[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/25/1 1111022/huawei-leica-col
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 729x857) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 729x857
http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/25/11111022/huawei-leica-collaboration-mobile-photography

How does it feel knowing that DSLRs and other cameras will be deprecated by a single phone?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
CommentScreenshot
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width729
Image Height857
>>
$30 phone with a $20 camera built in, but with a red dot glued to it, sell for $700
>>
>>2777998
That won't happen, but it would be great if it did. I fully support inexpensive used gear.
>>
>>2777998

As a big Chinaboo (having been to China several times and having a pure Han qt3.14 waifu) I am pretty excited about the Huawei and Leica partnership.

I have been using a Xiaomi phone for a few years (lower quality than Huawei) and it is pretty great and cost 1/5th the amount of an iPhone or Samshit. Huawei makes even better phones, I hope the partnership will help them in the international market, it will surely help them in China.
>>
>>2777998
Does Leica have magic big sensors? It won't really change anything....
>>
>>2778198
hugo pls.
>>
>>2778199
Huawei is the first to license Sony's RGBW sensor, you illiterate person.
>>
>>2778198
>it will surely help them in China.
And this is the only reason Leica's going with this.
Those shitty rebadged panasonics fly off the shelves there because of that red dot.
Money money money
Leica must be desperate.
>>
>>2778260

Leica wants more money?

No fucking shit
>>
>>2778293
Wants?
That's a bit light.
Hungry, desperate, in dire need?

Yeah probably.
>>
I bought a Huawei phone a while back. It lasted a month.

Fucking thing stopped charging, so I replaced the charger, then the battery, then the phone.

And of course when I tried getting a warranty claim set up, they were giving me so many runarounds and excuses that I eventually gave up (which I'm assuming is exactly what they wanted).

So fuck Huawei. Even with a little red dot on the phone, they're still Chinese shit-tier garbage.
>>
>>2778300
>in dire need?
kek

They survive on old designs and barely have to innovate. Back in the film days they waited longer than almost any other manufacturer on the market to release a camera.
The only real worry Leica should have right now is if the revived Zenit make an "affordable" M mount digital rangefinder.
>>
>>2778555
>if the revived Zenit make an "affordable" M mount digital rangefinder

Why hasn't someone already done that?
It's not that difficult.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.