[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in need of help, i have no idea what to do. Next w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2
File: help.jpg (105 KB, 872x493) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
105 KB, 872x493
I'm in need of help, i have no idea what to do.

Next week i have the joy of getting to watch a rocket launch, on my fucking birthday (24th).

I am beyond excited but no idea what lens to bring, have any of yall done this?

Its going to be at 6:45PM and will launch 4 miles away from where i will be standing. (LC-39 Observation Gantry)

My friend has a electronic cannon adapter, so i plan on renting a nice lens, but no idea what to get.

>hes also lending me an F4 200m with an x2 adapter (old m42 lens)
>found cannon 70-200m f2.8 $14/day
>found sigma 50-500mm f4.5-6.3 $18/day

should i get the cannon and also rent one of those x2 adapters? (does that even work like i think it does)

I dont want to get like retarded close though, i want to be able to still shoot an artiscily pleasing shot.

If it was a day shoot i probably wouldn't even be asking, i just want to be able to get nice sharp images, no idea if the f6 is going to mean shit once they light the candle, or if i need a faster lens. If im lucky i might even be able to borrow his fullframe instead of using my sony (or ill just be a faggot and setup like 4 cameras)

>no one locally rents the sony lenses
bastards

Here's a video shot on an iphone to give you an idea of what i'll be seeing (supposedly 35mm equiv) (not mine obviously)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHaO_XZq5g8

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width872
Image Height493
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2016:02:17 13:17:38
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width872
Image Height493
>>
i think teleconverters only work on primes, also
>renting lenses
>>
>>2771327
You don't need to worry about the launch, other people will cover that better than you could. Take pictures of the people around you as they're awestruck at the majesty of human achievement.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2006:07:25 13:39:16
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3000
Image Height1714
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.