[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which editing software is best.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: video-editing-studio.jpg (28 KB, 250x278) Image search: [Google]
video-editing-studio.jpg
28 KB, 250x278
So I've been doing a lot of video work at my job and originally I had a pretty tight budget from the higher ups.

However my work has been spreading around and I got the OK today to step up the amount of time I'm spending in the week and they've agreed to open up a little more spending as well. Last time around I spent the money on camera equipment and ended up having to use Windows movie Maker.

So! I have very little experience with any serious editing software. What would be the best single license software for editing.
>>
>>2758672
Get Premiere Pro, if you want to pay for it - so do it.
>>
>>2758675
Aren't adobe products all subscription based?
>>
Premiere Pro. On the Single App CC plan it will be $16 a month.
>>
>>2758884

Hasn't stopped the pirates from what I can tell.
>>
I like Vegas, baby. Admittedly, I haven't used anything else, and I'm not looking to be a pro. But it's done what I've wanted it to do, basic editing and minor effects.
>>
>>2758672
Premiere. No question.
>>
>>2758675
>>2758970
Not just getting CS6 and using Mega for cloud storage
>>
well it's like duh canon or nikon? ps4 or xbox one?

you like working with the mouse? Go Premiere or Final Cut..
want to do almost everything with the keyboard? go Avid Media Composer..

I worked with each of them but Avid is my number one choice.. in the end it's all about taste.. all of them can do everything just in a different way. all of them have free trial version so look at each and deside.. it's about the editor, not the tools.

professional video editor with 5+ years of experience here.
>>
cinelerra

.. kek, premiere .. baby's first NLE.
>>
Premiere or Vegas for video.
Lightroom for photo.
>>
>>2758672
Is that picture from McNally Smith?
>>
>>2759202
>profesonel voodoo editoro with >= 9000+ secunds of exporionces here.

aren't you one fine moron? go and stick your 5+ years up your moronous anus. 5 years is like a joke. you retard think you can impress anybody with working in some low-tier local shit-"company" (or even having "your own great (profesionel) business")?
people like you going on my nerves. shut da fuck up. I only want to here that sentence from somebody with more than 30 years experience in a branch-leading company.

you know, there have been times where somebody like you would have wrote: "video editor with not so much experience here (only around 5), but willing to share and learn."

no, but YOU are GREAT. A great anus.
>>
Final Cut if your broke and have a mac

Premiere if you have the cash
>>
>>2758672
Fuck higher ups, pirate software you need to do the job.
If anything arises, claim the company IT did it and you know nothing about anything.
>>
>>2758672

IMHO Vegas is the easiest to learn but lacks up to date pro features

FCP and Premiere Pro are powerful but have serious learning curves.Pick your poison, they both have drawbacks.

If you are broke just download Resolve, it has a built in NLE and can actually do h.264 now.
>>
>>2759663
final cut is literally just iMovie on steroids
how one can even suggest it is beyond me
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.