with all the miles i traverse space is crucial. Mirrorless systems have not only
saved me money by hauling less luggage onto a plane but i've also have had more space to carry items like condoms and a tub of lube i can use to fuck all sexy foreign women
I meet around the world. You look dorky carrying around a FF camera, ain't no women want that. Feels good to go mirroless. Why would anyone want their camera to cuck them?
>>
>>2785420
What the fuck are you talking about? How many of us will work in rain with no way to cover the camera? I'd never consider anything less rugged than D1X or D4 (inb4 pentacks).

>>2785421
>>2785424
Hey, it depends what is your style of shooting. I feel like is going to turn into "mirrorless shill vs everyone". Just today, I shot an event and took about 500 pics. I won't tell what camera I've used (because it ruins threads here) but I have still 40% of juice left. All I do is turning off the WiFi and the camera itself when there's not much to shoot. I don't pray and spray and take 5000 pics in an hour. I'm just trying to show you, that for some of us certain mirrorless cameras are completely usable in "commercial" conditions
>>
>>2785441
I have an A6000 too.
>>
>>2785441
>that for some of us certain mirrorless cameras are completely usable in "commercial" conditions
Sure they are. Anything is usable in commercial conditions because everything is well controlled. The reason we have mirrorless vs SLR threads is because 1) 4chan and 2) mirrorless can't touch SLRs when it comes to the tough stuff: AF, batteries, robustness. All-weather, all-terrain, all the time.
>>
>>2785441
Correction, that was about 300 shots, some were RAW+JPEG and I looked at a file count.
>>2785444
Not a6000. Low light performance is as good as I'd like it to be.
>>
>>2785450
isn't, lol
>>2785447
It's more like DSLR users vs mless users trying to prove each other which camera is the best. Even the best DSLR on the market won't be the best camera for someone willingly shooting mirrorless, and the best mirrorless will be comlete shit for DSLR user (at least according to /p/)
>>
Just stay mad DSLRidiots, Sony is in town.
>>
>>2785264
>>been on assignment
School assignment he means.
>>
>>2785424
>I'm going to take that instead of maybe 1200 shots from 4 batteries that I have to keep track of, swap
P R O T I P:
Label your batteries.

That's all.
>>
>>2785543

Protip: label everything. That is all.
>>
>>2785406
Don't forget sports. The sidelines of a game or a race are pretty much nothing but D4s and 1Ds. Nobody else has the combination of fast big primes and pro bodies yet.

But yeah, I'm actually totally willing to downsize once mirrorless can compete with DSLRs. I absolutely love my X100, and if Fuji could turn the X-Pro line into something that was passable for the occasional auto racing I do and had a good TTL flash lineup, I'd be pretty much ready to sell my Nikon gear and buy an X-Pro 3 or whatever.
>>
>>2785621
>and had a good TTL flash lineup
I hate to post about anything Fuji since the Fuji vs Sony war is now becoming an all out shitposting spree but:

Fuji do have another new TTL flash coming out (it may be out already). Finally supporting HSS. AF-C could do with a bit better performance but they are getting there.
>>
>>2785627
I should have specified "TTL wireless flash" but yeah, that new Fuji flash actually looks pretty good. What I'd really like to see is Fuji compatibility out of TTL monolights like the ones Elinchrom and Phottix are making now, though.

I don't disagree that they're on a strong path to a really good system, either. I said "X-Pro 3" because I think it might be viable by the time that generation rolls around. The lens selection is getting there, too, and despite all of the whining about cost from /p/, I was just looking at their lineup and the pricing seems pretty reasonable compared to serious Nikon or Canon glass. $1400 for their 70-200mm equivalent isn't bad at all, for example, nor is $700 for the 23/1.4, considering that even a Sigma Art 35 1.4 costs more than that.
>>
You were on some shitty assignment and ran into one legitimate professional.

What's the big fucking deal here? I'm lost.
>>
>muh space savings
>have dslr
>3 lenses + teleconverter
>tripod
>water
>hat and gloves
>all fits into my little flipside sport 15L
the only question is can you shoot 8+ fps, up to 1/8000 sec, with full weather sealing with your toy of a camera?
>>
>>2785659
Actually yes it can.
>>
>>2785662
Not with working AF
>>
>>2785664
As in accurately tracking AF
>>
>>2785666
actually yes it can.
>>
>>2785668
what camera and pics?
>>
>>2785671
inb4 Jason Lanier
>>
File: xt1-edit3.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
xt1-edit3.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>2785671
Fuji XT1 8fps 1/32000 sec.
>>
>>2785687
how does tracking subjects through an evf even work? i looked at mirrorless when i bought a camera but theyre too expensive, and i kinda knew i wanted to shoot wildlife and the options were really limited.
>>
>>2785695
Its like a view finder but digital, nothing changes. You can track things fine.
>>
Whoever takes Jason Lanier as a professional photographer needs to be shot in the face. Twice.
Pic related. You can have the fucking A7r II but it wont help you if youre shit at photography. Fucking ugly hdr + clarity. Into the trash.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D700
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern760
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)45 mm
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Created2013:09:22 11:14:01
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias-2.7 EV
Subject Distance3.98 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Not Detected
Focal Length45.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2785698
i'd imagine theres lag and i didnt know what happens when the shutter fires
>>
Professional wedding photographer here. I have several problems with mirrorless cameras which have prevented me from making the switch.

1. I do not find the EVF (electronic view finder) all that great. I much prefer the OVF (optical view finder). Especially as I have to shoot in low light. The instant exposure feedback is nice for novice photographers and hobbyists looking to switch to manual, but it's a non-issue for me. Any self-respecting photographer will eventually learn to read light.

2. I find the DSLR fits my hand much better. I simply don't like how a mirrorless feels in my hands. I have small hands. It's not a size thing, but mirrorless cameras have a long way to go in ergonomics.

3. Lens selection is still a bit lacking. I love being able to choose from a huge array of lenses. Mirrorless gives you the essentials, but it has a long way to go before it can catch up to DSLR.

4. Battery life (as has been pointed out). You can carry spares. With a DSLR, I don't need to.

It all comes down to personal preference, and I don't understand the hostility between the two camps. My wife owns several mirrorless cameras and they take excellent pictures. I'll grab it when I just want something quick on the go.

When it comes to work however, I don't see myself making the switch.

Professional photographers don't get fixated on gear too much. Use whatever works for you.
>>
>>2785700
It blacks out. Not like on an SLR OVF but it actually has to turn off to begin the whole exposure process and takes some time to start the EVF again.
>>
File: 124987376853.gif (564 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
124987376853.gif
564 KB, 125x125
>>2785699
>checks exif
>mfw

Anyway, this is completely true. He's got popular just because he was one of the first to make "WHY DID I SWITCH FROM XXX TO XXX" vid. Euphoric bastard.
>>
>>2785701
>I find the DSLR fits my hand much better
this. i would feel much less comfortable hiking through the woods, crossing rivers on logs, and whatever with a mirrorless in my hand. especially with based pentax ergonomics.
>>
>>2785701
>Professional wedding photographer here

how to make your opinions worthless in 2 seconds.
>>
>>2785699
not one but fucking TWO watermarks?
>>
>>2785699
Ugh, I just can't get over how fucking bad this guy's stuff is. Would it have killed him to shift his position just a bit so that those distracting-ass people and coastline weren't in the background? God only knows why he's shooting at such a small aperture, too... wait a second, he's at 45mm and the max aperture is 4.1? What the fuck shit kit lens is he even doing this with?

For some reason, he reminds me of this guy I know who read about "Sunny 16" and from then on shot every single photo at f/16 because he didn't understand the exposure triangle.
>>
>>2785412
flange distance is also a major factor in lens size, that's how Leica gets smaller lenses. it appears that a lot of the APSc options out there are just repackaged SLR designs.
Battery life will come, my Ricoh GXR lasts forever, and my sony is no worse than what my Nikon D100 got back in it's heyday.

>>2785621
once again lens availability, my $500 a6000 will shoot 10fps, and mirrorless cameras could potentially shoot faster because of the fewer moving parts.
>>
>>2785719
Yeah, lens availability is a major problem. Fuji is really making strides, though, and I could pretty much rebuild my FF Nikon kit with Fuji glass at this point. (I have a 20 2.8, 35/50/85 1.4, and 70-200, with plans to get the 200-500 soon.)
>>
>>2785716
>f/6.3
>God only knows why he's shooting at such a small aperture
that's not a small aperture, f8 is optimal for most lenses. He is probably using the 28-300 steaming pile of shit, great for weddings because no changing lenses.

I have to agree with you on most of what you say though
>>
>>2785711
Why is that? I make a comfortable living doing what I love to do and get to travel the world.

Can you say the same?

Sounds like you're jealous or trolling. Either way, I feel pity for you. Grow up kid.
>>
>>2785719
>flange distance is also a major factor in lens size
But only in wide-angle lenses. Once you get to normal and telephoto, it doesn't come into play.
>>
>>2785729
It's a small aperture for a shot like that, where a shallower depth of field would do wonders to deal with that distracting background.

A larger aperture would also allow a faster shutter speed, and it'd mean he could use less flash power and end up with softer light while still killing daylight the same way.

Lol, I also just realized that he ISN'T actually killing daylight, it's photoshop, and he forgot to burn the area under their chins.
>>
>>2785699
That terrible vignette correction in the upper corners. Fuck.
>>
>>2785437
That's some fantasy you've got going on there bruh.
>>
>>2785699
His clients are happy with the results.

Enough said.

You are free to hate on his style all you want to (I actually agree with you here I am not a fan of HDR and "slider abuse"), but the difference between amateur and professionals is that professionals cater to the client. No one else.

To be blunt; You are not his client. You will NEVER pay a dime to use his services. Why should he care about what you think? He doesn't need to change a thing. People will still seek him out. He will continue to make a comfortable living doing what he loves while you sit here typing away. If he stopped using HDR, would you hire him?

Didn't think so.

You would be better served trying to find your own voice. Find your clients. Find your style. Find your own unique take on things. Stop hating. Start innovating.

You are absolutely free to critique his work. You are absolutely free to hate it even. However, he has no reason to listen to you. He has a full list of clients who are willing to pay money for pictures like these.

Here's the cold truth that you will find out when or if you get out into the professional world (meaning you get paid to work). The customer is king.

As a professional, my job is to deliver the picture that the clients want. Would I ever resort to HDR or selective coloring when I shoot for leisure? No. I wouldn't.

I'm at a level where clients come to ME for MY style. I have the luxury of turning down clients who want me to change. However, if a client is willing to pay me good money to do HDR, I would not turn them down. Not because of the money. I make more than enough of that to make a comfortable living.

So why do I do it?

It's because my job is to make the client happy. I get paid for it. That's why I find work regularly.

The couple in the picture are happy with the results. That's the only thing that matters.

Doesn't matter if you use a DSLR or Mirrorless. The only thing that counts in the end is the client. GL :)
>>
>>2785758
>The only thing that counts in the end is the client
no, it doesnt matter if your clients are happy, if you cant put together an impressive portfolio you wont land new clients. if one person likes your photos for every 100 that dont, you're shit
>>
File: DSC02042.jpg (1 MB, 924x1500) Image search: [Google]
DSC02042.jpg
1 MB, 924x1500
>>2785731
works with tele lenses as well

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:03:05 18:00:01
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Brightness-1.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceWhite Fluorescent
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width924
Image Height1500
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2785712
Professional wedding photog here to chime in. In our world, branding is king. I ASSURE you the couple in the picture received a non-watermarked copy or at least one with less obstructive watermark.

The reason there are two is to increase exposure. When people come across the picture and they like the style they will now seek him out.

It's like when construction companies put out their company logo on construction sites.

In this SPECIFIC case, I agree that 2 watermarks are a bit of overkill. But if you like this style of photography you will know exactly where to find him.

In this day and age where people often grab pictures off of social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat just to name a few)- people love to share. It's basically free advertising. You'd be stupid not to do it.

Obviously if you're a fashion photographer, amateur photographer or someone who is not dependent on clients to make a living you mightfind the practice abhorrent. But in a world where exposure can mean the difference between working and starving, you bet your ass you're going to increase brand awareness by watermarking.

Ever noticed how both DSLR camera straps have the company logo on it? GL :)
>>
>>2785758
Man, as somebody who makes a living with a camera as well, I totally get where you're coming from on an intellectual level. I tailor my photography to my clients too, but I do it in a way that makes both of us happy with the results.

It's hard not to feel a punch in the gut when looking at work like Jason's, though. I look at how much of my life I've poured into developing my craft, perfecting my style, and making it recognizable and popular, and then I see these guys who are making just as much money by churning out snapshits with awkwardly posed couples and hideous filters, and it's painful, like what the fuck did I work so hard for?
>>
>be me
>working as fashioin fotog
>doing fashon show with my caned 5meme mark 3
>every time i take a photo the models turn ugly
>freaking out because my meme slr is not taking good photos
>see a bunch of mirrorless people taking photos of models
>photos are gr8
>every photo they take is a new & better version of the afghan girl
>even the ugly models turn beautiful if their photo is taken by a sony a7rii
>all the fotogarphers using mirrorless are super handsome & cool
>they all have big dongs
>look at dslr users
>all fat & ugly
>fast forward to intermission in the show
>everyone is eating snacks or at the bar
>all these models everywhere
>try to talk to one
>"h-hi"
>model looks down at me
>models says "ewww dont even talk to me you DSLR FAGG"
>all models & everyone starts laughing at me & my 5d mork 3
>try to run away but my dslr is too heavy
>leave the show
>crying while lugging my memeslr down the street
>suddenly see a camera store there
>go in seecameras everywhere
>ask cashier him where the canen cameras are
>"thats not a camera m8, this is a camera"
>holding up the meme, the legend
>hes holding up a mirrorless
>its just as great as the prophecy fortold
>super erect just standing next to it
>decide to buy it & the a7r2
>now feeling confident i walk into the bathroom
>look in the mirror
>im suddenly 6'6, super ripped strong jawline
>feeling good
>walking back to the fashion show
>moving quickly because the mirrorless camera is so light
>burst into the show
>everyone is looking at me either jealous or with lust
>all the models are giving me sexy looks
>have giant orgy with female models & me
>all because my cam
>intermission over
>go into the runway room
>start shooting like a xpro
>all shots are amazing
>all the girls in the room are getting wet just seeing my sony
>room starts flooding with pussyjucice all because my a7
>but suddenly
>a7rii gets wet
>breaks
>cursing sony for not having weather sealing
>regret everything
>i should have listened to ken rockwell
>>
>>2785767
>Professional wedding photog here to chime in. In our world, branding is king.
Maybe he should have put them in places that aren't so easy to remove then.
>>
File: watermarksareforplebsdesu.jpg (297 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
watermarksareforplebsdesu.jpg
297 KB, 1000x665

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Created2016-03-06T10:47:45
FlashNo Flash Function
Image Width1000
Image Height665
>>
>>2785406
Why use a DSLR?

1) Battery life

2) AF speed

That's the reason.
>>
>>2785906
My a7r2, on the other hand, works fine after ejaculating on it multiple times. Granted, my semen is considerably thicker than vaginal fluids, but the sealing is nonetheless impressive.
>>
>>2786072
> 2) AF speed
Sony MILC already match the AF speed of DSLR.

Specific models surpass it in lower light situations.

So that's not really a reason now.
>>
>>2786072
and AF accuracy. but the AF weakness is going away very quickly. especially since mirrorless AF is better in a lot of ways too, like 100% coverage, more AF points, facial recognition (literally registering faces in camera of your peeps), eye tracking, etc. You can get the coverage and eye tracking with the D5 but it's $$$$ and the body is gigantic
>>
>>2786099
> and AF accuracy
On which modern MILC?

Sony, Olympus' new cameras, Panasonic... are all accurate now, as far as I can tell?

> facial recognition (literally registering faces in camera of your peeps), eye tracking
Actually this is just as easily possible on DSLR.
DSLR just don't have the right means to show what is going on in the OVF, but they could do it behind the scenes or in live view anyhow.

> You can get the coverage and eye tracking with the D5 but it's $$$$ and the body is gigantic
Typical CaNikon rip-off for "higher end" features that are actually software coupled to an extra $5 or so of computer hardware...
>>
File: smugchar.jpg (221 KB, 827x828) Image search: [Google]
smugchar.jpg
221 KB, 827x828
>>2786098
>Sony MILC
All at the expensive of carrying a portable nuclear reactor in your bag to power it and a few tanks of liquid nitrogen to stop it overheating.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 Windows
Image Created2016-03-06T13:39:05
Image Width827
Image Height828
>>
>>2785654
OP needs other people to validate his tool choices

funny thing is he probably doesnt even know how stupid he sounds

>went to construction job
>four people using Worx, only one dude using Bosch
>2016
>still using Bosch
>BOSCH FAGS BTFO LOLOLOLOLO

basically
>>
>>2786102
AFAIK that was a video recording problem on the A7R II only?
>>
>>2785264

>Making bank shooting an assignment with my D4
>A gaggle of mirrorless faggots talking about muhnoproservice around me
>I get paid, go home, fuck my girlfriend and get ready for tomorrows assignments
>They post 500% crops of their out of focus shots on misc photo forums talk about how dslrisdead and get ready for their shift at insertcamerastorenamehere

Such Is Life
>>
>>2786108
>babby's first day on /p/
>>
>>2786110
flip the screen up.
no overheating.
>>
>>2785325
>porand
>relevant

kek next time at least pretend to be from a real country
>>
>>2785346
Where do they get the money for that shit, anyway? Same thing here in Ukraine, every retard who pretends to be a photographer can be seen running around with a 5D3 and a red-ringed lens.
>>
>>2785441
>>2785450
FUJI
U
J
I
>>
>>2785441
>Hey, it depends what is your style of shooting. I feel like is going to turn into "mirrorless shill vs everyone". Just today, I shot an event and took about 500 pics. I won't tell what camera I've used (because it ruins threads here) but I have still 40% of juice left. All I do is turning off the WiFi and the camera itself when there's not much to shoot. I don't pray and spray and take 5000 pics in an hour. I'm just trying to show you, that for some of us certain mirrorless cameras are completely usable in "commercial" conditions
I took 1200 photos this weekend with an X-T1 and the battery grip without charging or swapping, and still have charge to spare. Lots of continuous AF, lots of 8fps burst, lots of IS on my 50-140. I shoot raw, and leave the rear display off (no image review unless I need it)

Battery life is definitely not as good as it was on my DSLR, but it's not anywhere near as bad as people like to pretend it is.
>>
>>2785383
>turn the camera off after every shot
>pack extra batteries
Not that hard. Pleb tourists like to keep their cameras on all the time and then wonder why their battery dies so quick.
>>
>>2787365
>turn off camera
>pleb
>>
>>2787369
Takes 1 second to turn on your camera and take a shot.
>>
>>2787370
>having 1 second
>>
>>2787371
>>2787370
>>2787369
>>2787365
I'm being a bit of a snarky dick here, but seriously, one of the reasons many people have higher level cameras is they can't count on having the time to wait for a camera to wake up/turn on to get a shot. Yes, it doesn't matter for some kinds of photography, but it's vital for others. This is one of those deals where it's fairly idiotic to attempt to say "well, everyone can just turn off their cameras between shots" because *everyone* plainly cannot.
>>
>>2787365
This isn't exactly true. In some cases, turning off a camera and on again consumes more battery rebooting it, rather than just keeping it on idle the whole time. I keep my DSLR on almost all day when I'm out in the field, and never ever run out of batteries due to that.
>>
What's a good budget for a mirrorless?
>>
>>2787370
>Missing the decisive moment

kek
>>
File: Man up.jpg (74 KB, 861x744) Image search: [Google]
Man up.jpg
74 KB, 861x744
>>2785383
I'm waiting for Sony to release an official backpack so I can carry all my batteries around.
>>
File: R0210097.jpg (164 KB, 1102x800) Image search: [Google]
R0210097.jpg
164 KB, 1102x800
>>2787370
>having a camera that turns off

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelGR
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2015:10:21 10:59:29
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness3 EV
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.30 mm
Image Width1102
Image Height800
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2787372
If you're doing that kind of work then a small mirrorless, without a battery grip, might not be the option for you.
But the criticism mirrorless cameras get is like criticising cars for not being flatbed SUVs.

"lol you can't even move a couch across town. Haha do you even offroad? 40 litre gas-tank omg why don't you just walk."
>>
>>2788439
Hmm I wonder which costs more
>>
>>2788450
about the same these days
>>
>>2788449
>flatbed SUVs.
>>
>>2788450
In UK the roll of film is about £5 and the battery is about £15.

The battery is rechargeable.
>>
>>2788464
Flatbed 4x4. You know what I mean.
>>
>>2788472
A truck maybe?
>>
I tried the EVF of an Olympus, Fuji and Panasonic on /p/'s recommendation after I was disappointed with the Sony's EVF. They are all good but laggy. They look great when looking at the image you just took but when you pan they all look terrible.

My conclusion is that EVFs are great. They are feature-full and usable but don't yet match OVF on refresh rate. If I had a camera with a nice EVF I would get used to it but having used OVFs makes EVFs disappointing.

What does /p/ think of EVFs?
>>
>>2788473
Yeah. Whatever. Any vehicle that has features that an ordinary car does not, that wouldn't be used very often as anything other than a car, will work for this analogy.

Personally a mirrorless is perfect for me. I shoot film half of the time so 300 shots and another 300 in a small battery is more than enough for any day out.
>>
>>2788477
It's nice having the option of extra data all over the place but the one on my a6000 isn't there yet.

The a6300 is supposed to be better for lag but I think the ideal situation is a hybrid ovf.
>>
>>2788487
I'll try the a6300 when it comes out. I want the quality of live view on the EVF to be the same as image preview on the EVF. Image preview really looks fantastic.

Forgot to ask: is there a way to turn off image preview after taking the shot?
>>
>>2788495
What i love about the A6300 is the EVF is 120fps. Glorious PC master race tier.
>>
>>2786108
no professional would ever use bosch
>>
>>2788477
>What does /p/ think of EVFs?

Hate them. It's one of the only reasons I have the x100s, otherwise I honestly would have bought a Lumix lx100.
>>
>>2785264

>DSLR is dead

>mirrorless people selling their sony/fuji to go Nikon D750

ok
>>
>>2788477
>What does /p/ think of EVFs?
Coming from canon full frame, I love my EVF. Going back to an OVF is jarring, and I want to know where all my information is. Live histogram, exposure and toning preview, in-finder level, etc. It's awesome. It doesn't change the way I work, but it removes a lot of the guess work that you don't realize you're doing without one.
>>
>>2788516
>nikon d750
how is that recall going for you?
>>
>>2788543
Which one? The first one? or the second one?
>>
>>2785758
So much this.

Shooting for art and shooting for work/clients are TWO COMPLETELY SEPARATE things.

I do think he's retarded.
>>
>>2788543
>>2788572

Goes nice, what were already perfect now is getting better. Is like a lighter D810

Deal with it, mirrorfags
>>
>>2785763
>no, it doesnt matter if your clients are happy, if you cant put together an impressive portfolio you wont land new clients. if one person likes your photos for every 100 that dont, you're shit
Protip: photographers and artists aren't your clients. You will do things that every wannabe artist will decry as horrible, shit, delete in camera, or whatever and *that* is your portfolio. A good artistic portfolio is a terrible commercial portfolio.
>>
>>2788645
this hurts, anon
>>
File: 1454896349487.jpg (254 KB, 1020x516) Image search: [Google]
1454896349487.jpg
254 KB, 1020x516
>>2785264
These photos are always great.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Created2016:02:08 02:46:40
Image Width1020
Image Height516
>>
>>2785763
You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about, or you've been very lucky in your life with the type of clients you found.

Also keep in mind not everyone is a master photographer in the top 500.
>>
>>2789839
He has no clients. He's speaking from what he has decided the world is like, based on his logic about how it should work.
>>
File: Capture.png (22 KB, 73x109) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22 KB, 73x109
>>2785264
>DSLR
>D
where's the screen bruh? :^)
>>
File: 458_god_wills_it_cat.jpg (95 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
458_god_wills_it_cat.jpg
95 KB, 500x600
Mfw people are still arguing this.
>>
>>2789891
This just made me think:

What are the chances of a major manufacture other than Leica making a film camera in the future? 0% or 0.1%?
>>
>>2789896
Isn't the nikon f6 still in production?
>>
>>2785264
its not dead if there are still a crapload of young people with gear like the guy in OPs pic.

youre just a fat lazy american kid who doesnt want to carry to much
>>
>>2789897
It seems so. I guess the F6 shows why they don't make film cameras anymore. 1. There is not much more you can do to make a film camera better. 2. People don't really buy them anymore. 3. You can buy old film cameras which work fine and take the exact same pictures. Some people often prefer the simpler older film cameras. If you want cutting edge tech you go digital.
>>
>>2789935
I almost wish someone would come out with some kind of hybrid digital/film camera. yeah i know you can change out digital and film backs with medium format systems, but they're insanely expensive and you usually don't get the same FOV on the sensor as the film.

But a camera that had some kind of digital screen to show what the exposure is going to look like and then capture the actual frame on film would be pretty cool. Kodak is doing something similar with their new super 8 cameras i think. Not sure what kind of market there would be for still cameras like that though.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.