[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, This is my first camera ever, dont be harsh. I try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12
File: DSC_0968-min.jpg (2 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0968-min.jpg
2 MB, 6000x4000
Hey guys,

This is my first camera ever, dont be harsh. I try to operate it fully manual or on priority modes. Rate my shots, constructive feedback please. These are un-edited because I really dont know what to do when Im editing photos. I just don't. I wonder what you all have to say about the pics I'm about to dump.
>>
File: DSC_0951-min.jpg (1 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0951-min.jpg
1 MB, 6000x4000
>>
File: DSC_0764-min.jpg (1 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0764-min.jpg
1 MB, 6000x4000
>>
File: DSC_0750-min.jpg (1 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0750-min.jpg
1 MB, 6000x4000
>>
File: DSC_0715-min.jpg (3 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0715-min.jpg
3 MB, 6000x4000
>>
File: DSC_0698-min.jpg (2 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0698-min.jpg
2 MB, 6000x4000
>>
File: DSC_0684-min.jpg (2 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0684-min.jpg
2 MB, 6000x4000
>>
File: DSC_0571-min.jpg (1 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0571-min.jpg
1 MB, 6000x4000
>>
File: DSC_0349-min.jpg (696 KB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0349-min.jpg
696 KB, 6000x4000
second to last one
>>
File: DSC_0085-min.jpg (2 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0085-min.jpg
2 MB, 6000x4000
Last one, I look forward to feedback.
>>
Not sure how you managed to do it, but watching these images load, first b&w and then the chroma channels one after another is really interesting.
>>
Why the fuck do your photos first load in black and white before being coloured. Weird.

And you should resize them before posted them here. 1000px on the longest side or smaller than 1mb if it has to be large.

The photo's just seem like snapshits desu. But you don't seem shy to take pictures of people. Would be great if you did more of that, not many dare that.

>>2765227
This one is nice though. Great focus on the fish.

Leuk om Amsterdam te zien hier.

>>2765250
It's a slow board. Bump your thread after 12-24 hours or so.
>>
>>2765227
I like this one.
>>
>>2765252
Yeah i thought it was my computer fucking up.
>>
>>2765253
>>2765252
I was wondering the same thing, it might be the compresser. I dont even remember which one I used.
>>
>>2765215
Why the fuck did you take this picture? What is the thought behind it? I could be walking down any random boring ass street, close my eyes, pull out my phone, and snap this fucking picture. There appears to be zero thought behind content or execution. It's a shitty shot of nothing.
>>
Something just seems off about the framing of most of these. Like you didnt really put much thought into how the image would look as a whole.

Fish one is the best, but most of these are fairly uninteresting.

I dont get why noobs feel the need to make entire threads about themselves instead of just using the recent photo thread. Making a thread of your own photos should be limited to people with skills, or a group of photos from an interesting vacation or event or something.
>>
>>2765253
Not op, I'm kinda shy, how do I avoid being knife'd by people who think I'm stealing their souls?
>>
>>2765325
No idea. I'm socially retarded even for /r9k/ standards.
>>
>>2765319
I didnt know there were such threads.
Could you give an concrete example of one picture and tell what wouldve been a better composition?
>>
>>2765325
Telephoto lens in a crowded area always works for me
>>
>>2765366
Makes your photos have a stalker quality.

Either ask if you can take their photo (street portraits) or take a photo and if they say something give them a thumbs up and say "Thanks!"

Most people make it out to be a bigger deal than it is.
>>
>>2765507
>Makes your photos have a stalker quality.
No it doesn't, you're just parroting a stupid myth perpetuated by "street" photography zealots who get butt hurt when people take pictures that don't meet their narrow criteria
>>
>>2765231
In a shot like this, keeping the camera still is absolutely essential. Did you use a tripod?

If so: Use a 2s timer, or better yet, a remote shutter, because actually pressing the shutter release on the camera causes shaking, which fucks the lighting in the background.

If not: Take the time to find a good place to set your camera and take the shot. I use a bean-bag to turn anything into a surface, and I use a rubber lens hood to keep my camera standing up when set down.

Apart from this pictures, it really seems like you put some effort into actually learning how to shoot prior to taking the camera out....instead of just going out, taking some shit shots in manual only to switch to iAuto. Props.
>>
>>2765947
I didn't have a tripod at the time. I remember that I tried this shot over and over again.

I learned a lot about photography, but desu there is nothing so hard about adjusting settings on the right pinpoint of your frame untill the lightmeter is balanced.

The one thing I didn't think about, was framing. I've looked it up but after a lot of info I can't seem to find something precise about the framing on my pictures. I can agree the one with the blue and white 'tram' has an off framing. I wanted the picture to say "this is Amsterdam".
>>
>>2765906
no really, have you ever seen that iggy guy or whatever his name is post his pictures? Telephoto and street really has that creeper vibe to it
>>
>>2765215
aside from the boring composition, the light is very unattractive. there's just such a huge wedge of darkness with no compositional value.

>>2765216
kinda neat i guess but nothing i'd take a second look at
i'd tighten the focus, cut out the pointless space, and take a different angle. imagine shooting near ground level directly at these people, totally surrounded by their artwork. everything around them is otherwise boring.

>>2765217
this is better because the leading lines are attractive though it's a sort of bland scene. really doesn't have much to make it pop.

>>2765218
if you want to highlight the car you've gotta go with the widest aperture possible because that background is distracting and bad

>>2765220
again it's not interesting. there's no hook.

>>2765221
highlights are obliterated. if they weren't, those flags on top of the house could help bring it all together. would try reshooting this at a different time of day with a different sky. if you could regain the detail on the trees and flags there might be something there. would highly prefer the van not be there because it ruins the mood.

>>2765224
lighting is better than a lot of the other photos, there's a lot of potentially cool lines, but again the scene doesn't do anything for me

>>2765227
this is great though the fish looks just a little soft. the color and bokeh is wonderful.

>>2765229
i'd consider some fill flash here.

>>2765231
listen to the other anon
>>
>>2765978
Thanks a lot for this critique! I appreciate it.
>>
File: IMG_5696.jpg (242 KB, 950x725) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5696.jpg
242 KB, 950x725
>>2765976
Does it, senpai?
>>
>>2765252
>being on dial-up

jk, I only managed 1/10 before it changed to color ;/
>>
>>2766208
Did you mean to post this in the self portrait thread?
>>
File: fibonaccispiral.jpg (12 KB, 535x338) Image search: [Google]
fibonaccispiral.jpg
12 KB, 535x338
>>2765325
Do the same thing OP did:

1. say you are shit, ask for people to help you improve

otherwise people assume you know what you are doing.

2. Learn to ignore bad criticism ; I give it all the time to make myself feel better about my own skills
realze most people on here are armchair photographers and geargays , not people who you actually have to answer to.
>>
>>2765976
Yeah, especially when so many of the subjects are smiling and waving at the camera in terror.
>>
>>2765337
Sorry, I just saw this. The example i'll use is your first one here >>2765215
since I think it's the worst.

First of all you have about 1/6 of a building on the far right hand side which doesnt have anything to do with the rest of the photo. You get almost to its roofline but not quite. Nothing of value with regard to this building is being displayed.

You have just one of those sidewalk posts in thr immediate foreground. It's distracting, it's not centered, you cant see all of it, there is no reason for it to be there.

The swath of light cutting across the photo has an interesting angle to it, but it ultimately leaves about 2/3 of your photo in the dark. I feel like im wearing an eyepatch on my left eye and while there might be a reason to do this in some photos, I simply dont see why you'd bother taking a picture of that here.

There are streetlights and sidewalk posts and signs and bus stops and all kinds of shit randomly scattered around, none of it is arranged in an aesthetically pleasing manner.

In sum, it just looks like you were walking in some town and took a photo. I tried to think of what you could have done ro improve the composition but all I can come up with is "dont bother taking this photograph."
>>
>>2765215
best tip anyone can tell you is don't take pictures as if your just walking around an taking a snap the you see something interesting, interact with your environment, get up close and observe all angles. don't just walk by take a snap or two and keep going
>>
>>2766365
That's a great tip anon. Thanks :)
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.