[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Photo editing - How do I do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: photo.jpg (20 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
20 KB, 500x286
How do I edit a photo to make it look like a Solidworks-like drawing? This is the starting pic. Next pic is the result that I would like to create. How do?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
File: drawing.png (27 KB, 344x219) Image search: [Google]
drawing.png
27 KB, 344x219
>>2749564
This is the end result that I am looking for.

Is this a filter process of sorts or did someone actually draw this in Corel or Illustrator?
>>
>>2749565
Someone drew it you dildo
>>
The entire point of homework is to force you to learn something and gain experience, OP. You're only hurting yourself in the long run doing this.
>>
>>2749565
Obviously it is drawn in autocad or similar software.
>>
>>2749565
could be filter I guess, but to me that looks more like it was modeled in a 3d program and rendered with a "toon" shader.
>>
>>2749565
When I was at school we had to do this shit by hand. This would have a "See me after class", every dimension is wrong.
>>
open photo in illustrator, click on "draw", use the sliders until it fits. enjoy a vectorized graphic.
>>
File: 1453384716612.jpg (42 KB, 377x216) Image search: [Google]
1453384716612.jpg
42 KB, 377x216
>>2749612
looks like this.. add missing lines by hand
>>
>>2749615
You're such an adorable treasure. I'm glad we have you on the board.
>>
>>2749617
you could put more effort in vectorizing this than I did..
>>
>>2749594
Yea, as I suspected. I was hoping for a quick and easy way out since I don't have AutoCad or Solidworks and potentially a lot of parts to do. I guess it's off to Elance or wherever to farm it out. Thanks all.
>>
>>2749920
What the hell you gotta do that for?
>>
>>2750029
I was entertaining the idea of converting my product pics to drawing type images. I like the consistency of the (drawing) image but either way (actual pic vs drawing) they are both labor intensive. Perhaps the actual pic is less so. I'm still on the fence. I have competitors that do one or the other. It's for marketing and catalogs. So my focus is in presentation, consistency and control of the images.
>>
>>2750949

yioyh
>>
File: thinger.jpg (34 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
thinger.jpg
34 KB, 500x286

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:22 15:50:32
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width500
Image Height286
>>
>>2750949
That cylinder would literally take 5 minutes to model in Inventor or Solidworks, champ.
Just download a torrent and get to work.
>>
File: 4.jpg (415 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
415 KB, 3200x1800
>>2751002
Also here is a camera I modelled in Solidworks. Just to stay /p/-relevant
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.