[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /p/ the only community on the internet that uses the term
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: th.jpg (10 KB, 217x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10 KB, 217x300
Is /p/ the only community on the internet that uses the term 'snapshit'

I can't find any other trace of it.

I don't even know if this concept exists outside of /p/. It indicates an incredible cynicism and bitter outlook
>>
Yeah, snapshit is ours. Gearfag is too.
>>
>>2768509
Snapshot=snapshit

It's kinda like hearing a really, really religious person saying "Gosh" or "shoot". They mean the exact same thing as saying "fuck" or "shit", but they don't use those naughty words.
>>
>>2768516
adding fag as a suffix is a common 4chanism though

snapshit is an entirely unique creation
>>
>>2768517
You couldn't be more wrong. It's a derogatory term for any picture you don't like which attempts to invalidate anything the photographer was trying to do or any effort they may or may not have put in.
>>
>>2768517
no.

>>2768509
>It indicates an incredible cynicism and bitter outlook

if anything it shows awareness and an optimistic outlook. when you say snapshit, you say that there are also good shots awaiting, that they exist. if you dont do that distinction you end in the shitpool where everything is art and every snapshit is valuable aka. the end of civilization.
>>
>>2768520
>It's a derogatory term for any picture you don't like which attempts to invalidate anything the photographer was trying to do or any effort they may or may not have put in.

you must be a snapshitter supreme.
>>
>>2768524
this is the demographic that invented and uses the term - the anonymous shitposter who never posts any pictures himself and probably doesn't even take many

it discourages people from posting anything and causes a lower quality community

this is why shitposting, memes, gearfagging, etc is on the rise.
>>
>>2768520
>implying "snapshot" is not used in literally the exact same way
>>
>>2768520

>someone called my photo a snapshit one time

poor you. it really just refers to a photo with no apparent effort.

Effort is king here on /p/. That's why we love Alex Burke, because even if he revels in cliche landscape photos that thousands of other CO photographers take, he gets his ass out there into the wilderness with a heavy, expensive camera format. He puts a fuckton of effort into his work. d? The guy who trekked all over South America, got a camera stolen, and then moved to Japan with no money and no friends on a lark? Widely admired. Conversely, we tell the kid who just walked around his backyard with a camera to get out and shoot. We tell the guy who is shamelessly aping a basic Strobist 101 setup to try more and git gud. If we see a lazy photo that required no mental effort and little physical effort besides holding the camera, we call it a snapshit.
>>
>>2768527
>the anonymous shitposter

oh and what would you be, "the anonymous smartposter"?

snapshit as a concept was a bless when i started photographing, because it showed me that no matter the amount of hours or love you have for a picture of yours, sometimes its just a piece of trash with no value and you have accept that fact and move on.

of course fragile and special snowflakes like you feel abused by the mere existence of that term and what implies.
>>
>>2768535
>Alex Burke, because even if he revels in cliche landscape photos

he makes the best looking cliches ever, dont downplay that fact.
>>
>>2768535
>i shitpost everyone except 3 people who are literal photographers and shoot every day for their occupation

sounds to me like /p/ is just mad that good hobbyists can shoot 99% as well as pros

lots of time photos from famous photographers get posted, blown the fuck up by /p/ calling them shit, and then someone posts "lmao <pro photographer xyz> shot this"

there's nothing wrong with calling a bad photo in a dedicated thread a snapshit, but shitposters just spew it at anything that isn't perfect, even in the entry level threads for newbies

said shitposters of course never, ever - EVER post their own photos. fuck, some of them probably don't even have cameras
>>
>>2768538
>i am so addicted to 4chanian shitposting i must bring it to /p/

your response to 99% of photos is:

>pure shit garbage 0/10 kill yourself
this is literally /v/ tier mentality
>>
>>2768535
what the fuck is a CO photographer
>>
>>2768543
>here I project all kinds of motives on others
Get your head out of your ass guy.
>>2768547
Colorado. Do you not know your fucking postal abbreviations? I mean yeah, it's ok to get the M states mixed up, but CO? I mean hell, he even capitalized both letters and didn't use a period.
>>
>>2768547

Colorado.

You know how the Los Angeles photography scene is just a bunch of glamour shots of models on the beach, and how New York has a fuckton of street photography? Colorado is like that, but with landscape photographers instead.
>>
>>2768551
>>2768558
no fucking shit i know Colorado but it makes zero sense in context

do you fucking think only Colorado has landscape?

it's not like photography isn't chock full of acronyms nobody outside photography ever used, that was way more plausible then you picked some shitty no name state as an example
>>
Ah got it, so you're not all just bitter shitposters, it's also partially a huge circlejerk over a few names (like Burke) and probably faction wars between people who like photographer X/camera mfg A and people who like photographer Y/camera mfg B
>>
>burke = large format film

not surprised in the slightest. fits 4chan's typical contrarian shitposting style
>>
>>2768546
>this is literally /v/ tier mentality

we never talk about other boards here. you must be the "4channer addict" in this thread, m8.
>>
File: cat approves.jpg (38 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
cat approves.jpg
38 KB, 540x960
>>2768559
haha, calm down m8
wonderful to see how upset people can get for the most retarded stuff
>>
>>2768572
m8 if you just want /p/ to turn into a typical 4chan meme and shitposting community i'm happy to throw down

i'm just mad because /p/ is the only community on 4chan ive ever seen that is decent. i'd prefer it to stay decent but if it's gonna get drug into the mud i'll just shitpost about photography instead of being constructive about it
>>
>>2768574
don't worry about it dude it's just this one retard that posts /b/tier shit every fucking day
>>
>>2768576
yeah but /p/ is a small, slow community

even on fast boards, all it takes is like 1-3 shitposters to completely destroy a thread

it wouldn't take much to ruin /p/

t. shitposting pro
>>
>>2768580
yeah

i don't have any solutions other than reporting or signing up for janitor duty next time it rolls round
>>
File: cat approves.jpg (37 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
cat approves.jpg
37 KB, 480x516
>>2768574
what?
you got buttmad because you didn't realize he was talking about Colorado, which was obvious even to me, a non-american.
is making generalizations about different locales having specific shooting styles dragging the board into the mud?
>>
>>2768565

The few names were an example, retard. Anyone who shows effort behind their photographs probably won't have them called snapshits.
>>
I've seen and heard plenty of people use "snapshit" outside /p/.
Lately they're mostly referring to Snapchat.
Why was that thread deleted anyway?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.