[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
photography frustration thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11
File: Screenshots_2016-03-04-12-57-03.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-03-04-12-57-03.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
>Sigma DP Merrill in the post
>snow is absolute beautiful outside
>go take some photos with muh weatherproof camera
>come back and see this

JUST
>>
That happens to me even when I'm home because my postlady is a lazy bitch who'd rather write a note than go up some damn stairs.
Also, that note says 4/6 '16. I guess the poor fellow misses Summer.
>>
>>2784342
don't blame him, it's fuckin freezing
>>
>>2784342
Yup.

At my old apartment i busted the mail guy way too many times stuffing just a note with "you weren't at home, your package is in the post office", without even attempting to ring the doorbell to check if someone would be home.

Luckly my new palce is slightly better, though mail serivce overall has been going down to shit over the years.
>>
>>2784339
This is why I get all my shit delivered to my workplace. There's always somebody there when the postman calls and I can pick it up until 8 o clock.

I used to have to wait for my day off to allign with the post office opening times. Before I could drive it was a 90min round trip too.
>>
>>2784778
I'm a student m80. Plus I share a house with 4 other peopke, you'd have thought 1 of us would be in.
>>
File: parcelfarcepls.jpg (57 KB, 678x201) Image search: [Google]
parcelfarcepls.jpg
57 KB, 678x201
My biggest issue is Parcel Force. They are the worst delivery company in the UK, somehow worse than City Link were at their peak.

Regular issues include:
>clearing parcels and charging parcels that are excluded
>not delivering items once you pay the invoice
>loading items onto a van for delivery but not completing due to a "lack of information"
>delivering items to the wrong town
>schemie as fuck delivery drivers who say things like: BUYING STUFF AGAIN PAL
>not ringing the correct buzzer & sliding cardsf under door
>delivering items to my neighbour by accident
>terrible tracking system compared to competitors
>taking 4 days to deliver a next day parcel
>losing parcels after a failed delivery for several days
>writing wrong information on cards
>dropping parcel off at post office 1hr away because they're running late

It's silly how bad these guys are. Gone are the well trained parcelforce delivery drivers of old. Now it's all schemies in hoodies, tracksuits and an orange vest in a 2nd hand van. They don't regard you as a customer. You are a "third party customer". They even refuse to acknowledge that without your input, they would have no consignment.

I do what I can to avoid this company whenever possible, I have my parcels cleared by HMRC and am billed later. The odd one slips through the cracks like this one though.

>>2784778
>I used to have to wait for my day off to align with the post office opening times. Before I could drive it was a 90min round trip too.
>tfw every missed parcel goes to my "local delivery office"
>delivery office assigned by postcode
>live in a strange postcode that stretches
>40 minutes on bus/walking each way
>have to wait 3 days before I can pick up a parcel
It's so awful, luckily my mailman is a nice guy and leaves it for me if he can.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2016-03-04T22:30:10
FlashNo Flash, Red-Eye Reduce
Image Width678
Image Height201
>>
>>2784339
What's a "safeplace?"
>>
I fucking hate ordering shit online for exactly this reason. My local post office is a nightmare too, in a busy area with no parking and the line is always an hour long. I end up paying substantially more to get shit from Brick & Mortar retailers just so I don't have to deal with the hassle of it.

>>2784836
Sounds like a spot that somebody with an anxiety disorder goes when they're having a panic attack.
>>
File: Ship.png (34 KB, 988x535) Image search: [Google]
Ship.png
34 KB, 988x535
So this is a postal bitching thread?
Sounds fun.

If anyone can help me understand:

Why do I get these tracking numbers that I can't even look at?

Also, why the fuck does it take FedEx almost a week to ship across the United States?
>>
>>2784836

a spot free from bigots and shitlords.
>>
>>2784869
>Also, why the fuck does it take FedEx almost a week to ship across the United States?
It's a big country.
>>
>>2784887

I've gotten things shipped here from California in under four days. Then FedEx ships from Orlando to Tampa instead of stopping in Polk county which adds another day and a half.
>>
>>2784869
Because China.
>>2784887
A *really* big country.
>>
>>2784836
Just wherever they saw fit to leave your parcel. I've had stuff left in bins, my barbecue and my roof before
>>
>>2784893
>Because China

But the bag was coming from Oregon.

>>2784897
What do you mean your roof?
>>
>>2784899
Those two on the right are most definitely not coming from Oregon.

As for the USPS one, just takes time for shit to get scanned/databases to get updated.
>>
>>2784902

Yeah no shit those are coming out of China, the other one is coming from the Ukraine.

I wanted to know what the point of a tracking number was if the items never get scanned.
>>
>>2784899
There's a little bit of my house that juts out with my kitchen in, where the roof is only one floor high, as opposed to 3 like the rest of the house, and so they decided to leave a load of books from amazon up there. I had to stack 2 chairs on top of one another to get to it. I was livid.
>>
>>2784911
What if it rained?

How did the mailman get up there?

Has the service gone to shit due to lack of funding?
>>
>>2784891
>>2784869
They should absolutely place your one item in one van and only that item to the next depot. Sadly delivery logistics don't work that way. Usually things will be delivered to hubs, collated then redistributed with orders for the nearby area.

>>2784913
>What if it rained?
Why would they care? It's delivered.
>Has the service gone to shit due to lack of funding?
Most services in the UK are filled with 20-40 year old uneducated plebs with a van. They work for "near minimum wage" according to them too. Drivers just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>2784913
>how did he get up there?
He just tossed the bags up there thinking I'd be able to reach if I hopped on a chair
>>
>>2784887
>It's a big country.
For you.
>>
>Trip out of town this coming weekend
>Pre-order X-Pro2
>"You preordered too late, anon, first batch has been shipped and yours wasn't part of it", says the B&H jew
>Look up local photography store out of desperation, even if they will charge me 8% sales tax
>Website says no sales tax on Fuji items this weekend
>isthisreal.raf
>Call them and ask about X-Pro2
>"yeah anon, we had two and we sold them both on Thursday"
>desperately checking B&H order status all weekend

Will the jews hold me back?
>>
No frustration here, just ordered 68 4x6 prints of some recent photos i've taken and it cost me less than 5 bucks, delivered.
>>
>>2786247
>the jews
Don't be a racist.
>>
>>2786270
Doesn't matter, he will still spend his money there. Easy money, goy.
>>
>>2786247
I pre-ordered with B&H the second day it was possible. I got the same message. Got an email this morning saying "Your item is still out of stock!" So I canceled the order and ordered it from Amazon. I'll have it Tuesday.

I honestly don't understand how B&H and Adorama are in business. They're closed most days, they don't offer any better pricing or shipping than anywhere else...
>>
>>2786270

youre the racist here, buddy.
>>
>>2786283
Most people buy Canon and Nikon, guess what they got in stock
>>
>>2786309
But still, even then, you it's a roll of the dice whether they're open on the day you want to buy it, and the pricing is the same as places that are open every single day...
>>
>>2786310
You know, it's a criminal offense to be offended by jewish schedules. Be more tolerant, goy.
>>
>>2786247
>pre-order X-Pro 2 on 1st March
>get e-mail at night asking for ID for security check
>send it next morning
>order despatched 2nd March
>3rd March 11 AM
>it's in my hands
That's what you get for buying from shit companies desu.
>>
>>2784339
go to the post office tomorrow.
what's the problem?
are you assburger?
>>
>>2786329
Where from?
>>
>>2786283
they have that obongo money.
>>
>>2786333
Calumet Photo. They're one of the only places in the UK that don't use Parcel Force too.
>>
>be out shooting
>see a qt doing the same
>remember i wil never have a gf
>atleast i have my camera
>>
>>2786416
>Hey, that's an interesting camera you got there. What focal length/lens is that?
>Nice, I'm not really fond a lens that wide/tight
>You shoot a lot of x?
>Thanks, see ya!
Yeah, you're right. That would never work ;_;
>>
>>2786419
If you are a girl plz be in london
>>
>>2786529
All the girls on /p/ turned out to be plain crazy or other sorts of mentally ill men. Like isi or Ayya.
Protip, you don't want to hook up with a girl who's going on /p/, don't ever put your dick in crazy!
>>
>>2786537
>Protip
how are you a pro if you've never even wet your tip
>>
>>2786545
I put my dick in crazy numerous times before and the results were terrifying. That's why I'm giving you this advice.
Have you had a girl who is calling you or texting you every 5 minutes, gets paranoid, yelling about you cheating her then threatening to suicide if you do the go all mushy and snuggly and you just ant to bite your head off because that's the only way out?
>>
>>2786551
damn, it's getting late, typos everywhere.
>>
>>2786247
>Website says no sales tax on Fuji items this weekend
Samy's?

>>2786352
Man I miss Calumet. They closed their whole US chain a couple of years back.

>>2786416
>Somebody I know asks me to shoot their friend's cosplay group after their scheduled photog bails.
>Agree, go and get set up.
>They show up, immediately notice that one is totally my type of QT, and is dressed as a somewhat lewd catgirl
>Turns out she did photography in school and is way more into shooting than cosplaying, but kinda got talked into it by her roommate
>She ends up assisting for most of the shoot, actually really helpful and has a great eye for posing.
>End up hanging out with her and her roommate for quite a while after the shoot.
>Get in touch on FB a few days later, talk on messenger for like an hour.
>I'm totally ready to ask her out, mention a thing that's opening soon
>"Oh yeah, I'm super stoked about that, my BF and I are going on opening day!"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>2786562
Thats sucks bro
>>
>>2786737
Where's the problem? She doesn't have a ring on her finger yet.. so she's available.
>>
>>2786352
The fuck do they need an ID check for?
>>
>>2786332
The snow has since melted and I missed a great chance to test out the camera. As a result I am frustrated - calm yer tits
>>
>>2786748
Sometimes things get flagged. I only ever bought small things from them, developer, fixer etc.
A purchase of £1349 suddenly out of the blue gets it flagged for fraud. Hell, sometimes your own bank will even deny large transactions because they're worried for your security.
>>2786787
>The snow has since melted
Maybe you should live where I am, that snow fell for three hours and vanished just 10 minutes after it stopped snowing.
>>
>>2786270
but B&H is literally run by Hasidic Jews. He's correct.
>>
>>2786416
f-fug that happened to me just the other day. She was walking around with some digicam, and I had my rz67 on a tripod taking long exposure shots like a nerd.
>>
>>2787140
The word "Jews" is like "Puerto Ricans" and "Mexicans". It's correct, accurate, totally fine, and right to say, while also being horribly racist.
>>
File: Screenshots_2016-03-07-16-30-13.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2016-03-07-16-30-13.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
Fuck sake
>>
>>2786997
Ah I see. That's crazy, to be honest. I have never experienced such a thing as them (bank) requesting an ID check yet. But then, it's all about security these days so I suppose it's a good thing.
>>
>>2787151
>bitching about le problematic raycist language on the fourth channel
>>
>>2787228
What did sake do to you? Or did you mean for fucks sake?
>>
>>2787254
That post, while being true, was mainly meant to be funny. Relax a bit. This board used to be fun. Remember?
>>
>>2784339
>>2787228
Why not just go get it?
>>
>>2787262
I live about an hours walk from there and don't have a car up here - I've asked them to deliver it to my local post office for me to collect on Wednesday. Just frustrating.
>>
>>2787263
wqhats with b&h and the jews working there? everytime someone shows b&h workers its a jew.
>>
>>2787391
Jews own businesses in NYC?

Imagine that.
>>
>>2787393
yeah but its filled with them
>>
>>2787394
Are you new to the world?
>>
>>2787396
are you /pol/?
>>
File: with-jews-we-lose02_k0nsl[1].jpg (92 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
with-jews-we-lose02_k0nsl[1].jpg
92 KB, 500x555
>>2787394
>>
>>2787394
I heartily recommend reading the wikipedia article on B&H, anon. It's like you're foreign or something and can't fathom a buisness establishment founded and staffed by Jews. Boy you'll be in for a treat once someone breaks you the news there's an entire country of Jews.
>>
>>2787405
[spoiler] It's called the United States of America :^) [/spoiler]
>>
>>2787398
Nope, but seriously, being surprised that an orthodox jewish owned company employs exclusively or almost exclusively orthodox jews is pretty damn stupid. It's like going into little italy and then being surprised that an italian restaurant is staffed by italian americans.
>>
>>2787405
>It's like you're foreign or something and can't fathom a buisness establishment founded and staffed by Jews
Friendly reminder that it's against the law in civilised countries to hire this way. Running a camera store is not a reasonable exception to equality and employment laws :^)
>>
>>2787405
>an entire country of Jews
Israel is less of a country and more like an epic trailer park pissing match
>>
>>2787445
>Friendly reminder that it's against the law in civilised countries to hire this way
In America, it isn't. The only reason they're being sued is because they have some government contracts which add extra stipulations that don't normally apply.
>>
>>2787445
Friendly reminder that it's nowhere near as simple as that and usually you're legally allowed to be as discriminatory as you please in hiring.
>>
>>2787450
>Friendly reminder that it's nowhere near as simple as that and usually you're legally allowed to be as discriminatory as you please in hiring.
Friendly reminder that I said in civilised countries.
Do you also work in HR m80?
>>
>>2787405
>>2787406
Why are there no jews in polan? It's like they were gone with the wind.
>>
>>2787453
>in civilised countries
Same thing applies there friend.
I promise you that you have no clue what you're talking about here. There are so many loopholes in hiring laws that they basically don't exist unless you do something beyond stupid and even then it's a nightmare to prove.
>>
>>2787456
I can assure you that I do, friendo.
You may want to sit in on a few more cases to improve your investigative skills if you think it's that hard.
It's so hard that B&H are under fire for it right now.
>>
>>2787463
>I KNOWS IT WELL ANON U CANT INVESTIGATE
What's it like not being able to legally drink?
>It's so hard that B&H are under fire for it right now.

How old is that company?
Have they been forced to change hiring practices yet? Will those changes actually last? Or will they simply just forego federal contracts and not worry about it ever again?
>>
>>2787465
>Have they been forced to change hiring practices yet? Will those changes actually last? Or will they simply just forego federal contracts and not worry about it ever again?
see>>2787445
>in civilised countries
In countries where law and order actually exist.
>>
>>2787454
This would be funny if not for the fact the first Jewish person I saw in my quarter of a century of forming memories was an Israeli tourist sightseeing an abandoned and derelict jewish cemetary where locals pastured cows b4 it became more profitable to herd israelite rich tourists. Hitler genuinely suceeded in ridding this entire region of Jews. Therr are no jews in polan, only tombstones, like in >>2786165 's posts (that's actually a fence though)
>>
>>2787468
>I don't know how civil actions happen.

Seriously guy, by your ideas of "law and order actually" existing, there's no such thing as a civilised country.
>>
>>2784911
Amazon's couriers are dogshit, I've had the same guy deliver to nearby houses (all with clear, large house numbers) multiple times until the neighbour pointed to him to my house. It was something large that last time so it was satisfying to watch him have to pick it back up and lug it all the way around out of the window.
Also had stuff come later than it said it would so they came while I was on holiday and left in bins without even writing that on the note, thankfully no bins needed putting out because if I had asked a neighbour to put them out while I was away the parcels would have been thrown away with the recycling. I stopped using amazon for anything more expensive than 30 odd quid once they started using these couriers.
>>
>>2787263
What happens if you're a hasidic jew but can't grow a full beard as an adult? Will you be stoned to death?
>>
>>2787648
That would mean you're halkaline
>>
Pol plz go
>>
>>2787766
>>
I just received my 10 stop NiSi ND filter, can't find my fucking shutter release.
>>
>>2787474
For what it's worth, though, you may well have seen plenty of Jews, they just weren't obvious because Orthodox Jews are a minority these days and most Jews look and dress like everybody else.

I live in Los Angeles, which has a huge Jewish population, and unless you go to one specific neighborhood here, it's pretty rare to see people going around in yarmulke or with the curls and beards or whatever.
>>
>>2788504
No, believe me anon, stop projecting your personal american notion of how stuff is back there and believe me when I say there are literally less than 100 if that jewish people in my 300k pop. town. The little few that survived WW2 were forced to deport in the 50ies by the communist government, using them as a scapegoat to blame on everything that changed for worse after they tookmover the country. This is an offensively gross simplification ofc but believe me - no Jews. Zero. Zilch.
>>
>>2788529
stalin did what hitler couldn't.
based.
>>
>>2788529
None here either (UK) the only time I have ever met or seen anyone Jewish was on holiday in Venice
>>
>>2789622
>The UK is home to the second largest Jewish population in Europe, and has the fifth largest Jewish community worldwide.

Have you ever been to London or Manchester?
>>
>>2784869
Because the seller has provided a tracking number, the parcel hasn't actually been scanned on into the mail system yet, as they haven't received the parcel, just the tracking number.

That's usually the case for anyone doing more than personal sales, they'll buy/print the thing online to attach the package (which is when they get the tracking number), then drop them off at post office all at once later, or wait for a pick up.
>>
>>2789763
I live in manchester and ive never seen a Jewish person
>>
>>2787449
>>2787450
42 U.S. Code § 2000e–2 - Unlawful employment practices

>(a) Employer practices
>It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer—
>(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or
>(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

Nice try my jewish friends.
>>
>>2790199
http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/results.htm?fs=AM0000000D0NN0000000NNNYN00000000NY

Homie, there are thresholds and other requirements before that shit is applicable.

Anyway, hard to hire nonJews when you advertise openings by asking around the jewmoms at the local synagogues.
>>
>>2790205
>http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/results.htm?fs=AM0000000D0NN0000000NNNYN00000000NY
>The maximum number of employees your business or organization employs or will employ during the calendar year is 15 - 49.

lol they have more than that on cashier duty alone. What are you talking about? The problem is not with their hiring. The problem is with their treatment of non-jew employees.
>>
>>2790152
look at the nose.
the nose.
>>
>>2787449
why a camera store have a government contract?
>>
>>2790268
Prolly just being an approved supplier capable of accepting GSA cards.
>>
File: DSC_5084.jpg (622 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5084.jpg
622 KB, 681x1024
>>2786416
>find dad's old film camera
>take it with you while meeting up with some friends in town
>a random cute girl walks up to you
>excitedly asks about the camera
>turns out she's an avid film shooter
>have a chat about b&w shooting and stuff
>for the first time in life gather the balls to ask a girl out for coffee or whatever
>suddenly she goes "Oh w-well, I think I should go now, see ya!"
>never see her again
>turns out a friend's friend hangaround behind you shooed her off because he got pissed

Never saw her again. Now women only look at me with suspicion. No tears. Only UE now.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D50
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern4940
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:05:31 12:56:22
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1362
Image Height2048
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Unique Image ID7793571f0438e65e0000000000000000
>>
File: 1449693728924.png (121 KB, 325x340) Image search: [Google]
1449693728924.png
121 KB, 325x340
>find a working Praktica body with a Zeiss Jena nifty fifty
>lens aperture is stuck so open it up to see what's wrong
>the previous owner has attempted to lubricate the lens by indiscriminately squirting petroleum jelly on the focus threads
>has spread everywhere, jamming the aperture mechanism
>mfw thinking this guy probably thought he was a genius for doing it
>mfw he probably dumped the camera as broken and blamed the manufacturer once the aperture stopped working
>>
>>2790347
friend's friend wants your D.
>>
>>2790483
i wd40 my helicoid once.
works.
>>
>>2790491
That's at least a sort of oil. Do you know what petroleum jelly is like? Thick and sticky grease. Something you should never ever have inside a lens. Thinning it by wiping doesn't do anything, I'd have to essentially bathe the damn lens in alcohol to get it back in working condition.
>>
>2016
>Not paying 5% more for private carrier
>>
>Buy camera from Japan
>Forced to use EMS
>going to come through parcelforce
>sits in customs for 11 days
>no movement
>no other carrier takes this long
>phone parcelforce to tell them to get their shit together
>we don't handle the clearing, Border Force does
>It'll take as long as it takes
>call again
>Person agrees to look into it
>Parcel was scanned but still in possession of Parcelforce
>goes through customs
>1h later charges are raised
>Parcelforce take two days to send out a bill
Worst delivery company in Europe? Worst delivery company in Europe.

The crazy thing is, Royal Mail who own them are absolutely fine.
>>
>>2791182
Parcelforce are a joke - I used to work somewhere that used them as the official courier and it was a disaster. 2/3 of our complaints were about botched deliveries and the like
>>
>>2787151
DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT WEBSITE YOU ARE ON?

jesus christ
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.