[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Searching for a Wedding Photographer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o273smvKah1raihm7o1_1280.jpg (202 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o273smvKah1raihm7o1_1280.jpg
202 KB, 800x1066
Hey /p/, I'm getting married in a little more than a year and am currently looking into finding a photographer.
I know a lot of you have shot weddings in the past and was wondering what type of things I should look for, questions to ask, and things to be weary of.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareVeprIT Resize Sense
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width800
Image Height1066
>>
>>2768019
LOOK AT PORTFOLIOS
I can't stress this enough, look at their fucking prior work. Any photog worth their salt will also have at least one full example package that they can show off and maybe even a proof book that they'll let you look through.

Talk to prior couples that they've worked with.

Make sure to nail down what the pricing will be for whatever combination of days shooting (gonna do pictures the day before? what about rehersal dinner? or just do them all on the day of? If the day of will your stuff be set up to where they can get pictures before it starts getting used) you'll be doing and what kind of considerations that they need to get the kinds of shots you want...talk with them about the venue you'll be using (likely they'll know what kind of restrictions are in place -- and some venues are horrible to photographers). Are you also looking for them to do videography as well?

The long and short is look over as much of their work as you can find, talk to as many prior clients as possible, and try to get nailed down as much of the pricing as possible (which if they are evasive about, that's a flag).

Beyond that, you get what you pay for. If you want Modern Bridal level pictures, you could easily be talking well into six figures and it'll be a pain in everyone's ass. Depending on where you're at...good to ok photo only could be between $1500-$5000.
>>
I'm sure some people are gonna disagree with me on this, but -
don't let the photographs get in the way of your wedding. Candid shots make a better memory than some over-arranged portrait of a bride dressed in rented dress.

Plus you're gonna end up divorced anyway, so why even care.
>>
I get the feeling that the price of wedding photography has come down over the past 5-15 years due to competition

I also get the feeling that some on /p/ are butthurt about this because they relied on it as a source of income.

I also get the feeling /p/ is passive aggressive and tries to justify people paying 3-10x as much for marginally better shots that 99% of people won't even recognize as better.
>>
Is it a big red flag to have a potential photographer claim that they'll deliver around 1500-2000 edited for a six hour shoot?
I've had two different photographers give me such numbers recently but wasn't sure if that's too many or not enough care is being used in composition.
>>
>>2770770
no, that is a normal amount for a photog to take over the course of a wedding. (not sure about 6 hours, that sounds wrong)

HOWEVER

what the fucking fuck are you going to do with 2000 photos?????

those photogs are retards and you will be stuck with 1700 shapshits
>>
>>2768814
I'd go along with this but I know a lot of people just want a handful of posed set-piece shots.
I basically want a street photographer at my wedding.
>>
>>2770780
> you will be stuck with 1700 shapshits

This.

I have no idea how many shots the photoguy actually took during last wedding I was attending, but IIRC the guy ended up delivering about ~150-200 in total to the bridal couple.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.