[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Took this pic at a car meet in Long Island
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: PJ Car Meet.jpg (5 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
PJ Car Meet.jpg
5 MB, 4272x2848
What should I do to improve the quality and such. Not sure what the setting are on but sure some of you guys and tell lol

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T3
Lens Size18.00 - 55.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.5
Lens NameEF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:12:11 23:12:45
Exposure Time1/6 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/4.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length29.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4272
Image Height2848
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeAv-Priority
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed352
Color Matrix129
>>
Not sure what your focus point was, the car?
Why did you pick the aperture setting you did?
The light just peaking out from the guy's face is annoying. You should have moved to the left so it was hidden behind his face. ISO is super high, so there's a lot of noise.

Compositionally, nothing is going on.
>>
i see the light never noticed it and it is pissing me off. The focus point was suppose to be him looking over the cars. I am really not certain how to use the camera i have
>>
>>2762483

>step 1: take pictures during the daytime or at least somewhere where there is actual light, so you don't have to use iso 6400

this photo is unforgivably bad. you need to do some actual research before coming here for critiques. Go read a book or watch some tutorial videos.
>>
Thank you for the criticism. The picture honestly looked amazing to me when it was small but when i blow it up it is fucking garbage
>>
>>2762488
knowing how to use your camera is pretty essential.
Do some research because you should be at the point where your camera settings are purely reflex and your attention is on what youre shooting.
>>
Shooting at night is hard. I've been learning photography for a month or so now and I still don't know how the hell to take a picture at night.

That being said, I'd just go out during the day and take pictures of random shit and mess with the settings until you figure out what affect they have on your picture.
>>
>>2762483

Multiplicity of issues in this photo but I will only focus on the 'blur' you have.

Your camera might have had trouble grabbing focus. At night this can be a particular problem. Always try and lay your focus point over a specular or bright area to focus. Your camera might be set to automatically select focus points; I would get on changing this for more control.

You've also placed a subject awfully close and you seem to have focused on something far away. Remember that your lens has a 'depth of field' and only so much can be in focus at any one time. Photographers exploit this fact by using it to 'selectively focus' on a subject a blur out the rest of the image: the character of these out of focus (OOF) areas is sometimes called 'bokeh'

Your shutter-speed was too low. You were shooting in Av (Aperture value) mode. Your camera set the shutter speed low in order to expose your image right. Learn how to shoot in manual mode and the rest will fall into place. I'm not saying don't use "Av" and "Tv" modes, but if you learn how to use manual their handiness will be readily apparent. I could explain it right here but this would turn into an essay. Read and understand the exposure triangle before you take shots otherwise you will just end with frustration.

Never give up.
>>
>in Long Island
>in

who says "in" lol
>>
>>2762483
get a tripod, then practice
>>
>>2762521
not the OP, but is english your first language?
>>
>>2762521
also from Long Island, we talk like that. We're an island of inbred fucks who think we're too good for nyc.

>>2762483
Where's the car meet? Maybe I'll come around.
>>
>>2763334
Not even from NY, but the common vernacular is to say "on" long island, much like you would say you were "on" a desert island instead of "in" a desert island.
>>
>>2763365
Not really, Long Island has a population of almost 8 million and is only separated from mainland NY by about a mile. People refer to it as a place you're "in" rather than a patch of land that you're "on." Would you say you were "on Madagascar" or "on Ireland" instead of using "in?"
>>
File: women OP.jpg (17 KB, 300x213) Image search: [Google]
women OP.jpg
17 KB, 300x213
>>2762483
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.