[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Peter Lik What does /p/ think about /p/eter Lik? Was this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
>Peter Lik

What does /p/ think about /p/eter Lik?

Was this Nigga nigga an inheritence baby or what? Even if that Phantom shit did NOT sell for 6.5millie and has NOT sold an almost half billion worth of prints this nigga owns 20 million dollar houses and like 20 art galleries or some shit.
>>
>>2756080
He's talented but not exceptionally so. I know some 14 year old Instagram landscape photographers that could be on par with him if they had the capital for travel and gear
>>
Shrewd businessman
>>
Peter Lik, like Uncle Terry, like most successful photograhers, is all about marketing, sales and networking.

Financial success in photography has very little to do with talent, and is mostly about establishing a brand and making people want your work. Or want to work with you.

Peter Lik isn't horrible, it's tough to do really large work. If you haven't been to one of his galleries, I highly recommend it. Get up close and personal with some of his large prints, the quality of the print and framing is off the charts.

Are there better photographers overall? Totally. Do they matter. Not at all.
>>
He's sort of like a very successful hot dog stand owner.
>>
He figured out how to part idiots from their money, which is what we are all secretly striving for.

I don't have any resentments towards his business practices, except that I think he as a person is a douche.
>>
>>2756080
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/business/peter-liks-recipe-for-success-sell-prints-print-money.html?_r=0

Basically he scams rich people and takes advantage of the inflated art market by pretending that his work is art.

Read the New York Times article. It explains everything.
>>
File: XPdR4j7.png (74 KB, 428x343) Image search: [Google]
XPdR4j7.png
74 KB, 428x343
>Peter Lik (born 1959) is a photographer from Australia

what can i say.
>>
>>2756383
>Basically he scams rich people and takes advantage of the inflated art market by pretending that his work is art.
No different to any other contemporary art gallery then
>>
>>2756384
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2756397
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/sjw/
>>
>>2756080
I hate the way you talk and I want to smash your face
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.