[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HDR of fucking sports bar packed with people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: hahahdr.jpg (82 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
hahahdr.jpg
82 KB, 600x431
So this darling client of mine is insisting of getting me to do an HDR photo of their new venue, packed full of pissed people, at 10pm on a Saturday. I've always steered clear of HDR, mainly due to the notorious clown-vomit you see splattered around online; I've always preferred to use ND grads (the bulk of my work comes from real estate).
So is this going to involve a week of masking in every fucking person in the shot, or is there a more effective way of doing this (HDR of moving subjects at night)
>>
File: Unknown-9.jpg (120 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-9.jpg
120 KB, 650x433
>>2768365
take a normal picture and just put an "HDR effect" in it. Don't tell the John.

Pic related. I did it in 2 min using some random online picture editor, you can do something similar in a better way using LR or w/
>>
File: 4-happy-people-at-the-Bar-full.jpg (94 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
4-happy-people-at-the-Bar-full.jpg
94 KB, 650x433
>>2768392

original pic
>>
>>2768365
Can't you fake an hdr effect with a raw image? Just mix 2-3 versions of the same pic with different exposure settings and he'll be happy
>>
>>2768852
not possible with all the people moving around

good camera should have enough dr in one raw for hdr-toning that looks hdr enough for a normie though
>>
install magiclantern on your canon, set to bracket, reshoot
>>
>>2768365

fire the client, simple
>>
>>2768854
Oh yeah I was assuming you had nice gear, what camera will you use? Anyway someone retarded enough to make such request will surely not give a fuck about noise, just make it look like everyone is made of metal and he'll be pleased
>>
Use some ND's, set up tripod and 30s exposure. Packed bar turns into slightly less packed (or completely empty) bar.
>>
Just bracket at a high iso or something.
>>
File: 01-woman-embarrassed-lgn.jpg (32 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
01-woman-embarrassed-lgn.jpg
32 KB, 375x500
>>2768392
>>2768365
YES! Been a while since we had a good laugh thread. New comp. Gonna save all I can itt.

I can't remember the exact video but I remember a review where the girl host referred to HDR as "highly dope rendering"

toppest kek
>>
Step one: Camera on Tripod
Step two: HDR empty bar
Step three: Photograph with people in the bar.
Editing: Process the empty bar, then tonemap the image with the people. Stack images in PS. Paint in the people using masks

OR - Set up 2 cameras in nearidentical position. Take two shots at same time, different exposures (split the difference between shutter speed and aperture). Use RAW editing to create 2 exposures from each image. HDR it.
>>
>>2768365
Just develop the same raw file 2 or three times with different exposure settings, blend in Photoshop.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.