[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name of this effect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Can someone tell me what the effect used on this photo is called?
>>
>>2749738
It's a simple diffraction filter, similar to the stocking on a UV filter trick.

So, what you'll need is a UV filter, and a bit of vaseline. If you don't have a UV filter, or a real camera, you can use a flat piece of glass and hold it over the lens and it'll be fine since it's not a high clarity effect by any means. Open the jar of vaseline, smear it on your hand, and with this hand put it up your ass to get the thickest turd possible. Now, smear it over the glass, but don't get it too thick or the image will be too dark.

The physics at work here are similar to a prism, causing the lateral separation of red and green.
>>
>>2749746
why isnt this board ever helpful?
>>
>>2749738
OP, in simple terms, you get to the RGB panel in photoshop, pick and move the channels slightly so they separate and create that look.

>>2749746
what the actual fuck.
>>
File: rgb.jpg (227 KB, 596x403) Image search: [Google]
rgb.jpg
227 KB, 596x403
>>2749776
like this, 3 seconds in photoshop.
>>
>>2749772
Because this isn't /r/ and the effect is gaudy.

I don't want to expend effort toward helping someone make a photo that looks like OP.

But I do want to expend effort pointing out that it's shit in a needlessly verbose manner.
>>
>>2749738
Search on youtube "3d photo effect photoshop".
and you'll get a tutorial of it
>>
>>2749738
>>2749772
I could link to you a website that does exactly that in a second for you but I don't like you. You didn't even ask politely.
Why would I help someone out that can't even respect this board, it's so clear that you are a guest, passing though for your one question and leaving again. You never contributed anything here and never will, ask in the stupid questions thread next time.
>>
>>2749788
>>2749738
here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GsCU4wHdmg
>>
>>2749746
>at first thought this was bullshit
>ended up just being about shit
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.