[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
jealous poorfags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: rekt.jpg (136 KB, 1868x1868) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
136 KB, 1868x1868
jealous poorfags?
>>
>>2755806
You realize for all the money you spent on filters, which you could re-create in PS or LR yourself, that you could've bought a new lens instead?
>>
File: tumblr_nx4r5ow4Gu1uyx50so1_500.gif (2 MB, 448x432) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx4r5ow4Gu1uyx50so1_500.gif
2 MB, 448x432
its fucking nothing
>>
>>2755806
no I shoot actual film, which is a tenth of the cost you've spent on some digital effects that I could of made myself
>>
>>2755806
Nope. Haven't used VSCO, nor do I feel the need to. But I hope you'll enjoy, for your own sake.

And that is everything you'll need, for you to like it. Who cares what other think?
>>
File: fuckingrekt.jpg (838 KB, 3560x2002) Image search: [Google]
fuckingrekt.jpg
838 KB, 3560x2002
>poorfags can never secure contracts/projects
>spend hours just moving a slider/muhfilm

loololool
>>
>>2755820
>that one anti rape mob picture from years ago
troll confirmed
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>2755821
>>
apart from that >>2755810 I also got VSCO1-7 and barely use them. Most of these look like shit anyway. Enjoy them OP, probably going to improve your photos a lot.
>>
>>2755841
whoops, ment to quote >>2755809
>>
>>2755806
you realize you can get them for free right?
>>
>>2755806
>-t. retard who pays for photoshop presets
>>
>tfw pirated VSCO 1-5
>tfw barely use the instant and classic films
>end up buying VSCO 1 because I kinda like some of the options
I only supported them because I wanted the updated camera profiles desu. It's best to just buy them when they're on sale or they throw a voucher code your way.
>>
>no trackers that specialize in this kind of thing
>>
>>2755809
>film is cheaper than anything
not if you actually shoot regularly.
this meme needs to die
>>
You can just learn to know what makes VSCO presets look good and do it yourself.
>>
>>2758557
how do i learn that?
>>
Holy shit OP, I really hope you didn't buy those, you can torrent them for free or learn how to make these presets yourself
>>
What exactly am I supposed to be jealous about?

That you bought a stupid amount of software, of which only 3% of features will be used after the first few days?

You're going to find maybe 5-10 presets that you like enough to reuse on a common basis, and never touch the rest.
>>
>>2755809
>>2758543
>not if you actually shoot regularly.
>this meme needs to die
I agree. Especially for people looking for this look who are just starting out.

>Want to shoot colour film for those sick tones
>Not going to use AGFA Vista 200
>Have to buy film in bulk to keep the cost per roll down
>£3.60-4 a roll
>C41 Process only £2-3 per roll (135)
>C41 Process only £5-6 per roll (120)
>25x 135 rolls = £165~ (900 shots)
>25x C41 rolls = £240 (375@6x45)

Factor in the cost of 3 lenses (wide, standard, tele) and a camera for each and you're way over the cost of digital before you get into scanning negs and time required.
For a beginner or or most people, buying a 2nd hand or new digital camera and using VSCO is going to be cheaper.
>>
>>2755806
Or you can just learn how to use LR and create the presets yourself ? Also did you actually pay for this ? topkked
>>
>>2755806

>Uses VSCO
>AND PAID FOR IT

topkek
>>
>>2755807
>>2758557
>>2758732
I haven't used VSCO, but I own Color Efex Pro and use it heavily. Yes, I can re-create the effects manually in photoshop, but a dedicated filter program makes it much faster and simpler and lets me browse through various options to find a look that I like for a certain shoot. It also makes it much easier to adjust the filters and make them stronger or weaker in different areas, etc.

I think if you're a hobbyist photographer doing a small number of images with plenty of time, and want to lovingly craft each one by hand, manually doing things in Photoshop is totally viable. However, if you're working on assignment, dealing with large batches, and have deadlines, filter packs are a godsend.
>>
>>2758915

vsco isn't even a "dedicated filter program". It's a fucking collection of presets lmao
>>
I guess here's a good place to ask:

Which VSCO should I try out when I'm completely new? I don't want to overprocess my pictures but I want to add a little something to them, even if I have no idea what the hell I'm doing when it comes to editing yet.
>>
>>2758982
dunno but if I use it i'll find myself clicking portra and then undoing half of what it does
>>
>>2755806
Why don't you just create you own"filters"? you can make the effect just as you like it the best instead of being limited by the presets.
>>
>>2758919
Oh ok, that's a little different I guess. With Nik, you get a bunch of tools that are harder to do as presets (custom grad filters, "virtual lighting" where you can control angle and falloff and stuff, etc.), but if it's just straight up presets, it seems a little pointless.
>>
I just downloaded VSCO and in each folder I have: Develop Presets, Local Adjustment Presets, and Camera Profiles.

I can't figure out how to get the Camera Profiles to work. Where do I put them? I'm on a Mac using Lightroom 5. I put them in the CameraRaw folder in a folder called CameraProfiles and they don't show up.
>>
>>2760005
oh wait, I just pick my brand on the left and it does the rest for me, doesn't it?
>>
Any good torrents?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.