[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick /p/ poll, and its based entirely on a hypothetical situation:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: DSC2214.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC2214.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
Quick /p/ poll, and its based entirely on a hypothetical situation: Lets just say that Ricoh decided to put out a 20th anniversary version of its GR1v cult P&S. Lets also say that all known mechanical defects known to the original cameras had been fixed as well but other than that the camera was functionally and aesthetically true to the original. Who among you, anons and tripfags, would buy one? Digital shooters, does it interest you?

Show of hands!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-RX100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:02:09 15:17:26
Exposure Time1/13 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Brightness0.7 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length10.40 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastSoft
SaturationLow
SharpnessHard
>>
I might, but only if service was guaranteed and if it wasn't priced something ridiculous like $1000. A collector probably wouldn't bother with a re-release.

>Digital shooters, does it interest you?
If it was digital, I would be.
>>
>>2764109
Yeah in a heartbeat I would
>>
>>2764114
Collectors aren't the target customer base though, actual photographers are. That being said if the camera was re-released certain collectors would undoubtedly buy them.

Pricing back in the day was 90000 yen in Japan, which equates to around 833USD in 1996 moneys. I doubt that if it happened it would be sub $1000
>>
>>2764115
Yeah me too. I almost want to petition Ricoh with this idea, but I know its just a dream.
>>
>>2764114
It wouldn't be digital, it would be 135 roll film. It would defo get more people shooting film again, I reckon.
>>
I want the GR21
>>
>>2764132
The delusion is strong with this one.
>>
i feel like such a leica shill saying that both the 28 and 21 are available in ltm...but it is the truth.
>>
>>2764114
They already made a functionally and aesthetically true to the original digital remake of the GR1v, it's called the GR.

I'd totally buy a new film GR to go with my digital one. The prices that the GR1v goes for used and the known problems have stopped me from buying a used one, but if it was brand new and not prone to shitting itself for no reason I'd gladly pay like $1000 for one. That seems pretty unlikely to happen, though.
>>
I already own a klasse w
>>
F U J I N A T U R A S
U
J
I

N
A
T
U
R
A

S
>>
no.
>>
>>2764109
omg me x10
>>
>>2764136
this to be honest
>>
>>2764132
>defo
fuck off
>>
>>2764184
u fuck off, cunt features
>>
Ive got three GR's
- GRD
- GRD IV
- GR (apsc)

And I dont give a fuuuuck about that film sheeeiiit. Been there, done that during the late 80s and 90s.
>>
>>2764247
i own the -GR
-GRII
-GR1V
>>
I have a GR1S and I'm pretty Meh about it.
>bit of shutter lag
>LCD problems that can't be fixed in 2016
>LCD info illumination is weak
But it can only go up in price so I'm holding onto it for now. If they did re-release one it would mean more parts and repairs for older ones though.
>>
>>2764109
Here, me.
As one of the boards most die-hard Ricoh GR fags/shills, I'd get a re-released GR1V in a heartbeat.

Ricoh, make it happen!
>>
File: D3S_9546-600.jpg (64 KB, 600x365) Image search: [Google]
D3S_9546-600.jpg
64 KB, 600x365
as tempting as it would be, probably not. regardless of price

the IIIf is small enough for me. If I needed smaller I would go back to the Rollei 35, I have had a few over the years. nice lens but really didn't do it for me.

the Ricoh just wouldn't be used all that often
>>
File: ricoh-grx-mount-a12.jpg (54 KB, 530x346) Image search: [Google]
ricoh-grx-mount-a12.jpg
54 KB, 530x346
>>2764109
Absolutely I would.
But ideally I'd want a few upgrades too.
Modern lens coatings, built in switchable contrast filters, a multibladed aperture, a modern 1/4000 leaf shutter, a TTL OTF meter (Oly OM, Pntx LX style) for long exposures and flash, MF/Snap distance on a dedicated top dial, shutterspeed shown in viewfinder+LCD, option for slow sync, modern rechargeable Li-Ion battery, >silent< winding.
And the piece de resistance,
>optional digital back
>>
File: 300_Leica_DMR.jpg (58 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
300_Leica_DMR.jpg
58 KB, 300x227
>>2766851
not going to happen in the small GR package.
have you thought about the R9, it has everything you appear to want.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3472
Image Height2312
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2005:07:30 11:57:01
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length135.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width300
Image Height227
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.