[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /p/ store and organize their gear? I just rearranged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: DSC_6051-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg (175 KB, 1000x760) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6051-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
175 KB, 1000x760
How does /p/ store and organize their gear?

I just rearranged my place and figured I'd show mine and see how other anons do it.

Top shelf is empty bags. The bottom visible one is my preloaded "go bags," one for my DSLR kit and one for my Hassy. The middle shelf is loose lenses and my camcorder, a couple of classics, and that big thing behind is the Epson R2880 that I don't have a good permanent spot for. Accessories, cleaning stuff, bag dividers, chargers, and the like go in the plastic drawers on the left.

If anybody's wondering, by the way, the fabric on the wall is covering a vent, my room is a small rental apartment behind a house, without its own climate controls, and when the people who live in the house put the heat on, it gets insanely hot in here without something to block some of the airflow. The big knife is a WWI bayonet that a friend gave me. (Actually the same guy I got the F2 from.)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D610
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:11 15:24:06
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length35.00 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Thinly veiled gearfag brag/showoff thread mk. II: Now with even thinner veil.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 583x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 583x562
Underrated thread.

>context: The atmosphere is comprised of nitrogen, oxygen and fungi spores. They are in your grandmothers' lungs, in the oval office and in your asscrack. They are everywhere, they cannot be killed, and with the presence of moisture they will advance to stage two: Actual fungi or mold.

Basically I stored all my stuff in a cupboard in a damp room, didn't photo for a while, then came back and there was fungi on each side of each lens. So I put them in the sun to kill the growths, but there are still spores about waiting for that humidity to strike again.

Now I keep my gear in a backpack, in a dryer room, ready for instant deployment.

CommentScreenshot
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width583
Image Height562
>>
>>2766556
>The middle shelf is loose lenses and my camcorder

You must like dust. At least get some cheap plastic tubs with lids.
>>
Isn't keeping lenses in your bag a bad idea because fungus likes the dark?

I keep everything in clear plastic containers with the lids on, each of which has a pack of silica in it.

Can you put any packs of silica in the oven to dry then or, or only certain ones?
>>
>>2767131
>Isn't keeping lenses in your bag a bad idea because fungus likes the dark?
Fungus doesn't like dark. Fungus likes wet. Dark tends to not dry out as fast as brightly lit.
>>
>>2767137
>>2767131
Oh, I also wouldn't use anything that tightly sealed with or without desiccants. Once the desiccants become saturated, they become a source of humidity, so if you're not changing them periodically, you're just subjecting your lenses to more moisture.

Unless you're talking about a damp basement, you're generally much better off just keeping them somewhere that air can get to them.
>>
File: 15.jpg (3 MB, 3441x2278) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
3 MB, 3441x2278
It just sorta lies around :^)
>>
I live in the tropics. I keep most of my stuff next to a window so the sun bakes everything and keeps the fungus at bay.
>>
File: 1454894217918.gif (3 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1454894217918.gif
3 MB, 360x360
I store my shit in a huge ass pelican case chained to my studio.
>>
>>2768713

...I don't watch soccer, wtf is going on here?
>>
>>2768715
I honestly have no idea. I don't watch soccer either.
>>
>>2768715
Someone sneezed about five feet away from him.
>>
>>2768715
They cool the ass with dry ice after >>2768718 happened.
It kills the pain-
>>
File: IMG_1439[1].jpg (2 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1439[1].jpg
2 MB, 3456x2304
>>2766556
To hell with the lenses, clean that bayonet, senpai.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Firmware VersionFirmware 1.0.3
Owner Nameunknown
Serial Number0420209152
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:02:14 17:02:04
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/inf
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3456
Image Height2304
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessNormal
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeManual
Drive ModeContinuous
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceFluorescent
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed192
Camera Actuations-1719336801
Color Matrix0
>>
>>2768729
It's actually clean and oiled. Anything more would destroy the patina that a century has left on it.

>>2766883
I keep the stuff that only comes out rarely in drawers for just that reason. I use the stuff on the middle shelf enough that dust doesn't really have time to build up, and they have caps to protect them from the worst of it.

>>2767131
>>2767137
>>2767141
Fortunately, I live in a quite dry climate (SoCal), so fungus is pretty much a non-issue.
>>
>>2768736
>It's actually clean and oiled

The grip looks dry.
Is that leather they put on the handle?
Is that a kraut or an American model?
>>
>>2768751
It's a British Enfield bayonet, made in 1918. Originally it would have been quite a bit longer, but at some point it was cut down to its current length, which apparently was quite common after the war.

The grip is two slabs of wood sandwiching a full tang. The wood is heavily worn, and what you're seeing is areas of different wear.
>>
File: 135593160963.png (51 KB, 181x201) Image search: [Google]
135593160963.png
51 KB, 181x201
>>2768718
>>
>>2768783
>tfw sandwiching ur moms full 'tang
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.