[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /p/hotographers. Does any one here have experience a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: lomoinstant_san_remo_with_lenses.jpg (357 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
lomoinstant_san_remo_with_lenses.jpg
357 KB, 3000x2000
Sup /p/hotographers.
Does any one here have experience a lot of experience with intax or polaroid cameras?
I'm interested in a specific camera, named "lomo'Instant Sanremo". Does any on use this camera, and aslo, pros and cons.

Pic related.
>>
>>2763660
>"lomo'Instant Sanremo
It's expensive, it's shit image quality on purpose, it only makes instax mini sized images (very small) it looks obnoxious, it's expensive again.

It does seem to have different focal lengths available, which is nice.

If you don't mind the obnoxious look of it, and don't mind the small prints, and don't mind the price, it's pretty good.
>>
>>2763664
I guess the small pictures is a con. But it kind of becomes like expensive collecting cards instead.

Any way, the shitty quality kind of has it's own charismatic character to it, and is probably one of the reasons why most people who buy this camera want it.
>>
>>2763660
don't do it
lomo isn't that high quality and I'd take the word of anybody saying it isn't
it's not charismatic, you can always blur or shit up your scans if you want, you don't want a bad Polaroid
My gf shoots instax wide and normal, don't get the small sizes
wide is honestly the aesthetic superior choice if you're doing Fuji
you could buy a working sx-70 relatively cheap
also if you're looking to build a social media or blog presence with Polaroid then you could look at Polaroid brand instant printers for their digital cams
it's an economically smart choice since you can dictate what gets printed and it's printed to emulate the aspect ratio and borders of a Polaroid
please don't get shilled by lomo, that's low quality niche shit and there's nothing charming about low quality campy images
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1080x1080
>>2763660
also if you get into Polaroid always scan it, don't take photos of your Polaroids on your iPhone or some shit
there's nothing more cringey than a low res image of an already small photo
you can only make shots of a Polaroid work if it's used as a prop for a kinfolk style photo, I wouldn't advise getting an instant camera until you have a scanner

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1080
Image Height1080
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: Instax001.jpg (573 KB, 1592x1000) Image search: [Google]
Instax001.jpg
573 KB, 1592x1000
Instax lenses are fucking horrible. It's pretty good stock for 800 ISO if you load it into a MF camera but that will run you so much that you might as well just use a FF digital and a portable dye sublimation printer.

Camera SoftwarePaint.NET v3.5.11
Image Width9191
Image Height5774
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2013:01:18 15:09:16
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1592
Image Height1000
>>
I have a Polaroid Snap.

It's okay. Viewfinder is a really general guide though. More of a point and hope than a point and shoot.

Total hit at parties though.
>>
File: img029.jpg (436 KB, 1000x635) Image search: [Google]
img029.jpg
436 KB, 1000x635
I bought an Instax Mini 90 about six weeks ago and I like it. It's a toy camera and it's a lot of fun.

I get my film from china and it costs about 50p a shot so not crazy expensive.

Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
>>
File: janmorn1.jpg (310 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
janmorn1.jpg
310 KB, 1024x768
I'm hoping fuji will come out with a better (more controllable) instax camera later down the line.

some recent stuff here if you wanna see what the IQ is like.

www.flickr.com/omitten
>>
>>2763849
My bro's girlfriend wants to buy Instax Wide, where you get film so cheap? Ebay?
It's like 2€ per shot here.
>>
>>2763853

I don't use wide. I use aliexpress for film. Wide is cheaper there too tho.
>>
>>2763737
I see, thanks for the tip!
>>
>>2763853
Aliexpress
>>
File: img068.jpg (102 KB, 761x1200) Image search: [Google]
img068.jpg
102 KB, 761x1200
>>2764090
>>2763862

ya..

Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
>>
File: DSCF5040.jpg (352 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5040.jpg
352 KB, 1000x667
>>2763660

Lomo Instax cameras suck and are wayyy overpriced. Just use the Fuji ones, but they kinda suck too. At least they are cheaper/better.

Or if you like cutting old cameras into pieces with a hacksaw, you could do like I did and mod a pathfinder into shooting Instax. Pic related

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro1
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)83 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:02:08 22:54:52
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-5.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOut of Focus
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
File: instax104.jpg (141 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
instax104.jpg
141 KB, 1000x773
>>2764175

Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution800 dpi
Vertical Resolution800 dpi
Image Width1000
Image Height773
>>
>>2764175
that's pretty cool. Any guides on how to do that?
>>
>>2764318

http://www.polaroidconversions.com/instax/

http://www.instantoptions.com/conversions/110a/

I got the idea here, I also looked at their Pathfinder pack film conversion guide too.

To get it to focus you have to move the front standard of the lens back, I used a ground glass stuck in a dead instax pack to calibrate the focus. My back is attached with scotch lock (3M's velcro) and "light proofed" (lol) with self adhesive felt. I may get a packfilm back in the future as I have a whole fridge full of FP-3000b......
>>
i'm looking to get into instant photography too, what do you think about instax 300? at first i was looking for an old polaroid but getting a film for them is a bitch where i live119
>>
File: hydrant_small.jpg (160 KB, 1000x801) Image search: [Google]
hydrant_small.jpg
160 KB, 1000x801
This is now the instant pictures thread.

I have recently fallen in love with instax. The colors are always gorgeous and there's a nice softness about the pictures. I'm not sure if the softness is due to the shitty plastic lenses or the development process itself, but I really like it.
This is with a wide 210. I also have a mini 8 and have a polaroid that takes fp100c in the mail.
>>
>>2764175
uhh, why though?
why not just buy actual polaroid film? FP100C isn't thaaat expensive
>>
>>2767812

>why though?

Why not? Instax is easier to use and way faster film. And besides the lomo instax back is velcro-ed to the camera, so I could easily put a packfilm back on it if I wish.
>>
>>2767812
FP100c isnt polaroid film
>>
>>2767723

Yeah the plastic lenses are a bit soft, also these instax cameras are fixed at f14, so it might be diffraction.
>>
>>2768151
>way faster film
fair enough, I guess. just seems like a lot of work

>>2768153
what? its film made for polaroid cameras. polaroid invented the design. fuji makes it. its polaroid film.
>>
>>2763664
>it's shit image quality on purpose

For what purpose?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.