[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way I can tell a photo on Facebook has been photoshopped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
Is there any way I can tell a photo on Facebook has been photoshopped beyond reasonable doubt?

I know this guy and I know that he has a weak chin and jawline. However he posted this photo and the only explanation is that he had jaw surgery (he hasn't) or altered the photo.

The photo is only on Facebook. I feel like there are some blurs that hint to alteration, but I'm not an expert in this area.

Thanks in advance.
>>
Here's a larger photo. I don't want to include his face because I don't want to embarrass him. However, if you can tell me a way to see if it's photoshopped I can publicly embarrass him on Facebook if you want.
>>
>>2757863
what you're pointing to is a jpeg artifact. Facebook compresses photos when you upload them, meaning you get artifacts like that. There are ways to tell if something is photoshopped, but I'm 99% sure this isn't.

It's the lighting in the picture that gives him the shadow under his jaw. Now fuck off you little jealous prick
>>
>>2757868
you're right, probably just lighting
>>
He's looking up, gets rid of the turkey neck effect.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.