[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
70D vs 6D VS 5DmkII I'm changing my gear and want opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 15798639817_aafa859910.jpg (76 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
15798639817_aafa859910.jpg
76 KB, 500x334
the 5Dmk lll is out of the question because: >poorfag
>>
>>2766790

D700
>>
I think I'd take the 6D, the 5DII's sensor is getting pretty long in the tooth, and the 70D is crop.
>>
>>2766790
6D if you don't plan on taking lots of action shots, 70D if you do. See if you can put a nice 7DMkII in your budget because it is even better.
6D is awesome on high ISO and a beast for landscape, nightscape and basically anything in low-light. If the subject movement is not that big (not jumping around, nicely predictable) than it can track it just fine.
>>
>>2766804
ill be using it mostly for studio (fashion and stock) and for shooting video from time to time, didn't think about the 7Dmkll thou
>>
>>2766811
Get the 6D then, it will have the cleanest images for stock, and the classic AF arrangement doesn't matter in the studio.
>>
>>2766790
I have a 5D mk2 and it's a great camera.

That said, I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you can find a used one for pretty cheap. It's just really dated. Compact Flash cards are annoying for one thing. The low light and high ISO performance isn't great and the autofocus is kind of fishy sometimes..

Definitely not worth $1000+ in my mind.
>>
>>2766811
>and for shooting video from time to time
the 6D really badly sucks for video. THe problem is, due to lineskipping and the lack of antialiasing filtration the 6D has actually the worst moiré and aliasing amongst all the Canon cams.
See: http://petapixel.com/2013/01/04/test-shows-the-canon-6d-suffers-from-way-more-moire-than-the-5d-mark-iii/

I freaking hate this during video, but if it's ok with you - or really seldom use it - then go for it, it should be a nice cam.
But then - why not get an alpha6000? With an adapter you can use your canon glass if you don't mind manual focusing / changing your lenses. Also is 24 megapixels and takes decent video.
>>
>>2766811
I'd say 70D because of the video.

The 6D gives you full frame, but for studio work, the only significant difference between full frame and crop is depth of field and you shouldn't really be using ultra thin depth of field in studio anyway.

70D does really well at video though, magic lantern is now working for the 70D, and the flippy screen makes shooting massively easier.
>>
>>2766790
How about a nice Sony camera?
>>
>>2766921
Oh yeah, the 6D is literally a Rebel with a full frame sensor, so build quality is kinda mehish (if you pick up and hold each of these bodies you'll definitely notice a difference).

The 70D at least has a semi-metal body and is kinda sorta weather sealed. (they said it was just as weather resistant as one of the early 35mm 1D bodies, but no one knows exactly what that means).

If you use autofocus on video, it's also got phase detection AF and AF speed is slowed during video shooting for a more natural transition.

I'd buy my 70D again.
>>
>>2766926
As someone who's owned both the 70d and the 6d, the 6d feels better in build quality. The 6D has a partial magnesium alloy body with plastic on the top. (for the wifi features, supposedly, and probably to save on material cost.) and is supposed to have similar weather sealing to the original 7D I think. The 70D is all plastic and has some weather sealing like you said but it's vague as to how much. It is nice to have the tilting touchscreen and autofocus on video though, if you're into that.

If you're getting a camera mostly for video however, I'd go for a different system entirely (sony or panasonic)
>>
>>2766940
My bad, you're right. I had them backwards for some reason.
>>
>>2766923
Im very temted for the a6300 and the 7r but I have 3 lenses for canon already
>>
File: DrugDealer.jpg (84 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
DrugDealer.jpg
84 KB, 800x531
>>2766923
>this anon
>>
>>2766989
btw. no photoshop, literally the second picture on google images under "drug dealer" is a guy selling a power shot G3..
>>
>>2766964
It's very easy to sell Canon stuff. Just flip them. Get out while you still can, that's what I did. Doesn't even have to be Sony, could be Nikon or Fuji.
>>
You probably don't need a change of gear.
>>
>>2766790
a7 ii
>>
>>2767019
wrong.
just buy an electronic adapter and use it on the a6300, a7ii or a7rii with pdaf.
you can get a yongnuo adapter for cheap.
>>
>>2767043
This. No sense in throwing away money on old tech.

>>2767046
Seconded.
>>
>>2767055
using an adapter will still confirm the focus point? also, what about the AF (in case of weddings)
>>
ok so after doing some research, it looks like the sony a7 is maybe as good (or even better) than the canon 6d, and cost almost half of it, so i guess im moving to sony and see how it goes , thanks!
>>
>>2767161
I know someone with an A7Rii and a metabones adapter. AF is dodgy and slow.

It's an AMAZING camera but you really need E-Mount lenses to actually get the full experience.
>>
would the 6d be the best for landscape?
or would getting a 5Ds be even better?
>>
Sony mirrorless shills are still out in full force

reminder that mirrorless memers cannot into high end photography like sports or wildlife.

literally cucked of the cream of the crop of photography.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.