[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fashion Photography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 12
Hey /p/ I want to start in the Fashion Photography world and I think the best way to start is making a review about the best classical fashion photographers , the ones who make history and influece the actual photographers.
Who do you think they are and why?
>>
File: sieff-8.jpg (175 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
sieff-8.jpg
175 KB, 681x1024
my mann Jeanloup Sieff. His use of ultra wide angle in fashion photo is creative, tasteful and still unmatched.
>>
>>2784328
>fashion photography
>no clothes
>>
Avedon, newton, bourdin
>>
File: 2u5algn.jpg (225 KB, 1256x1600) Image search: [Google]
2u5algn.jpg
225 KB, 1256x1600
Helmut Newton
Greg Gorman

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePicasa 3.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1700
Image Height2165
>>
File: 1391202963491.jpg (541 KB, 780x1042) Image search: [Google]
1391202963491.jpg
541 KB, 780x1042
>>2784318
>>
File: 08.jpg (226 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
226 KB, 682x1024
>>
File: Lucima Cross.jpg (117 KB, 710x473) Image search: [Google]
Lucima Cross.jpg
117 KB, 710x473
Fashion is very much NOT about a camera. It's not about lens selection, fine detail, sync speed, or composition.

Fashion is about how well you can build a scene. /p/ picks a camera body, a fashion photographer picks a model's body. /p/ picks a sharp lens, a fashion photographer is picking theme and wardrobe. /p/ picks the sharpest aperture and the strongest tripod to prevent any motion blur, a fashion photographer is hiring a good MUA, and deciding on how to light the scene. /p/ is arguing about astro tracking as if they use it, and a fashion photographer is picking a location, giving the model direction, paying attention to the details in the scene that would wreck the mood of the images.

For fashion, capturing the image is almost and afterthought. It's snapping some photos as proof and evidence that this scene took place.
>>
>>

Image Created2011:09:23 22:03:36
>>
>>2784367
some of this is true, but some fashion photogs are every bit as much gearfags as /p/

Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image OrientationUnknown
Image Width1220
Image Height800
>>
>>2784389
No, they aren't. See how they take photos?
>>
>>2784367
I've been working as an assistant to fashion photographers for the past 7 years. What you say is spot on. I'll just say that great many of them don't even know what camera they are using.
>>
Probably a waste of time, styles change fast and that stuff is way out of date now.

Go to fashiongonerogue which is a site with all the latest big fashion editorials from around the world from vogue etc. You will see they are all very similar and every few months they change. To be good you have to be able to match the meme style of the month.

Fashion is fashion, it constantly changes and the new cool thing is always going to keep moving.
>>
>>
>>
>>
reddit.com/r/fashpics
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.