[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the only reason uncle terry is famous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12
File: uncleterry.png (57 KB, 190x213) Image search: [Google]
uncleterry.png
57 KB, 190x213
Is this the only reason uncle terry is famous?
>>
>>2750333
Nice trips. I've rarely see him outside of these walls.
>>
>>2750338
He takes photos with some of the most famous celebrities, he must be known to other people too
>>
>>2750333
>father, famous fashion photographer
>Is this the only reason uncle terry is famous
/thread
>>
>>2750406

Larry Clark pls
>>
terry who?
>>
File: uncle terry(1).jpg (45 KB, 370x591) Image search: [Google]
uncle terry(1).jpg
45 KB, 370x591
>>2750338
He's done a lot of shit for fashion companies in the past years.
You're probably not looking in the right places, and it probably helps that there are a lot of people doing the same shit that he is which kinda blends together with his work.
>>
>>2751157
That's about right. I don't look in the kinds of places I might find his work. None of my friends or family know who he is. If it wasn't for /b/ and /p/ I could have walked past him on the street without noticing.
>>
your thoughts on these pieces of work:
https://fgts.jp/b/thread/665787415/#665793233

???

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3X
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 (Macintosh)
PhotographerTerry Richardson
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern820
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Vertical Resolution75 dpi
Image Created2012:06:04 17:45:12
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance2.00 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceFlash
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2754991
So does he use a remote trigger? Timer? Or is he more of a director and has another photographer?
>>
>>2750333
I think the reason he's famous is mostly due to the way he directs his subjects, especially the celebrities. Makes them seems like humans, which I would partly attribute to the 'amateurish' effect of straight on flash, something that's most commonly used by laypeople.

I like his photos, they're not particularly impressive by any stretch of the imagination but they're fun to look at. Anyone can get his effect but no one does it like he does it.
>>
File: t_richardson-web.jpg (508 KB, 950x642) Image search: [Google]
t_richardson-web.jpg
508 KB, 950x642
>>2754998
>trigger?
N

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot G2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2008:04:03 11:30:59
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length7.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width950
Image Height642
>>
>>2750406
1oo% wrong
Bobby's 15 seconds of fame was for just a few years in the mid 70's
then he became homeless:

http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/terry_richardson.shtml

Terry got Bobby clean and off the streets
+ Terry surpassed his father's fame 100000000x
>>
>>2755047
on top of all that,
there are many famous humans with family members that try very hard to become famous but still do not even receive 2 seconds of fame,
to be on Terry's level of fame you must have some unique talent,
Bob wasn't even 5% as known as Terry is today.
a model holding Bobby:

https://fgts.jp/b/thread/645603169/#645624327
>>
i enjoy Larry but love Terry more and yet i still get a kick out of artists or talented dudes, talking shit about each other,like Vincent Gallo on Korine and everyone:

>Do you think photography has changed?

>Larry Clark:
Photography for me has changed now. You know, now everybody is a photographer, but nobody thinks about light, they use fucking flash on a camera. Do you know the worst photographer in the world? We actually are quite friendly, Terry Richardson. Terrible! Horrible! He could not take a picture that depended on lighting. Sucks! His father, Bob Richardson was a fashion photographer, there is a really good picture that Bob took of me on my website, and I knew Bob a bit before he passed away. But he used to tell Terry he was a bad photographer. So now I do it, taking on Bob’s role. So Terry thought when his father passed away, maybe it was over but it’s not over, because every time I see Terry I say, “You are bad, you suck” Because he takes pictures with flash on his camera, and against your face and click, and click and click, and says “Wonderful, wonderful” “that’s great! That’s great!” but I never moved an inch. He photographed me for INTERVIEW, and I really did not want this guy to photograph me, but I agreed to do it. I went and they had racks of clothes, but I wore a black suit and tie, and I never changed my expression, yet he took a million pictures of me. I was determined to control the picture. So I looked at him, and he tried everything he could to get me laughing but I would do nothing. He stood in front of me, and he’s even got his assistant changing cards for him, but I never moved, I never changed expression. I gave him a good picture, but he still is the worst. Because photography to me, is about light and feeling, and you can do so much with that. With the flash on, the camera straight in your face, it does nothing. It wipes out everything. It is good sometimes, you know, paparazzi kind of pictures of the moment.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3X
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Color Filter Array Pattern830
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Horizontal Resolution75 dpi
Vertical Resolution75 dpi
Image Created2010:09:30 15:55:19
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance1.50 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceFlash
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width900
Image Height600
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: tumblr_nbe6leCduK1qa42jro1_1280.jpg (432 KB, 960x641) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbe6leCduK1qa42jro1_1280.jpg
432 KB, 960x641
Larry Clark - Yes. Speaking of fashion, though, Terry Richardson’s father Bob Richardson was a famous fashion photographer in the ’60s and there’s a picture that he took of me on my website. I just posted that. Someone just gave it to me, I’d never seen it before.

Olivier Zahm - Terry gave it to you?

Larry Clark - No, it wasn’t Terry. It was someone else who gave it to me. A magazine called me and said that Bob Richardson wanted to photograph me. I thought it was Terry and I didn’t want to do it. I said, “No, no, no.” I didn’t want to be photographed by Terry Richardson, but finally I said, “Oh, OK,” so they came and it wasn’t Terry, it was his father Bob. And so I’m talking to Bob and he said, “Do you know why you’re able to make your movies about kids and do all this work you do? Because you’re cool. If you weren’t cool, you couldn’t get within a mile of these kids.” And I said, “Oh, OK. Thank you Bob.” So I posted a picture that Bob took of me on larryclark.com and also a picture, the best picture ever taken of me, by Helmut Newton. He was a great photographer.

Olivier Zahm - He took a picture of you, too?

Larry Clark - At Cannes in 1995 when I did Kids. The New Yorker wanted to do a picture for a story about Kids, and they said that Richard Avedon would photograph me. I said “Fuck you, I’m not going to let Richard Avedon photograph me!” I told them that the only guy of the fashion ilk I would let photograph me would be Helmut. And it turned out Helmut lived in Monaco right across from Cannes. And he had just signed a contract with The New Yorker, so talk about luck. Helmut and June came over and Helmut took the photograph. It was just me and Helmut and his assistant and we drove around for a minute until he saw this place under a train trestle. I had no idea what he was doing, and he made this great photograph.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GF1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.3
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)39 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:09:04 15:21:16
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceFine Weather
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length19.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Can we get this fucking guy out of our /p/ allready???
I dont like his face. I can stand his person and im not intersted in debating it.
Just fuck off with the fucking terry allready.
Fuckin scumbags
>>
>>2755063
>our /p/
>I don't like x

fuck off already will ya?
>>
>>2755063
eye r8 -8 b8 fag8
>>
File: _nbt1l7vSt21qa42jro1_1280.jpg (398 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
_nbt1l7vSt21qa42jro1_1280.jpg
398 KB, 1280x855
>>2755063
>I dont like his face. I can stand his person and im not intersted in debating it.
then why are you replying in a TR thread instead of just skipping to the threads you like?

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GF1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.8
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:09:12 15:44:05
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length17.00 mm
Exposure ModeManual
>>
i dig terry's art
>>
>>2750338
You have seen him all over the place, but his "real work" doesn't look like his diary work, so you don't recognize it.
>>
File: Pepe Richardson.gif (106 KB, 858x690) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Richardson.gif
106 KB, 858x690
damn this Lui cover >>>/b/665917432 just leaked,
can't wait.............
>>
>>2755332
who is that girl on the cover? she from no doubt the band?
>>
His thing is getting to know people and being someone that people will let him do this kind of stuff to. Everyone on /p/ will talk shit and say they could do it but good luck ever putting yourself out there like that and making a name for yourself despite having mediocre work
>>
If you want to get into Terry, get a hold of Terry World. Not that hard to get. I appreciated his work a lot more once I saw it in print, and a lot of shit that's hard to find on the internet.

Now I just need to get my hands on the bible... So hard to find
>>
i wishe he was my uncle
>>
we need tutorials on interacting with models, not just how to use a damn flash

then we can all take good photos
>>
Rita full leak https://fgts.jp/b/thread/666034481/#666041612
>>
>>2755955
Literally who?
>>
>>2755958
gwen stefani's half sister
>>
>>2755049
Epic Larry
>>
>>2755682
No tutorial is going to teach you how to not be autistic
>>
>>2756089
you may think so if you didn't think at all, but there are workbooks for helping with social cues and such

we need a workbook or do / don't infographic like the new dad with baby series

do: crack dirty jokes

don't: crack dirty jokes about her
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.