[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony NEX-VG10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: zfrontleftquarter_lg.jpg (84 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
zfrontleftquarter_lg.jpg
84 KB, 1024x682
I know this is not photography, but since there hasn't been a filmmaking general in /tv/ for quite some time and everyone there suggested me to ask camera-related questions on /p/ I might as well ask it here.

Is the Sony NEX-VG10 an alright camera for about 400 euros (440 USD)? There's a used one for that price for sale on a nearby store, but I heard it was already pretty outdated back when it was released in 2010, so I'm not really sure if it's totally worth it. I'm just getting into filmmaking and making shorts on a crappy Cyber-Shot ain't gonna do for much longer.

Oh, and if the NEX-VG10 isn't any good, what's a better camera for the price then?
>>
>>2784861

i mean, it will shoot HD just fine, but yo dawg, i herd you like interlacing.
>>
>>2784861
What kind of filmmaking do you do?

I use a Canon XA20 and love it, and you might be able to find one used for similar money. However, it's a documentary camera, not one for artistic cinematography.
>>
>>2784896
Interlacing? In a semi-professional 2010 camera?

>>2784904
Mostly cinematic filmmaking, but I don't really have any sort of stylistic preference, so a jack of all trades for all sorts of stable shooting situations is for the best.
>>
>>2784861
>not shooting film
>>
>>2784861
I think you'll do better with a A5100/6000 the price is closer, but it is a lot more powerful for video.
Issues being 30min limit and battery life, but a dummy battery with external power can solve that.
>>
>>2775806
>>
>>2785415
Yeah but you can't use an external mic on it unless you buy the sony one.

I have an a6000 and I love it but I don't know that I'd recommend it of video.
>>
>>2785395

>Interlacing? In a semi-professional 2010 camera?

Pretty sure those are 1080i. The whole point of buying a camcorder is to be able to have most of what you need in one package as opposed to having to rig out a dslr/mirrorless. Also, this is a cool camera because you can swap the lenses out. If the stuff I mentioned isn't priority to you, you could do other stuff with your money.
>>
File: 7743737.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7743737.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>2784896
>>2785395
>Interlacing

Yeah, that's basically one reason that keeps me from buying an old used semi-pro or pro video camera like Panasonic HVX200. That and the fact that those tend to use P2 cards that are expensive as fuck. But I guess that's what you get from buying a camera from that akward transitional period when large SD cards weren't a thing yet, but you needed some format that could hold your brand new HD footage.

But yeah, I guess these days you are better off at buying a consumer level 4K camera for $800 that uses SD card than an old TV camera that uses P2 card and can only record like 1080i.
>>
COP a vx1000 my man
>>
I'm using a Sony NEX VG10 with the standard lens and I must say it hasn't disappointed me much.

Lowlight is and issue. The camera generates alot of noise. But that's nothing that can be fixed with a good camera light.

The cons are that there's no peaking or zebra function. The only way to see if the things you want in focus, are in focus, is to just look very carefully. I'd recommend using an external monitor to have a beter view of those things.

I'm very satisfied with the camera. I bought it at round €2500,- back in the day..
Would I pay that much money for it again? No.

Although I would say that 440 is pretty cheap for what you get.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.