[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else shoot Olympus? I have an e-510 and for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: olympus-e-510_6A.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
olympus-e-510_6A.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
Does anyone else shoot Olympus?

I have an e-510 and for some reason the picture always comes out with more room on the right and bottom side than the viewfinder shows. It's not too big of a deal because it gives me a little extra space that I can crop out of if necessary, but it's just a bit strange.
>>
Optical viewfinders sometimes don't cover the entire frame that the sensor sees. That camera has a 95% coverage viewfinder, so about 5% of your photo isn't visible in the finder. I guess it's also not perfectly centered which is why you get extra on just the right and bottom instead of a little extra all the way around.
>>
Best way you can ensure complete frame coverage with the 510 is to use the live view, although AF will be shit (had a 410, still have a 520).
>>
I was recently given some FT lenses with no body. What is a FT body that is still relevant today?
>>
>>2760775
E-M1 with the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter. 4/3 had some great lenses but the cameras really needed some more time to mature, the m4/3 cameras really deliver what 4/3 was supposed to be in the first place.
>>
>>2760775
The reason for the em-1 is because it has on sensor phase detect auto focus (same type as an SLR) and can autofocus the 4/3 lenses as good if not better than the 4/3 bodies. It is currently there only m4/3 body to have this feature.
>>
File: ffddaeee98c7.jpg (455 KB, 1000x784) Image search: [Google]
ffddaeee98c7.jpg
455 KB, 1000x784
>>2760775
Well, E-600/620 were pretty nice, and if you have pro FT lenses and want a rugged body to match, E-3 can be found for very cheap.
But remember that the last new 4/3 camera was released 7 years ago, so don't expect too much.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-3
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.3
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Color Filter Array Pattern630
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2009:07:08 09:01:11
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length14.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.