[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this camera will be as good as let's say 5DMkIII?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 12
File: ff.jpg (215 KB, 931x609) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
215 KB, 931x609
Do you think this camera will be as good as let's say 5DMkIII?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Width931
Image Height609
>>
>>2764448
Who cares, sony will release a new A7 which will make these hunks of metal obsolete.
>>
>>2764448
It will probably be a lot better in some ways, and a lot worse in others. It will depend on your usage, your lens budget, your needs, etc. At will almost assuredly have better raw image quality.
>>
File: I-want-to-believe-poster.jpg (41 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
I-want-to-believe-poster.jpg
41 KB, 600x750
>>2764448
Pentax has been feeding you with "FF soon! So very soon!" for years now, and you idiots still keep falling for it.

Hell, even if they do finally release a FF camera, it will have no lens system to speak of, unless you're one of those hipsters who put banged-up old takumars on a multi-thousand dollar camera and call it art.
>>
>>2764448
>>2764450
this will be the smallest FF dslr, not much bigger than the k3.
I've heard a rumor:
>36mp Sony Sensor + advanced dynamic range
>2200$ with 28-105 3.5-5.6 kit
>5-axis in-body stabilization
>crop mode
>GPS
>weather-sealing etc.
>>
>>2764514
With specs like that Sony has nothing to worry about, specially since it's not a real camera.
>>
>>2764518
It will have the biggest OVF in FF dslr and better battery life than a mirrorless.
It will be a solid bang for the buck.

I don't think it is designed to become the market-leading product.
Pentax is writing black numbers, don't know if Sony's camera section does.
>>
>>2764489
>it will have no lens system to speak of

Unless you count, oh, I don't know, every single lens Pentax ever made for their film cameras. Which, by the way, would make it probably the most complete lens system in existence, you fuckwit.
>>
>>2764794
autofocus? Fast zooms?
>>
My guess is that it'll be a 6D/D600 competitor, which honestly isn't a bad tactic. Pentax knows pros aren't gonna jump ship from Nikon and Canon off the bat, so it's a good idea to court the "prosumers" who want FF but in a small, affordable package.
>>
>>2764514
If that's all true I'm going to get it.

Buy a 28 mm and 85 mm prime and call it a day.
>>
>>2764796
Who needs auto focus.
>>
>>2764801
A year ago, it was
>who needs full frame
so we'll see.
>>
>>2764800
You should really get an A7-- as its a better buy and more technically capable. I don't think Pentax can compete or offers anything worthwhile.
>>
>>2764514
sheeeiit that would be sweet. I just got a K-3 for Christmas, and will be graduating this semester, hopefully finding a sweet job so I can afford to feed my photography habit. When I start making that good money I'm definitely picking one up, along with the newer 150-450 and older FA* 600mm for wildlife, and keeping my K-3 for the crop factor. hopefully has a nice burst rate.
>>
>>2764805
>p-p-p-please validate my Sony purchase by telling me it's better than a non existent competitor I know nothing about

You can always count on Sony users.
>>
>>2764805
Sony fag pls go
>>
>>2764810
So you're saying this is a non existent product yet you are posting specs. I'm not validating my purchase I'm just suggesting a better alternative instead of squandering money. I dunno man, you need to be a little less defensive
>>
>>2764805
>more technically capable
>my K-3 has a higher burst rate and cost $650
not everyone uses their camera to do the same shit. 5 fps isnt quite there for wildlife shooting even on a $3k 7r ii
>>
>>2764816
You are comparing aps-crap to full frame.
>>
>>2764817
>le full frame meme
>i can capture better images because im taking pictures when your ff camera cant because i can shoot 2/3 faster than you
you said "technically capable" but as with everything that's relative to what the user needs. why would anyone pay 3K for a camera when they could pay less for something that fits their needs better?
>>
>>2764820
Poorfags find it easy to spew out lame excuses as to why they chose crap cameras. The whole "I'm a 'pro' who switched to mft" meme was the start of this shitty logic. Now that mirrorless went full frame with Sony you fags won't support it. And it took Sony to figure out that people weren't choosing shitty subpar mirrorless cameras because they were good but because they were cheap.

It doesn't suite your needs, feel down you want more but can't afford it.
>>
>>2764823
>Now that mirrorless went full frame with Sony you fags won't support it

The whole appeal of mirrorless was small cameras and lenses. Lenses built specifically for the APS-C sensors of the mirrorless cameras.

With the Sony A7, once you add the lenses, it's basically the same size as a FF DSLR, except Sony has incredibly shitty yet expensive lens selection. No thanks.
>>
>>2764824
G master lenses are shit? Blow it out your ass.
>>
>>2764823
you're really stupid. if i wanted to spend 3k+ on a camera it would never be a sony. how fucking retarded are you that you dont understand there are people that need much better performance than 5 fps continuous shooting? you're a shit troll and should take some pictures instead of shitposting like a fucking retard
>>
>>2764824
>Zeiss glass
>bad

Expensive? Maybe if you're poor. I guess that's why you own a Pentax.
>>
>>2764833
>>Zeiss glass
>>bad
yes, because zeis doesnt make glass for pentax or any other mount besides your shit sony
>>
>>2764833
>>2764828

First the Fuji thread and now this.

Will Sony faggots ever stop taking every opportunity to talk about their cameras and actually go outside and take pictures?
>>
>>2764842
Will you idiots ever stop buying shit cameras?
>>
>>2764842
They don't get paid for that.
>>
>>2764845
You mean to say making a Pentax shill thread doesn't pay ?
>>
>muh wild life photography

Who wants to see a shitty picture of a duck or a deer that's been done to death already?
>>
>>2764796
i can't comment on zooms but yeah they have FF autofocus lenses
>>
>>2764849
Pentax autofocus slow tho. Not good for wild life photography or sports.
>>
File: IMGP4134-2.jpg (355 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4134-2.jpg
355 KB, 1000x665
>>2764848
>muh artistic merit
some people like to be outside and dont give a fuck about what some art school dropout think of their photos
and it's not like you cant get interesting shots

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)450 mm
Horizontal Resolution99999999 dpi
Vertical Resolution99999999 dpi
Image Created2016:02:02 18:20:57
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length300.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
File: IMGP5801.jpg (305 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5801.jpg
305 KB, 1000x665
>>2764850
it's not really slow, but it's def not the best, in terms of speed or accuracy. its not particularly bad for wildlife tho

Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Image Created2016:02:06 17:22:56
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length300.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2764450
>>2764518
>>2764805

I want Sony dickriders to leave.
>>
> will it be as good as a 5DMkIII
No. It'll be more camera and less peripheral.
It'll be simpler and more robust with less bells and whistles, and not simply the lie that marketing uses to convince consumers that their shit tier cameras are anything like their $4000+ lolpro-tier cameras. And it wont be intentionally crippled in various areas to force users into a cycle of lol 'upgrades' every time they make a new body. Nor will it impose a completely new lens range every cycle, and the pricetag that unnecessarily adds to everything else they make.
It'll be a Pentax. Cheaper, simpler, and usually better in the way that counts to *practical* photographers.

>lens selection
Either we keep getting more of the same level of retards in here, or the same retards just never learn.

The only lenses that are not full frame are the DA series.
Every other PK mount lens made since 1975 will work (at least) as originally designed, and full frame.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_K-mount#List_of_lenses_with_any_K-mount_variant

Even much of the DA range have an image circle that results in little or no vignetting on full frame.
But everything else, be it manual or autofocus, physical aperture or electronically controlled... or both...will work to *at least* it's original design specification.
..and of course the currently in-production FA and D-FA series are FOR full frame.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_%28lens%29#D_FA_lenses
>>
>>2764805
>You should really get an A7-- as its a better buy and more technically capable
Funny how you can compare an A7 to something that isn't out yet and you know nothing about.
>>
>>2764878
you actually think the pentax has a chance? I'm curious because i want a A7Rii but a pentax wouldn't be bad if it could actually compete, i have my doubts though.
>>
>>2764884
>you actually think the pentax has a chance?
why not? the K-3 compared to a 7D or D7100 is as good or better, and cheaper
>>
You idiots. Pantecks is alpha-tier. The k5II was as good as the 5dmk3 in every way except maybe super high ISO.
>>
>>2764805
can you shoot for 3 days and 1000+ photos on a single battery charge? your small portable camera isnt so small and portable when you put a lens on and have to carry 2-3 batteries
>>
>>2764902
Yup.
On a gripped K3 driving the HSM in continuous focus mode, tracking moving subjects, on a sigma 70-200mm/2.8.. and shooting 400-1200 frames a day, I usually shoot for two days before the grip battery drops to 2/3 charge (body battery is generally still showing 100%).
At which point I usually charge both batteries at end of day.
With no flash and very little previewing I reckon i could get 3000 or 4000 frames out of two authentic batteries. Maybe more. The 3rd party batteries seem to bleed charge over a month or so, but otherwise are probably as good at delivering charge in a frequently used camera.
>>
>>2764448

Is it still going to be made in the Philippines?
>>
>>2764796
yeah they made AF 2.8 zooms man. 28-80 and 80-200, and they're releasing new 24-70 and 70-200 2.8 lenses with it.
>>
>>2764921
Pls no. Ugh.
>>
>>2764796
>AF
>fast zooms

What are F* and FA* lenses, then?

>28-70 f/2.8
>80-200 f/2.8
>85 f/1.4
>24 f/2.0

Unless you can't deal with them all being silver and not matching your camera body due to aesthetic reasons, they have you covered
>>
>>2764921
Most likely. Is that bad?
>>
>>2764940
kinda, most cameras or lenses are made in japan or germany
>>
hey, whats the appeal to pentax? i know theyre good cameras but i dont really understand why some people are so attracted to it, like how canons upside is great lenses and pretty good bodies, nikon has good bodies with great sensors and sony has great bodies and the ability to use any lens
>>
>>2764947
pentax has great sensors (as good or just slightly behind nikon), full weather sealing on all their shit, even entry level, and are cheap as fuck. K-3 is fully weather sealed, shoots 8.3 fps with 24 shot raw buffer, 60 jpg, great high ISO performance for an apsc sensor, and costs under 700 bucks. the k-3 ii has built in gps and astrotracer and pixel shift resolution for under 800
>>
>>2764956
and i think their ergonomics and body feel better in the hand than canon by miles
>>
>>2764956
sounds better than canikon products, why isnt pentacks more popular?

also how are the lenses and video?
>>
>>2764962
>why isnt pentacks more popular?

Weird lens lineup.

Stunted body selection with no options for moving into a professional segment besides dropping $12000 on a medium format system camera.
>>
>>2764962
Lack of marketing. Nikon has legacy, Canon pushed hard at the advent of the autofocus era, literally putting bodies and lenses in the hands of journalists. Pentax was neither here nor there.

I dont get why people continuously jizz about Pentax's """""full"""" lens lineup consisting solely of crop lenses, a small handful of updated full frame lenses, and a load of old lenses. Nikon does exactly the same, but their MF, screw drive AF, and ring drive AF lens lineups were all fully developed.

>b-b-but muh weather sealing
The new 70-200 is sealed, and I'm not sure which of the old KAF lenses were sealed, but either way, that works out to the same as the Nikon lens lineup. The D7100/7200 are also sealed as well as the D810.

Inb4 8.3 fps with buffer and IBIS
>>
>>2764963
>>2764984
makes sense, but most of these problems seem solvable, and that combined with the fact that pentax makes the ugliest cameras in the world makes me think that pentax has some good designers and stuff but the guys who make the big decisions are retarded
>>
>>2764984
>Pentax's """""full"""" lens lineup consisting solely of crop lenses
Seriously you don't know how to read or you lack the basic skill to comprehend the meanings. Pentax has a full lineup of FF lenses. Look up F and FA lenses for AF, A lenses for manual focus auto aperture and M for full manual FF lenses.
Pay special attention for the F* and FA* lenses.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/
>>
>>2764942
you're quite wrong actually. Even the major Japanese companies like Nikon and Canon have cameras made in places like Thailand, Taiwan, the Phillipines.
>>
>>2764942
Pentax typically manufacture in japan and assemble in thailand/philippines.
It doesn't suck.
>>
>>2765011
>ugliest cameras
a) no they aren't
b) could you be any more puerile?
>>
>>2765070
The K-01 and the KS1 are fucking putrid, I'll give him that. But apart from those two models, anon is just full of shit and desperate for attention
>>
>>2765075
The K-01 and K-S1 doesn't exist. They are the SW7 of the camera world. Non-canon (pun not intended), flashy, bringing nothing new to the lineup.
>>
>>2764514
Sounds like a d800 sans video mode and with ibis and GPS. Cheaper than an 810 too.

It probably will do ok but that sensor is 4 years old and probably won't generate a lot of excitement. Honestly I see no need for this camera at all, 24-70 and 70-200 lenses on full frame have been done to death. Pentax has been interesting for doing their own thing and not being part of the rat race up until now.
>>
>>2765120
>sans video mode
It has video mode.
Honestly I am quite enjoying all the Canikony scare and tears and the camera itself is not even out yet.
>>
>>2765123
Why would anyone be scared of a pentax full frame?

Is this camera coming out going to make my D4 useless?
>>
>>2765127
Why are you so interested in this thread if you already have a comparable camera?
Yet you are still here arguing about nothing.
>>
>>2765128
That was my first post. I just think it's weird that you would think anyone is scared or in tears because of this camera.

It's not like Pentax releasing an FF camera is going to put Canon and Nikon out of business.

And I'm reading this thread to see if there was any new info on the camera, because I am always interested to see what new stuff is on it's way.
>>
>>2765165
Don't you think Pentax is releasing a FF camera because the lineup is missing one? Nobody but the little voices in your head said it will put Canon and Nikon out of business.
So be more reasonable and shut the fuck up! It will be another FF camera, that's it, end of story.
Or do you want only one camera to choose from? Why not make photography be an elite thing and only some people from special circles can do it, the rest can fuck themselves or be sued to death?
There is nothing bad in having another competitor, having NO competitor and only one person telling you what you can and cannot do is the worst.
I know, I am living in a country where it is real and gets worse every day.
>>
>>2765173
>Nobody but the little voices in your head said it will put Canon and Nikon out of business
Then what are you trying to imply here
>Honestly I am quite enjoying all the Canikony scare and tears and the camera itself is not even out yet.

Literally nothing you said has anything to do with my post.
I just told you I am in this thread because I like seeing what each company is doing.

You are the one who seems to think Canikon users are scared or in tears over this new camera.

>Be more reasonable and shut the fuck up!
So unless I agree 100% with you I should shut up?

>one person telling you what you can and cannot do is the worst
>>
>>2764853
>>2764855
>muh shitty wildlife photos
Get yourself a real camera, and some real subjects, you poorfag.
>>
>>2765173
If anything it's sony that's putting the big two out of business, pentax is just taking advantage of the situation by targeting these new brand swingers. I don't see pentax as being real competition though as they are far behind when it comes to technology, their R&D budget isn't as big as sony.
>>
>>2765348
>implying street photography compositions stand for wildlife.
Have you ever shot wildlife? I think not.
>>
>>2765348
>real subjects
This. Why aren't you shooting homeless people in B&W?
>>
>>2765352
>Sony releases a group of cameras with a very narrow lens selection that typically requires users to mount "third party" (Canon, Nikon, etc.) lenses on them
>Sony releases a group of fuckhuge "G master" lenses that are identical in size, weight and cost to Canikon equivalents, effectively ending any "size superiority" the Sony purportedly had

>but they're putting the other guys out of business! I swear! You'll see, you'll all see! Our video features and AF points will make them all come to our side eventually!
>Just keep telling them that battery life doesn't matter and OVF is outdated! They'll believe us eventually!!
>oh did I say our? H-heh nah I definitely am not being paid by Sony to shill on this board or anything, b-baka....
>>
>>2765033
>Seriously you don't know how to read or you lack the basic skill to comprehend the meanings.
> Pentax's """""full"""" lens lineup consisting solely of crop lenses
>Pentax's """""full"""" lens lineup consists of a small handful of updated full frame lenses, and a load of old lenses, and crop lenses

who's incapable of comprehending an entire sentence now?
>>
>>2765384
Apparently you are, crop lenses are a small portion of the Pentax lens lineup.
>>
>>2765387
crop lenses and antique lenses are an enormous portion of the Pentax lens lineup.
>>
>>2765397
There are more quality FF lenses for Pentax then the full Sony lens lineup.
>>
>>2765404
my quality ff Pentax lineup:

>a20 2.8, fa28 2.8, fa35 2, fa43 1.9, f50 1.4, fa*85 1.4, fa135 2.8, fa*300 4.5

I'm really happy they'll realize a digital 35mm-format.
>>
>>2765387
you literally can't read
>the pentax lens line up consists of
>crop lenses
>lots of old lenses
>some updated FF lenses
which breaks down into 10 currently produced FA lenses, a small pile of DA lenses, and a big pile of old lenses

if you can't read an entire sentence, and instead choose to chop off bits and pieces to make an argument out of, it's not my fault
>>
>>2764514
>GPS

JUST
>>
>>2765515
>FA*85/1.4 and FA* 300/4.5
I'm jelly as fuck
>>
>>2765515
>fa*300 4.5
im a cheap poor bastard but you wanna sell me that?
>>
>>2765527
I have a feeling he will say no
>>
>>2765526
>>2765527
i just inherited those and lots of other lenses and lots of analog bodies from my grandpa.

can't sell them due to sentimental reasons.

I hope the new lenses will have the same built and optical quality.
>>
>>2765536
>can't sell them due to sentimental reasons
but will you really ever use a 300mm prime?
>>
>>2764448
Asahi Takumar lenses were always top top tier in the film dyas.
All that dig has done is got in the way of film, which was never in the hands of the camera/lens makers. Now we have 4/3 full frame digic this that an shit processors introducing another level of selling and quality or not...same old shit, different day.... It's all a bit of a muddle for us old farts with a Rolleiflex and a Planar.
>>
>>2765539
I use an old Sigma 400mm prime, I'm pretty sure he has use for it.
I would definitely buy that 85/1.4 though. I'm so jelly I can barely contain it.
>>
>>2765543
>I use an old Sigma 400mm prime
wanna sell it to me?
>>
>>2765545
No. It is manual focus and the focus group has dust/hazing inside. It is a write off, going to try to dismantle and clean it, will have to get engineering help to make specialized tools for the friction retainer rings.
It still works but I wouldn't sell something in this shape. I don't want to be the kind of douche like the one who sold it to me.
There is an AF version on ebay if you're interested.
>>
File: _IGP3105_2.jpg (495 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
_IGP3105_2.jpg
495 KB, 1024x685
>>2765539
i took some snapshots of friendly birds and the moon and some semi wildlife squirrel shots and it's also nice for not so close close ups

it's too long for portrait though

what do you use 300mm for?

Equipment MakePENTAX Corporation
Camera ModelPENTAX K200D
Camera SoftwareDxO FilmPack 4
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2015:07:04 14:32:03
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Focal Length300.00 mm
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2765554
Wildlife, sports, automotive sports, planes, RC models.
These are what I'm using the 400mm for but planning to get a DA* 60-250/4
>>
File: IMGP6082-2.jpg (227 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
IMGP6082-2.jpg
227 KB, 1000x665
>>2765554
i like to shoot wildlife on the weekends

Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Image Created2016:02:07 13:11:44
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length300.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: IMGP3697 (2).jpg (299 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3697 (2).jpg
299 KB, 1000x665
>>2765564
Got the HD 55-300 a few weeks ago and I like it, but I want to get better IQ and a longer lens but cant until I graduate and get a job

Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)255 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:02:01 20:03:49
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length170.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2765567
I have the 50-200 and I seriously contemplating on the 55-300 for the massive IQ increase.
I suggest you practice on your technique to fully use the lens performance. I've seen your shots and most of the blurriness is motion blur. You need to go up with the shutter speed, don't worry about shooting at ISO 1600, the K-3 can take it.
>>
>>2765573
I forget/dont have time to change settings sometimes when shots come out of nowhere. with >>2764855 i had time to up the shutter speed and be ready, but i dont really like to always keep it that high
>>
>>2765577
I set two user modes, one for TAv high shutter speed and another with Tv and lower 1/200 shutter speed so I just need to flip the mode wheel, aim and fire away.
>>
>>2764518
>specially since it's not a real camera

/thread
>>
>>2765689
It is as real as the A6300, the D500 and the D5.
Pre-production models are out in testing at several professional photographers since 2015 Q3
>>
>>2765726
>professional
>pentax

Heh.
>>
>>2765744
Pentax has digital MF, film MF and FF film equipment, all professional grade.
So fuck off.
>>
>>2764940

Normally

>>2765034
>Canon have cameras made in places like Thailand, Taiwan, the Phillipines

And they all suck.

I don't like Nikon partially for that reason.
The amount of money used to machine and manufacture a piece of equipment generally indicates it's build quality.

>>2765068

And it's somehow cheaper to maintain three factories than to pay a couple Japs to put the pieces together?
>>
>>2765754
The digital MF is the cheapest and lowest quality you can get. The Film MF is the same. FF Film, which Pentax camera competes with the F5/6 and 1V?
>>
>>2765826
mz-s I think
>>
>>2765846
>that top plate
>1/6000 max shutter speed
>2.5 fps
>1/180 sync speed
>6 point AF
>92% viewfinder

Yeah, no I don't think so.
>>
>>2765824
>And it's somehow cheaper to maintain three factories than to pay a couple Japs to put the pieces together?

Yes. You'd be surprised how global trade works. I mean it's cheaper for chicken companies to raise a chicken in the US, slaughter it, refrigerate it, ship it to China, have some Chinese debone it, ship it back to the US, and then put it in a McChicken than it is to just do it all here.

Same with this. When you make hundreds of thousands of a product in a year and already have a global distribution network, it pays off to rent some space in Thailand and outsource to where labor is cheaper.
>>
>>2765853
>92% viewfinder
mfw pentacks has never into full frame
>shilling your lense mount as "open source" so more third party makers do your heavy lifting
>sharpness priority AE mode
>prints exif on frame borders
Could a camera be MORE marketed towards filthy amateurs
>>
>>2765896
Still 10x more professional than any Sony mirrorless or SLT.
>>
>>2765959
>Minolta 9000xi
>dat 1/12000th MECHANICAL max shutter speed
>tfw it will never be on an a9 or 17 mark III
>>
>>2765961
Give it a few years and we'll get electronic shutters going up to 1/32k with flash sync.
>>
>>2765583
Make a user mode with your preferred mode.
Set the ISO range and *specify "FAST'* for the auto iso parameters - this will set a bias for shutterspeeds considered fast for the focallenght in use.
Make another user mode with the same preferences but set a slow or normal ISO preference.

It controls how quickly the ISO ramps up when in auto mode, but this also effectively sets a shutterspeed thats slow/normal/fast based on the focallenght.
I always have my cameras set to a fast ISO ramp becasue i shake a lot and tend to rely more on being fast than having the luxury of being steady.

Or if you are quick to push a sequence of buttons just hit info, have iso already selected, and then just enter it and set an ISO ramp preference.
>>2765567
..and yeah, the 55-300 is too light, so the thing shakes like a mofo. Set the fast ISO ramp.
>>
some more (almost the same) rumors:
>tweaked d810 36mp Sony sensor, slightly more than 14,8 steps in DR
>camera will, in software expand asp-c shots with edge problems out to full frame on some lenses
>gps and astrotrac inbuilt
>some secret functions
>announcement in march, shipping in april
>2999 aud, street price 2700 aud
>>
>>2766060
>..and yeah, the 55-300 is too light, so the thing shakes like a mofo. Set the fast ISO ramp.
i have my iso set to fast. i usually work in TAv mode with my aperture closed down a bit to 7.1 or 8 for best sharpness, and shutter at 1/500 or higher. if something pops up i usually just hit the program button which i have set to give me the max shutter speed i can reasonably achieve given the light conditions.
>>
>>2764514
>>2766089
What happened to the 42Mp sensor?
>>
>>2766346
Their lenses.
>>
>>2766050
Fuji already has 1/32000th electronic shutters, though
>>
>>2764450
yeah and then in another two months there will be an even newer a7!!
>>
>>2766348
I'm talking about the sensor in the new Pentax full frame. All the rumour sites said it was 42 MP.
>>
>>2766407
Yes. And then Pentax was like "Oh fuck our lenses can't handle that..." and they lowered it.
>>
>>2766405
If you consider Pentax and Sony the polar opposites.
Pentax will have the biggest and toughest Full Frame, Sony will have smallest and tiniest Full Frame.
Pentax takes a decade to release 1 body, Sony is dishing out more bodies than people have money for.
>>
>>2766355
Of course you can't even fire a flash in that mode, but whatever.
(I'm an X-T1 shooter, not the Sony fag, for reference)
>>
>>2766089
>expand asp-c shots with edge problems out to full frame

Uhhh, what? It will make a crop less than APS-C and then interpolate it to 36 MP or something?
>>
>>2766346
price and processor and maybe a Sony policy.

this will be a well considered and well thought out product for a fair price with cool features which will be around for some ages.

what is pentax glass like on the sony ff cameras?
>>
>>2766557
Probably wide open or manual aperture and manual focus only.
I suspect the Takumars give some radiant results with that special glow.
>>
>>2766089
>>camera will, in software expand asp-c shots with edge problems out to full frame on some lenses
That's not what crop mode is.
>>
>>2766413
>Pentax will have the biggest and toughest Full Frame

If the rumored specs are true, it's going to be lower-end FF, so it won't be nearly as big as a D5 or even a D810.
>>
>>2766355
It's just sequential line-by-line readout where every line is exposed at 1/32000s, so it works like a very slow rolling shutter. You can't use it to shoot with a flash or freeze fast motion.
But a few manufacturers have said that they have sensors with "global shutter" in the works that can electronically start and stop light capture on the entire sensor at once.
>>
more rumours!

>36,4 mp
>35,9 x 24 mm Sensor
>continuous shooting 6,5 frames per second
>iso 100-204800
>136,5 x 110 x 85,5 mm
>925 g

so smaller and lighter but thicker than 5dIII and d810
higher iso and faster fps than d810
just unconfirmed rumours though
>>
>>2766978
>iso 100-204800
>higher iso than d810

Never understood why this is important to be listed in the specs, much less compared between cameras. Super high ISOs are made by simple digital scaling, so the upper limit is completely arbitrary and any manufacturer can easily bump it to 500 gorillion by adding a couple extra numbers to the firmware. It won't make the images you get at these ISOs any more usable.
>>
>>2767000
because geargays only care about specs
>>
>>2766978
at that point you might as well just buy a sony
>>
File: le hasseled.png (23 KB, 272x272) Image search: [Google]
le hasseled.png
23 KB, 272x272
>>2766978
>35,9 x 24 mm Sensor

>35,9

So Pentax still cannot into full frame, I see
>>
>>2766978
>not even the new bsi sensor
cucked.
>>
>>2767041
You have to realise BSI on full frame is insanely hard to even produce when to this date there exist only 1 model with this.

How can you expect that from Pentax when even Nikon can't do it?
>>
>>2767041
pentax cannot into sensors, they use whatever sony gives them and maybe tweak it a little
>>
File: 2000545990.jpg (168 KB, 620x499) Image search: [Google]
2000545990.jpg
168 KB, 620x499
>>2766978
Honestly a D750 equivalent sensor is the more likely to be used in my opinion.

The 36Mp sensor is really expensive, and Pentax is trying to compete with the D750 more than the D810.
>>
File: pentax_k-1_grip_f001.jpg (45 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
pentax_k-1_grip_f001.jpg
45 KB, 500x446
My next camera.

Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
>>2767366
That 67 prism dome always makes me moist
>>
>>2767000
That, and people who use high res cameras bought them for resolution and DR. Not noise performance.
>>
>>2767447
Well, Nikon doesn't give you an option to get a low-res camera in the same class, and high ISO images from D8x0/A7R aren't really worse than images from D4/A7S when downsampled to the same resolution.
The point is that ISO 204800 is unusable on everything.
>>
>>2767447
>people who use high res cameras bought them for resolution and DR
Tell that to the Canon 5DS users. The K-5IIs has better DR than that thing.
>>
>>2767366
gross. should have gotten a sony.
>>
>>2767355
nah, even the 36mp sensor is somewhat outdated.
the k1 aims for a market higher than the consumer-market.
It will deliver far more customization options.

The 645z also got a nice sensor and is the most affordable one in its class.
>>
>>2767366
Mine too anon
>>
>>2767366
Is this the new /p/ meme? Are we still going to do the fuji meme?
>>
>tiny ass top plate display
>awkwardly placed front function button
my only gripes
>>
File: 1455312145162.png (15 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455312145162.png
15 KB, 480x480
Reminder not to listen to mirrorless memers

>muh high end body
>muh sensor

>drop almost 5 figures on a body and lens
>it can't and never will be able to propertly shoot high end photography (action/sports/wildlife)
>>
>>2768340
you seem to have written "high end photography" when you meant to say "Seriously rare niche photography where the people shooting it seriously are all dropping well over five figures in the first place"

High end photography is usually portraits and landscape, and if you're willing to include events, then weddings too.
>>
>>2767586
>even the 36mp sensor is somewhat outdated
There is absolutely nothing outdated about it. It's still the high end high resolution sensor available to third party.

And Pentax is going to pay out of their eyes for it if they want to price their camera that far below the D810.
>>
>>2767000
The max ISO isn't really usable, but often it gives you an idea of what the highest usable ISO will be, if that makes sense.
>>
>>2767366
>tfw they could have taken out the top display and given us a dedicated shutter speed dial instead
>>
>>2769926
>could have taken out the top display
No
>>
>>2769926
You realize it has 3 customizable dials, yes? Just use one of those.
>>
>>2764796

>autofucus

pussy
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.