[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could I please get some thoughts / critique on this? This picture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_5999.jpg (78 KB, 546x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5999.jpg
78 KB, 546x816
Could I please get some thoughts / critique on this? This picture was mostly just taken for the visual appeal. I'm a pretty amateur photographer, as you can see, and I was hoping to practice with comparing the program and auto mode, and practice using natural lighting as the only source of light.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-510
Camera SoftwareVSCO
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:30 17:48:53
Exposure Time1/4 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramCreative
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length42.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width546
Image Height816
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2756938
It's off balance on the left, unflattering to the breast, and confusing with the weird looking... shirt?

It's not absolutely terrible, but that's because it's really not... anything.
>>
>>2756938
Covering her face certainly makes the image mysterious, I'm not too hot about the fabric you chose though. Silk would make her look like a priestess of the Delphi Oracle. Using a not even properly unfolded towel shifts this image into the trashy BDSM area of the palette, objectifies her in a disrespectful manner.
She has saggy tits. Ask her to pop her chest improve it, or ask her to cross her arm across her chest, it would make a more interesting angle and definition to her arm than a well diffused tube (which it is right now).
The pic would benefit from harsher light source / more contrast too.
>>
>>2756944
Thank you. How is the left off balanced?
I do have to agree though, this was just a quick last picture in the middle of us beginning to put everything up.
>>
>>2756947
Definitely. It was some random towel-material shower cap thing and it sparked the idea in my mind to use it to cover up the face. I would love to make the breasts more flattering with what I'm working with, so thank you for the advice!

I was originally shooting in color, so I had the blinds closed all the way for a softer lighting, but in the end i decided it looked a bit better black and white.

Also, I definitely agree about the BDSM thing. That is not a foreign idea to me with this picture at all.
>>
I can definitely say that I would like to think up some more interesting subject material. I just don't have access to most of the things I need for what I've currently thought up.
>>
>>2756938
Light just isn't quite right.
>>
I don't get the towel. Does the series continue with waterboarding?
>>
>>2756938

It's certainly better than most pics in /p
>>
>>2756938
>pierced nipple
at least the towel on head is right.
>>
>>2757167
What's wrong with a pierced nipple? They're pretty cute, in my opinion.
>>
>>2757403
You don't usually see them on classy women with self respect and anything to provide the world other than drunken mistakes. But if you're still in the phase where you look at women as a challenge to conquer and need a way to get "in" yeah, a piercing like that would make you think she's "cute"
>>
>>2757088

Yes.
>>
>>2757421
You're hilarious, please continue to share your views on women.
>>
>>2757421
Hahahaha damn man you need to stop masturbating so much
>>
>>2757421
What? You're literally trying to apply your opinion to everyone else. Why is a piercing disrespectful to yourself? You're fucking brainwashed.
>>
>>2757088
>>2757423
No, it doesn't. I saw the towel thing and immediately just thought of it being used as some sort of veil, which resulted in the pictures I had taken.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.