[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get perfect manual focus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
For me personally, it's hard to focus on the eyes when doing portraits or when photographing other things, where you have to work precisely. Therefore I often don't use the viewfinder and use the live view by zooming in.

How did you get yourself to do perfectly focused photos? Is it just practice? Is anyone else using the live view instead of the viewfinder sometimes?
>>
Live view, Focus Confirm
>>
Practice and getting good in estimating distances
>>
>>2774348
split prism focusing screen (film) or focus peaking (digital)
>>
Thank you for your replies

>>2774356
I have a DSLR, so focus peaking i guess (I'm not that informed about English technical terms, sorry).

>>2774354
That's more or less how I work at the moment. Is it awkward or are there many people doing it?

>>2774355
Pity, that I don't have much time for much practise at the moment. I hope to manage it soon
>>
>>2774372
Ok I'll keep that in mind. Thank you
>>
>>2774348
>Buy a Sony MILC
>Set C1 button beside shutter to focus magnification
>Hit button twice, focus, hit shutter.
>NEVER miss focus
>>
>>2774375
It's not awkward. Why would it be? Focus is a precision thing.
>>
>>2774380
>>2774379
Ok thank you guys! :)
>>
>>2774348
If you have anything below a high-end full frame body, don't beat yourself that you can't manual focus. The viewfinder is ridiculously small in most DSLRs.

Try to find if your camera has a digital rangefinder thing in the settings. It shows a bar in the viewfinder that indicates which direction you should turn the focus ring so that the center AF point is perfectly sharp. Focus and recompose, and bang, perfectly sharp.

Zoomed in Live View works too.
>>
>>2774458
Thank you! This works well :)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.